Old 30th July 2012, 03:13 PM   #21 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1616

Lurking

I had a weird one where whenever I looked at the Hanger at Balota the glass would project a weird coloured shape from it so I had to look away.

It wasn't helpful as I was in the middle of taking down some bandits

Old 30th July 2012, 03:55 PM   #22 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2204

Dead

I've had a lot of this around Balota as well, also near the large factory buildings.
Paulie_Walnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2012, 04:31 PM   #23 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 545

Chatty

I had this happen to me even in Elektro as well as at green mountain from about 2km away, you just be running along "oh look its green mountain..*graphical glitch*" alot of people have taken to running backwards towards them as if you run backwards at them it wont affect you as much, that being said you have no protection from whats behind you.
Old 30th July 2012, 05:03 PM   #24 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 64

Hasn't happened to me yet (fingers crossed). In the thread that veilo linked to, there was one post that quoted a possible solution:

Quote:
Got those giant shards and artifacts making the game unplayable? Fix is here:
Go to Documents/ArmA 2/playername.ArmaA2OAProfile
Open file in Notepad
Search for "sceneComplexity=;"
Change to "sceneComplexity=100000;"
Save changes and exit.
Launch DayZ with preferred method.
Enjoy.
edit: The one below seems like the dunny solution:
Quote:
hold shift
press dash on number pad once
type- flush

will fix it for the time being. do the same if you see it again
Note, I haven't tried these as I haven't had the problem, no idea if they work.

Last edited by HamiHarr; 30th July 2012 at 05:18 PM. Reason: extra info.
HamiHarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2012, 05:24 PM   #25 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
DayZ Face First Leader
Deadly - Post: 1233

I seen that solution posted previously somewhere (reddit/dayzmod?) and I think that is exactly the same as setting object detail to very low.

This still doesn't really fix the issue (although it can somewhat help) because the soldier textures still eventually have to load and when they do their parameters are still messed up.

Imagine you have a description of a rectangle -
length of each side:
a=5cm
b=10cm
c = side a
d = LET ME TELL ME SING YOU THE SONG OF MY PEOPLE

your graphic card isn't supposed to question the data so when any of the object parameters are messed up it will do its best to draw it no matter what it is.

You reduce object detail or point your camera away - the main object properties are still stuffed and the moment your graphics card is supposed to draw even 1 pixel of that graphic - instead of picking up "well, the object is 2meters long so at 300 meters distance, with the object detail on low, that will be only a few pixels"

instead it reads "ok lets draw this bad boy, 300meters distance, lowest settings, lets check the size ...i see : this corpse has a thing poking out that's bigger than the entire map!?"

Also, re the flush - i think that might be disabled in DayZ. Even if it isn't - it is the same as toggling your vsync on/off - it refreshes all your caches/memory/etc - whole graphics thing gets refreshed - and this only lasts a few minutes usually at best, sometimes less.
Veilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th July 2012, 05:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2818

Drunk

as far as i can tell, there is no "perfect fix" for this.

just have to wait for them to get their gear together.
Old 30th July 2012, 11:28 PM   #27 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 350

Dead

Ran around Balota in the dark with a flash light (yes I actually did that AND I am still alive, though down to 4k health as I crossed a Zed on a ladder before I realised what I was doing.. ouch). Zero artifacting from the static military corpses! Got on a server in daylight, there is the artifacting again.

(Damn you steam, before it updated I had no artifacting (and didn't have the two new graphical options), then it updated, buggered my files for a brief spell, allows me the two new options in Video settings but then gives me the artifacting. Makes it more hazardous in the military areas at least
Old 31st July 2012, 02:18 AM   #28 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1263

Tired

I didn't really notice much artifacting tonight. None at all. Even when we spent some quality time reacquiring transport at Berezino. Hell, I had a one man party at the tents prior to Veilo logging in and suggesting a plan to acquire lols.
Biggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st July 2012, 02:41 AM   #29 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 545

Chatty

No artifacting for me tonight even though didnt spend much time near any of the military compounds, but did do a rush through cherno and elektro where I had previous graphic glitches and suffice to say none happened.
Old 31st July 2012, 03:28 AM   #30 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1263

Tired

Possible ninja patch, maybe?
Biggus is offline   Reply With Quote