Old 26th July 2012, 12:49 PM   #11 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 31

Here is a List of rules that will be posted with the opening of the base.

Disclaimer: WE THE STAFF OF WASTELAND SANCUTARY ER ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DEATHS OR LOSS OF PROPERTY WHILE ATTENDING OUR FACILITY. USE US AT YOUR OWN RISK JUST AS WE HELP YOU AT OUR OWN. GUARDS ARE ON DUTY AT ALL TIMES AND ARE THEIR TO PROTECT STAFF AND PATIENTS.

Rules

1. All Patients or survivors seeking help must use the main road NW or SE of the base, ANYONE FOUND IN THE WOODS AROUND BASE WILL BE SHOT ON SIGHT.

2. Survivors are not allowed near the tents/supply area. Please wait for someone to contact you at the gates. Anyone found near supplies will be SHOT.

3. You may be asked to disarm; if you are asked to disarm there will be a tent (or area designated by staff) for you to put your supplies in until you are ready to leave.

4. When on the premises if you are attacked by zombies or another survive DO NOT PULL OUT YOUR WEAPON. Call out to the nearest Guard “your name” “location” and “attacker” If able. If you pull out a weapon you will be shot.

5. All survivors must follow the orders of Identified Guards/Medics/Staff. If any survivor fails to follow directions they will be asked to leave immediately. Anyone who does not will be Dealt with (you’ll be shot).

6. Undesignated vehicles are not allowed on or near the base. any Vehicle closer than 700m will be given 1 warning shot. If you need medical attention exit the vehicle at a safe distance and inform the closest guard of your intent. If able you must place your weapon in your vehicle.

7. Food will be given up to 2 soda/canned food per patient (if able). Medical attention will be given as well. We will NOT supply Blood bags/antibiotics/Epi-pens/Morphine/pain-pills we need those for our patients.

How to attend our facility

Locate our base by using the main road use caution as bandits can be waiting to ambush. Once you have arrived please contact a guard to inform them of your situation. Based on the severity of the situation you will be asked to wait at guard post or let through.

Once you arrive at Base PLEASE WAIT AT THE GATE FOR STAFF TO CONTACT YOU. If you are not contacted by our staff and enter the gate you run the risk of being marked as an attacker and will be swiftly dealt with.

Once you have been seen by one of our staff. Please use the road to exit the facility immediately, DO NOT RUN INTO THE WOODS and DO NOT LOITER. We cannot see the next patient until we know you have left.

It is possible at a later time that a vehicle will available to pick you up and bring you to our facility. Such notice will be given on the forums as to the make or model of said vehicle.

Last edited by demonictwilight; 26th July 2012 at 12:52 PM.
demonictwilight is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26th July 2012, 12:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

If your willing to help out please let me know when you are on. I need help now to set things up so If you willing now is the time. I Will need FOOD/SODA/Medical supplies, weapons for guards. I want to start this right now but I need to get the base set up and people on.

I also need tank traps and wire still

I already have a location picked out. It's already a outpost so their isn't many holes to fill. and plenty of guard posts.

Last edited by demonictwilight; 26th July 2012 at 12:56 PM.
Old 26th July 2012, 12:57 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 525

Just gonna throw another idea out here... what if the camp was offshore on an island? That would make access for bandits a lot more difficult. I'm not sure if we have any boats, but if we can get hold of one of those big ones we can ferry refugees across from designated pickup points along the coast.
Old 26th July 2012, 01:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

The boat idea is a really good idea, the only problem is finding a fast boat would be hard. The boat would force us to play on a certain server and I don't want to be forced onto a server I want to be able to pick it. I'm going into willing to lose the base from time to time..they way the camp will be set up if a bandit does raid it while we are not on, he maybe gets some food or medical supplies nothing that can't be easily found. So really its not the place that makes the facility its the people and the experience we bring to it.
But do keep a eye out for a boat that would be great.
Old 26th July 2012, 01:16 PM   #15 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
DayZ Face First Leader
Deadly - Post: 1213

don't put faith in tents - they are bugged at the moment:

the field in the database which saves tent contents only allows for 1 million tents ...there's way more than that ...so when you put down a tent it checks for available number ...and if someone's tent didn't get nuked recently (they get nuked regularly) and the number assigned for you is over 1mil, your stuff doens't get saved. servers and tents get regularly cleaned up - so under 1mil numbers get freed up all the time.

best to have assigned 'medical supplies officer' who has an alice pack or better full of the meds + maybe 1-2 "resupply runners" - guys who are good at getting to a hospital in berezino to pick up a backpack full of meds/food.
Veilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 03:13 PM   #16 (permalink)

As long as I can place the tent that's good enough for me. This is just a trial run to see how it works. worst case we get grieffed by bandits, Best case we have so many people to help we run out of supplies.
Old 26th July 2012, 03:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
DayZ Face First Leader
Deadly - Post: 1213

What location do you have in mind for this trial run ?

Somewhere near the south coast I hope?

Reason being - all other places are just too sparsely populated by players who could actually need/use/benefit from this thing.
Veilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 03:23 PM   #18 (permalink)
Guild Leader
Architect
Minecraft
Competent - Post: 396

Loving this idea, all for it.
It did remind me of the other vid too "5 meats on Andy!" lol
The best hospital vehicle IMO would be a UAZ, 7 seats, off road.
The island off the coast is a great idea too but I'd be worried that the islands of Chernarus still sit within sniping distance of the coast and unlike someone on the coast, we'd have nowhere to go and less places to hide..
So what are you looking for in a server for this?
Sign me up for supply and hospital duty and taxi driver if you need.
Espesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th July 2012, 03:48 PM   #19 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 525

I think the south-east end of Skalisty would be safe from snipers, mostly anyway.

But, in terms of mobility between servers having to use a boat (or other vehicles) would be a problem. I just assumed you were talking about setting it up on one server. =)
Old 26th July 2012, 03:56 PM   #20 (permalink)

Please Check the Members area forums for information on location of base.

As for server we need a server that allow's us to see names so we can make quick and accurate judgment about who needs to be shot and who doesn't.. I'm giving guards the benefit of the doubt when it comes to killing non-staff members because I understand how dangerous this will be.

Please let me know who would like to try this tonight. I would like to get a head count.

Last edited by demonictwilight; 26th July 2012 at 04:04 PM.