The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   DayZ and ArmA (Public) (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/dayz-arma-public/)
-   -   Dayz General hospital/Food Bank (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/dayz-arma-public/445819-dayz-general-hospital-food-bank.html)

demonictwilight 26th July 2012 09:50 AM

Dayz General hospital/Food Bank

So I want to try a social experiment but I need your guys helping doing it. I want to create a location that is publicly known as a safe haven. We will provide anyone food/soda and medical attention. I have a feeling bandits will try to attack often and as such I'll need Guards.

This is what I need

1. Suggestions for a server we try this on

2. 2-3 Tents to store food/soda and medical supplies

3. 3x barbwire and 3x tank traps to plug up and holes in the outpost.

4. Willing Guards and medical staff who I can trust and can follow orders.

5. vehicle is optional but would help with obtaining supplies and picking people up if needed. I would like to find a bus so we can get as much people as possible. I'm kinda tired of getting on a bus and then they blow it up..

I think this would be a great project for the community, I know a lot of you like gathering supplies, and the other half wants PVP which defending the position will provide a lot of.
I'm gathering supplies now and will get this started hopefully tonight, if not tomorrow.
I will be posting the server name and position on Dayz general forums to get as much public notice as possible.

Bazz 26th July 2012 10:18 AM

I love the idea, but would perhaps hang back on posting server and location until it is up and running - otherwise there is an excellent chance that bandits will hit it repeatedly.

If you are plugging up a base, will fires prevent Zeds from spawning inside the barriers?

(ps - happy to help supply / guard!)

demonictwilight 26th July 2012 10:56 AM

I have 2 tents and wire already so i'm getting close to have everything i need. Bazz hit me up i'll be in TS3 maybe you can help me grab stuff. Or let me know of any servers you find would be good.

I doubt i can completely stop zeds from spawning, but i think it'll give the guards something to do in-between raids.

Veilo 26th July 2012 11:33 AM

This is awesome idea - What time zone do you play in ?
If in australian TZ I'd definitely sign on as a guard - maybe bodyguard for the ambulance :)

Jacomus 26th July 2012 11:36 AM

This is exactly the sort of thing I want to get involved in. I'm happy to run sentry duty.

MrMuggles 26th July 2012 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jacomus (Post 3599397)
This is exactly the sort of thing I want to get involved in.

+1 I love this idea, was thinking of something similar. Maybe a TOG bus that goes and picks up refugees on the coast and brings them back to a camp with food and meds.

Dunno about bringing armed randoms in, maybe having a staging area that people have to leave their weapons at before being bused into camp. That might be a little extra work but may provide some level of security if only the bus stop(s) are public knowledge.

The camp itself could be regularly moved for added security. =)

Jacomus 26th July 2012 11:57 AM

I like the bus idea but we've got to remember how this game works. A newbie fresh to the game and a bandit who just got sniped and ended up back on the coast look very similar for the first 5 - 10 minutes of their new life. They'll have to be unarmed or surrender their weapons before they're allowed on and they'll need to be at gunpoint while they're in camp.

If it goes pear shaped and we get a rogue player then so be it. That's just DayZ.

It's worth it to give this a go.

MrMuggles 26th July 2012 12:10 PM

I think no matter what precautions were taken the camp could still be breached. It wouldn't be hard to pose as a fresh spawn, get on the bus unarmed, then use a map/gps to relay the position of the camp back to your buddies on voice comms.

That's a problem for the security guys to try and guard against though.

Veilo 26th July 2012 12:33 PM

I like the idea of a hospital site more than the idea of an ambulance van/bus/car.

Can still have both but I think a camp is better because it is MUCH easier to defend than a vehicle traveling around picking people up. For one, you can set up sniper guards around the camp site, while a traveling bus is asking to be sprayed with newbie AK rounds while everyone's inside.

Can still use a vehicle to deliver people in need to the hospital site - I just think the hospital site itself would be cooler/more viable in terms of feasibility/survival.

ColdCamV 26th July 2012 12:44 PM

It's an awesome idea but I can't help but think one someone says bus full of people and making them surrender their weapons I instantly think of that video of the fight club, fight to the death for food and medical supplies.

I would suggest maybe a quicker vehicle if you wanted to run an ambulance (motorbike, jeep, very least an ATV even though they have a tendency to flip.

Just my two cents and more than willing to help out if needed.