Old 1st August 2012, 01:19 PM   #31 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2818

Drunk

updated

Old 1st August 2012, 01:26 PM   #32 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
DayZ Face First Leader
Deadly - Post: 1203

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_one View Post
updated
Requesting all patch/changelog updates to be posted before 9:30am AEST.

This is the time I get to work and have breakfast.

Your compliance in the future is appreciated.

I have notified Rocket also already.
Veilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th August 2012, 01:38 PM   #33 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
DayZ Face First Leader

Who is excited about http://i.imgur.com/JtbD1.jpg ?

Apparently a group of modders have been working on modifying this arma2 map for dayz and they are talking to rocket about including this map, legit (currently can be done by making modifications which are not allowed), as part of main dayz project. Rocket has been supportive (mentioned in a few interviews that he wants to get more maps for dayz).

Apparently lingor island is comming at some stage in the future

Also, definitely confirmed by rocket to be in the works: bandit/hero (low/high humanity) unique headwear WIP for 1.7.2.5

Also rocket confirmed he is trying to get dogs into 1.7.2.5 but unknown if it will pass internal testing O.O
Old 6th August 2012, 04:09 PM   #34 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1613

Lurking

I would be more excited with a release date for 1.7.2.5!

I need those artifact/graphics bugs fixed. So annoying. Nearly got me killed the other night (was facing into glitches while tracking bandit)
Old 6th August 2012, 04:41 PM   #35 (permalink)
DayZ Wasteland Server Owner
Dangerous - Post: 697

Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veilo View Post
Who is excited about http://i.imgur.com/JtbD1.jpg ?
Apparently lingor island is comming at some stage in the future
Cool, I have just been watching some videos of Lingor today (scratching my DayZ itch while at work ). Looks pretty cool (very dense with buildings/loot).
Old 7th August 2012, 01:02 PM   #36 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by K3nks View Post
I need those artifact/graphics bugs fixed. So annoying. Nearly got me killed the other night (was facing into glitches while tracking bandit)
Have you tried Video Settings -> Advanced -> set Video Memory to "Default", then set it back to whatever. One of the guys suggested I try this last night and it worked. It didn't work for my friend but then he then tried just leaving it on "Default" and it was okay after that.
Old 7th August 2012, 02:30 PM   #37 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1613

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMuggles View Post
Have you tried Video Settings -> Advanced -> set Video Memory to "Default", then set it back to whatever. One of the guys suggested I try this last night and it worked. It didn't work for my friend but then he then tried just leaving it on "Default" and it was okay after that.
I set it to default the other night and it was alright however I wasn't near Balota or Cherno where it was occurring.

I was running through cherno last night and it happened again which was pretty annoying as I had a Zombie train behind me
Old 7th August 2012, 03:45 PM   #38 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 5

Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMuggles View Post
You should leave it on default when done switching it back and forth to fix the graphical glitches. Default uses as much video memory as your video card(s) have. The other settings are hard coded amounts, IIRC very high is only 512MB video memory.
Infinite Loop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th August 2012, 04:11 PM   #39 (permalink)
Squad Leader
Squad Leader
DayZ Face First Leader

Post artifacting nearly killed me in berezino last night Q_Q

Folks - some incorrect info re artifacting happening in this thread

First of all the issue: certain objects in game are causing artifacting, namely barbed wire and static corpses of soldiers (not zeds). If you're getting artifacting from other things - then it's a separate issue entirely.

secondly: there is currently no permanent fix. You can do three things to sort of alleviate the issue:

a) force a re-load of textures - this is done by changing graphics options that result in you seeing a brief 'loading' screen after you click accept. Vsync for example. It doesn't matter if you change it to on or off -it will cause texture reload. A lot of other options will cause this and when you do it you'll think omg issue fixed brb posting on reddit. It is temporary at best - artifacts WILL come back within few seconds to an hour (if you also combine this with solutions b+c)

b) reduce the chance of the corrupted textures loading. this is done by massively downgrading your in game graphics quality, via the options. This method will cause the graphics texture to load less often (or not at all), maybe reduced distance at which it will load, etc. This doesn't fix the issue either but if you keep distance from artifacting graphics then it will be pretty good.

c) don't go near areas containing artifacting sources - parts of cherno, berezino tents, stary, nw airfield, etc. - you can combine this solution with b to still go to these areas, maybe berezino apartments - if the corrupted textures don't load from there, you can explore apartments jsut fine

third thing to keep in mind: recently there was a server side sort-of-mini patch. among several things it did was removal of some of the objects which use the corrupted textures. Some of these things are too integral to the map to be removed effectively without client side update, but some check with server whether to load or not. Stary is a lot better these days for example, balota a little bit better. Berezino is a bit better (tents are shocking still) etc. The real fix will be in update 1.7.2.5 however.
Old 7th August 2012, 04:45 PM   #40 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 523

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite Loop View Post
You should leave it on default when done switching it back and forth to fix the graphical glitches. Default uses as much video memory as your video card(s) have. The other settings are hard coded amounts, IIRC very high is only 512MB video memory.
Nice, didn't realize that. =)