Old 16th April 2013, 01:53 PM   #11 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 7

Yeah all sounds like pretty good changes to me. Look forward to them. I guess on the code side of things ill admit I was totally naive, in saying that on behalf of everyone I play with thanks for the hard work you guys have put into the server. Regardless of my previous posts it is a fantastic server and I dont play on any others.
Wrayth is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 16th April 2013, 03:08 PM   #12 (permalink)
DayZ Wasteland Server Owner
Dangerous - Post: 702

Sleepy

Thanks man. I seriously didn't mean to bite your head off back there. I am just on the receiving end of these kind of "surely you can just ..." suggestions on the server, Whirlpool and here every day (lol, even Veilo does it to me ) and I just get a bit rawr about it sometimes because I feel like i am the only one with any idea how hard/impossible the implementation would be (which I know is not true - it just feels that way at the time).

The main reason I get frustrated is actually because I _do_ care and really do want to help fix these things and make it perfect for everyone. If I didn't I would just ignore these posts

But yeah, I am swamped with TODO lists of things were I actually do know exactly what I need to code and just need to find the time to do it. So for things like this where there isn't even a clear mechanic/algortihm decided on for how we tackle the problem ... I am kinda hoping others can chip in and spend some time thinking through the issues and then just give me discrete functions to write code for.

I don't mind helping out with explaining the core elements either to facilitate people working on it ... for example, the key issue with R3F objects is that only have 2 parameters to them currently:
  1. Lock state
  2. Owner's Side (team)
They currently don't even know what exact player owns them (hence the reason I don't yet have Indy group support for lock/unlock blocking).

So knowing who should and should be able to do whatever to them is contingent on a knowing a bunch of other things they currently don't know.

So you really need to break down everything you want to restrict or enable to basic functions and then try and work up a system of rules that can be determined with the information available (or work out what new information we need to add to the objects in the form of variables).
Old 16th April 2013, 04:00 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 631

Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshirt_Ensign View Post
I am kinda hoping others can chip in and spend some time thinking through the issues and then just give me discrete functions to write code for.
Can I help?
Old 16th April 2013, 04:10 PM   #14 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 7

Understandable redshirt and I didnt take offense, I would feel the same way in your position, considering time and effort. Sadly most of what else you said is over my head, Im an avid gamer but apart from that dont have any knowledge of coding and whatnot.
Wrayth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th April 2013, 04:25 PM   #15 (permalink)

Sleepy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fully View Post
Can I help?
Sure, for actual FF squad members it might be better having the discussion within our own forum section, but yeah I already lean on Veilo quite heavily for working out a lot of this stuff at a pseudo code level (since mostly what we are doing there is breaking down a problem to base elements and being careful to not mess up balance or playability of the overall game, thinking through all the angles on changes we make - i.e. Game Design).
Old 22nd April 2013, 04:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1626

Mellow

Hey not sure if this is possible or not, but maybe heres one way you could fix the problem of attackers coming and making their way into your base via a back wall they just ripped away. Is it possible to increase the time it takes to 'pick up' base buildings before you can move them around, say 60sec? that's more than enough time to deal with any attackers looking to wreck your base, might make people think twice before they spend the next 10mins moving a couple of things on a road to be a pain too.

Im no coder by any means, so remember its only a suggestion thrown out there.
Old 22nd April 2013, 04:37 PM   #17 (permalink)

Sleepy

If the base object (wall/bunker/etc) has been "locked" then it should already take 60sec of the attacker sitting there vulnerable (doing the unlock animation) before they can move the object. If it hasn't been locked then you have no right to complain about someone moving it, lol.

The main complaint is when you can't see the person doing the unlocking and therefore it would matter if I made the delay 2min or even longer they would still unlock it unnoticed.
Old 22nd April 2013, 06:31 PM   #18 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1626

Mellow

Ah right, didn't realise base objects could be locked in wasteland. Don't see what the problem is then, the problem only being the need to keep more of a watchful eye, or put the base in an easier spot to defend. A sweet spot I saw a couple of nights ago was over near Vybor or Stary I think, in any case it was a hill surrounded by clear flat pasture land for about a 1km radius.
Old 4th June 2013, 04:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 1

A minor request, but is it possible at all to get the M16A4 Acog in the gun store? It's probably my fav weapon, but kinda rare (for me) to actually stumble across one out and about!

I know there's more important things to worry about, but at least this one is very simple.

If not, I understand, and will try to live with the CCO version that's currently in there.
Ezkaton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2013, 12:46 PM   #20 (permalink)

Sleepy

Hmm, I thought we had the Acog in store already. No worries, will sort it out in next version update (due soon).