Originally Posted by Dirty
* Your experience bar gives you one ego point per full bar.
* Your Ego Score is your "level" sort of... it goes up 10 points per full XP bar, but also pursuits (achievements) and by doing certain story missions. Bonuses and content unlocks based on this.
I've asked this question in that other, "teams up with Syfy" thread, but got no answer. I'll copy/paste it here:
Question about character progression:
1. There is an exp bar at the bottom, when we fill it up by kiling and getting quests we get +10 EGO Rating and +1 Ego Point.
2. There is a hard cap of 5000 Ego Rating at launch
3. Filling up the exp bar is the only way to get Ego Points to then invest into character skills
4. There are many other ways to increase one's Ego Rating: Pursuits, weapon and vehicle skill increases, etc.
So I am confused, we seem to have conflicting goals here. On the one hand we are encouraged to do pursuits and increase weapons skills, on the other they contribute to raising the Ego Rating to the cap of 5000. Now, will the exp bar keep filling up after we reach the 5000 ER cap so we can continue to at least get Ego Points for our skills? And if not, is -1% reload time better that +1 point to a skill? Do we have to fight tooth and nail so as NOT TO raise our ER?