Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Digital Distribution & Game Applications

Digital Distribution & Game Applications Games distributed via On-Line Stores

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17th June 2009, 05:51 PM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5238

Tired

No no ...1.0000006 was never official worldwide.

GSC was also the publisher of SoC in Russia, hence they can do whatever they want there. However in the rest of the world THQ is the publisher and for whatever reason decided 1.006 wouldn't be released.

As far as I can tell from a bit of searching, 1.3.1 is the latest official release from iD, hence it is on Steam.

And it isn't about "official" sites with regards to the Steam version; the publisher must submit specific patches to Valve, which then get uploaded. THQ didn't submit 1.006, iD did submit 1.3.1.

Last edited by Jigoku; 17th June 2009 at 06:04 PM.
Jigoku is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 17th June 2009, 06:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigoku View Post
And it isn't about "official" sites with regards to the Steam version; the publisher must submit specific patches to Valve, which then get uploaded. THQ didn't submit 1.006, iD did submit 1.3.1.
ok cool, that makes sense

I'd like to see Steam end up with the 1.0006 patch as it's solely multiplayer and it includes the BattlEye anti-cheat system. Any Steam player wanting to play online is out of luck. The last time i looked (yesterday) there were no 1.0005 servers.

THQ submitted 1.0005 to steam yet their site only mentions 1.0004
THQ - S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl - PC - Patches

...now I have a headache, time to play a game
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 06:34 PM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5238

Tired

Also, re: Doom3, a fresh install of 1.0 will ask you to update to 1.3.1 if you use the ingame updater.

Patch versions on Steam do my head in sometimes, especially when the users go nuts at Valve over something they have little to no control over ; one of us (Steam mods) has to wade in and clean up the mess.
Jigoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th June 2009, 10:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigoku View Post
Patch versions on Steam do my head in sometimes, especially when the users go nuts at Valve over something they have little to no control over ; one of us (Steam mods) has to wade in and clean up the mess.
You Valve fanboy* you

It's incredible the power that some posters attribute to Valve in regards to third party games. I like LOL'ing at the ones who get so worked up they can't differential Valve from Steam

* For the record, the extent of my steam account only makes me a fan who happens to be male - quite a different prospect
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote