Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Digital Distribution & Game Applications

Digital Distribution & Game Applications Games distributed via On-Line Stores

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 27th October 2009, 02:07 PM   #21 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 545

Chatty

Yeah but alot of games get like that...they have amazing graphics first time around..two weeks later and the graphics are..dull..and eh. So you turn it off and chuck in crysis...2 weeks later same thing..repeat

Old 7th November 2009, 07:51 PM   #22 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1777

Yeehaw

I was never into pc gaming until HL2, only ps2. I had just bought a laptop (in 2004?) and decided to get the best fps that was out - i bought HL2 and played it to the end. I really enjoyed it, the atmosphere, the weapons, the sound. I bought HL and the other HL games (blue shift, opposing force) but only played HL maybe 1/2 way through, after i had finished HL2. I played HL2 ep1 to the end (but got stuck at the end) and am stuck at the end of HL2 ep2. The only other single player fps that has got me interested since then is bioshock.

As for the multiplayers I keep coming back to DODS, not battlefield (1942 or vietnam or 2 or whatever), or COD (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 etc), or CSS, or UT2k4/UT3. But maybe that is about the TOG DODS division more than anything else.

My guess is that HL1 is more history than anything. Play it to see what the evolution of gaming was about. And Blue Shift and Opposing force are about sequels and mods and integrated storylines. And HL2 was a serious step forward with story and playability and graphics.
Old 12th November 2009, 05:22 PM   #23 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1798

Angry

Just thought I would thow this up.......
Black Mesa

"Put your head between your knees and kiss your ass goodbye!!" ......
Milt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2009, 11:35 AM   #24 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1789

Half-Life. Ahh the memories. Little bulldog-looking things that squawked at you, headcrabs, zombies, they nailed the whole package imo. Played pretty much everything Half-Life including Half-Life:Source.

Killing things with circular saw blades and the gravity gun just never got old. Then again, killing things with pretty much anything picked up with the gravity gun was great.

Looking forward to Episode 3 if it sees the light of day. Edit: Interesting piece of footage Milt. It says "2009" at the end, not sure if that's when it'll be released or they were just telling us what year it is It looks pretty good. I'd forgotten about the crowbar!

Han Solo

Last edited by NackaJeem; 13th November 2009 at 06:38 PM.
NackaJeem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 02:39 PM   #25 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 355

Goofy

Doubtful it'll be out this year. They have set it back numerous times during it's development. Though when it does arrive, it's going to be HUGE!
Old 14th November 2009, 03:22 PM   #26 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3619

Quote:
Originally Posted by NackaJeem View Post
Edit: Interesting piece of footage Milt. It says "2009" at the end, not sure if that's when it'll be released...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Reems View Post
Doubtful it'll be out this year.
Looks like they've revamped their Web site and quite clearly on the home page it says:

Quote:
We have however committed to releasing in the year 2009.
Still a little bit of time to go - the Web site revamp may suggest they're getting closer to release. I'm just hoping that they're talking to Valve about making this available via Steam (like some other mods have done)...
Old 14th November 2009, 03:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 5501

Pensive

I'm guessing L4D 2 is the big valve game for this year, maybe we will see ep3 in 2010.

"If a job's worth doing, no further justification is required." - Alice: Madness Returns
"It takes just as much work to achieve failure as it does to achieve success."
King_Rocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 04:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 355

Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown View Post
Looks like they've revamped their Web site and quite clearly on the home page it says:

Still a little bit of time to go - the Web site revamp may suggest they're getting closer to release. I'm just hoping that they're talking to Valve about making this available via Steam (like some other mods have done)...
I really hope they do get this out before the end of the year. They are notorious for releasing tidbits and the such around Christmas time, so maybe it will be released as a big old Chrissy pressy for us all
Old 14th November 2009, 04:52 PM   #29 (permalink)
Leevers

Half life certainly isn't my game.

I used to play the old CS many moons ago when it was the most played game on the internet and rated so in the year 2000, and i think 2001 also, but like most things. I moved on to BF:1942, and then continued on with the BF series.

CS just doesn't provide that realism or mental stimulation that other games can provide today. With that said, I'm sure it's still an ok game to play every now and then. Obviously many still play it so it has a definite cult following, but I'm with you Ned.. I just can't find myself enjoying it.
Old 14th November 2009, 05:55 PM   #30 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25502

Amused

Nah, it'll be L4D3 in 2010.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote