Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Digital Distribution & Game Applications

Digital Distribution & Game Applications Games distributed via On-Line Stores

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 29th July 2010, 11:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1798

Angry
Default Kane and Lynch 1 & 2

After I had been shopping on steam and bought more games than I can get around to playing I found I had purchased Kane and Lynch. It is nothing new or anything like that but I actually enjoyed the barbaric simplicity of it. MInd you 4 hours of Single player isnt good but anyway I digress.

I am wondering if anyone has played the game in Co-op or even considered getting Kane and Lynch 2 , the demo is out and that too is also brutal

"Put your head between your knees and kiss your ass goodbye!!" ......
Milt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 29th July 2010, 11:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1775

Relaxed

Yes i have K&L1 and will get #2 when it goes on sale xmas time. havent tried the coop though.
Old 1st August 2010, 12:09 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5041

Sleepy

I'm another one ... somehow, I managed to own K&L 1

I think it was in one of the packs I purchased. Haven't looked at it yet.
Old 4th August 2010, 10:24 AM   #4 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 379

Relaxed

I briefly saw the trailer but what's the gameplay like?
AvatarICEMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th August 2010, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 7270

Paranoid

The demo didn't inspire me much but then it was defaulting to my xbox controller - perhaps it would be better with keyboard and mouse.

It's a format that's been done and IMO, done better elsewhere. I don't think I'll buy it based on the demo.
Purg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 05:19 AM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3198

Psychedelic

Demo ran fine but im not a fan of their "blair witch project" behind camera view, rather then look like its being recorded on a video camera it looks more like badly coded graphics what with the lighting bands up and down the screen, pixelation and film grain. Still the game is quite fun to play so its probably worth investigating when its out
Xavien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2010, 03:15 PM   #7 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
DOTA2
Deadly - Post: 2138

Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavien View Post
Demo ran fine but im not a fan of their "blair witch project" behind camera view,
I don't like that either, don't like it in any games. Overuse of motion blur in games is annoying too. It's interesting that 2 effects TV and film technology has been working to get rid of for decades is considered a "feature" in a game.

Anyway, I hope the PC version has an option to turn it off, like Mass Effect did. If only it had an option to turn off that damn vignetting as well.
Battlelog ~ PSN - Trent_Steele ~ Steam ~ Battle.net - Chief#6843
Chief is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 04:23 AM   #8 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3198

Psychedelic

Doesnt look like i will find out as steam is down and so i cant authenticate my copy of the game grrrrr had to go down on live day
Xavien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2010, 03:00 AM   #9 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 84

Grumpy

I brought K&L2, simply because I haven't any games to play or have gotten bored of the ones I do have. I would have to say that the single-player is a touch lacking. No real story, just shoot, shoot, shoot and shoot some more. The multi-player is what keeps me going back to it though.

There's the arcade mode which is basically robbing the same place over and over, with each round getting progressively harder (also single-player).

True multi-player you have Fragile Alliance in which you and seven others rob a specific place and try to get away with as much cash as you can over three rounds. Turning against your comrades in crime is entirely optional. Rather fun I find.

Undercover Cop is much the same as Fragile Alliance with the added twist that one of the players is randomly designated the Undercover Cop. So everyone does what they can to steal stuff, Undercover Cop tries to stop them getting away as best he can.

And then Cops & Robbers with two teams consisting of (you guessed it) cops and robbers. Robbers steal stuff and try and get away, player cops do what they can to kill the robbers. When a robber dies he becomes a cop. etc.

Kinda fun, I mostly just love betraying my friends and stealing their cash with a well placed bullet as they run towards the getaway vehicle, but them I'm an evil bastard. Who has few friends... for some reason.

All in all the game handles well, from what I hear the first one didn't. But the multiplayer gameplay is something I could keep coming back to time and time again. If it wasn't so annoying to find a lobby at times. But that little thing I can overlook well enough.

Last edited by GrumpyOldSod; 24th August 2010 at 03:08 AM.
GrumpyOldSod is offline   Reply With Quote