TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Digital Distribution & Game Applications

Digital Distribution & Game Applications Games distributed via On-Line Stores

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 5th October 2010, 10:34 AM   #21 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1775

Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadly View Post
Unfortunately Biggle's account was hijacked last night and links was being spammed to people in his friends list.

So not his fault, just a victim of a nasty phising attempt.
ahh sh#t i didnt realise this...i thought it was strange as he has been on my list for a long time...hope he gets his account back asap then.

Just spoke with Biggles and yeah, he logged into the same link that was sent to me, that was sent to him via his friends list. Be careful people. I know alot of peeps on his list are also on mine and probably most of yours.

Last edited by wHiTeRaSTa; 5th October 2010 at 11:22 AM.
wHiTeRaSTa is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 5th October 2010, 04:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4491

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHiTeRaSTa View Post
ahh sh#t i didnt realise this...i thought it was strange as he has been on my list for a long time...hope he gets his account back asap then.

Just spoke with Biggles and yeah, he logged into the same link that was sent to me, that was sent to him via his friends list. Be careful people. I know alot of peeps on his list are also on mine and probably most of yours.
I knew there was a bonus in not having any friends any where
Old 5th October 2010, 04:14 PM   #23 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 6182

Unhappy

Update:-
I have plowed through my son's emails from Steam, and this first one was the one that appears to have started the ball rolling:-
"Dear Steam user,

This is an automated message generated by Steam account administration. It is being sent in response to a query made by a Steam user to discover all account names associated with this email address.

Steam account name: ddog123456789

You can use the above account name to log in to Steam. If you can't remember your password, click on the "Retrieve lost account" button on the Steam login screen.

Signed,

The Steam Support Team

To contact us, send email to email@support.steampowered.com"

Why on earth would Steam reply to someone who requests account names associated with someone's personal email address?

Btw, Steam have replied asking for info from my Paypal account.
all his games were gifted from me, so I have the details of receipts somewhere...

Can someone please be kind enough to tell me where I can find my purchase history in Steam, I can't locate it anywhere.

Last edited by Roosta; 5th October 2010 at 04:16 PM.
Roosta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 04:23 PM   #24 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5238

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
Why on earth would Steam reply to someone who requests account names associated with someone's personal email address?
Because you forgot your username. You need access to the email address so only the account holder will get the information, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roosta View Post
Btw, Steam have replied asking for info from my Paypal account.
all his games were gifted from me, so I have the details of receipts somewhere...

Can someone please be kind enough to tell me where I can find my purchase history in Steam, I can't locate it anywhere.
In Steam, click "blahblah's Account" at the top right of the main window.

In Paypal, https://history.paypal.com/au/cgi-bi...istory&nav=0.3
Jigoku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 05:55 PM   #25 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jigoku View Post
Because you forgot your username. You need access to the email address so only the account holder will get the information, right?
Yeah, I understand that, BUT his user name isn't ddog123456789....This is why I am so confused....

Quote:
In Steam, click "blahblah's Account" at the top right of the main window.
I have checked that, but it doesn't show my history of gifts I have given.

Quote:
The problem is I don't know which copy is mine, and which copy was gifted...Or will it show up as a gift?
Old 5th October 2010, 06:58 PM   #26 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5988

Lurking

When your in your Steam account page you should see 2 headings under your account name

First is licenses + subscriptions,the second is Store Transactions,when you click on the second one you should see 2 boxes come up.

'Recent Steam Store transactions for your account' and underneath will be 'Recent Steam Store Gift transactions'
Beavis is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th October 2010, 07:21 PM   #27 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Yeah mate, I checked that, thanks Beavis.
The problem is that it doesn't show the receipt numbers for the gifts, and I can't locate one of the games in my PayPal history.
I must have just used my credit card for that one...Not sure it was so long ago.

I've taken a pic of his key # for the retail game, and sent off the Paypal details, so hopefully everything should be okay...Fingers crossed.
Old 5th October 2010, 08:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3619

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Brush View Post
Never enter your username and password into a web page that is not protected by SSL/TLS - most modern browsers will display either a padlock symbol and/or will change the colour of the URL (green for firefox). If you see any errors pop up about certificates, run for the hills.
What bugs me is the increasing number of sites that mix HTTP (unencrypted, insecure) and HTTPS (encrypted, supposedly secure) content on the same page - it gets difficult trying to explain this sort of stuff to a non-technical user when it would be so much easier if sites just used all HTTP or all HTTPS for everything on a page (I know why the content providers do it - but that doesn't make it "right" or "sensible", just "expedient").

I remember one site wherein the form (and all associated content like graphics) was sent to your browser via HTTPS, so all good there - but when you entered your ID and password, that data was sent back to the Web site in clear-text HTTP, making the whole effort rather pointless.

Best of luck getting the account back, Roo!
Old 5th October 2010, 11:09 PM   #29 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7433

Yeehaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Brush View Post
Not entirely true, if you're worried about a keylogger, the keylogger will capture the entry direct into the Steam client as well. If you've had script injected after manually navigating to the steam website then you've got other serious issues going on (e.g. you've been pwned anyway). I doubt you'll get big use of CSRF or anything against steam. Personally, I'd classify this as acceptable risk.
I know that, I was talking more about phising websites.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th October 2010, 04:38 AM   #30 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Hey guys, I've just been looking through old emails, and found a sub folder in my outlook express beneath the "deleted" folder.
It is empty and is called "odo".
The properties are "C:\Documents and Settings\Dave\Local Settings\Application Data\Identities\{********-****-****-****-************}\Microsoft\Outlook Express\odo.dbx"

I have changed the numbers for "*" in the brackets.

Does anyone know what the odo.dbx folder is?...I have googled it without success, and it has never been in Outlook before.
Could it be related?