Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Digital Distribution & Game Applications

Digital Distribution & Game Applications Games distributed via On-Line Stores

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th September 2011, 12:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3330

Fine
Default PAYDAY: The Heist [Available: October, 2011]

Steam:

Save 10% on PAYDAY? The Heist on Steam

Home:

Enter

Quote:
About the Game:

PAYDAY™ The Heist is an action filled first person shooter that lets players take on the role of a hardened career criminal executing intense, dynamic heists in constant pursuit of the next “big score”. Load out with an array of weaponry and equipment. Navigate six high-stake heists with three other live or A.I. Co-Op partners in crime.

Time for a PAYDAY™ - Cash in Before you Cash Out!

Key Features:

- Six High-Intensity Heists
- Interactive 4-Player Co-Op play
- Endless Replayability
- Massive Character Progression Tree
- Build Your Skills to Fit Your Preferred Form of Violence
- Hostage Trading
- More DLC: Additional heists, weapons and equipment means PAYDAY™—a digitally distributed AAA quality title for less than half the price of a retail game—is total OVERKILL

System Requirements:

Processor: P4 3 GHz or Athlon FX-53
Memory: 1 GB Ram
Video Card: NVIDIA 8800 or ATI x1900
Processor: Core 2 Duo or Athlon x2
Memory: 2 GB Ram
Video Card: NVIDIA 260 or ATI 4850
Quote:
Overview:

PAYDAY: The Heist is an action filled first person shooter game for the PlayStation®Network and PC that lets players take on the role of a hardened career criminal executing intense, dynamic heists in constant pursuit of the next "big score". Navigate diverse urban settings with three partners in crime - controlled by either AI or your best buddies in co-op multiplayer. Load out with an array of weaponry and equipment as you embark on a spectacular crime spree through six high-stake heists, including banks robberies, prisoner extractions and armored car hijackings. Time for a PAYDAY - so don your masks and launch the heist!

Six High-Intensity Heists:

Whether you're blowing the roof off a building to extract a safe via helicopter or emptying the vault at the First World Bank, these action-packed heists will have players on edge and always checking their six.

Endless Replayability:

Dynamic environments, adaptive enemy behavior, shifting entry points, FBI agents repelling down on ropes through the skylights, SWAT teams crashing through the windows and special units crawling through the ventilation shafts makes each play-through of every heist a unique fight.

Shout Out Button:

Players need to be vocal and shout commands and directions to the co-op crew, as well as hostages and the police if they want to survive to spend their cut of the take.

PlayStation®3 or PC:

For keyboard and mouse marksman, as well as handheld controller snipers, PAYDAY is the uber-FPS for a high intensity shooter fix.

Interactive Co-op Gameplay:

Whether AI or live, your crew of four must operate as one to bring get the "big score." Sharing extra ammo and med kits, helping regen wounded partners, guarding key positions, taking civilian hostages or cracking through various security measures - it's all for one and one for all.

Massive Character Progression Tree:

Players choose a specialty - assault, sharpshooter or support - to gain weapons and equipment that fit their preferred form of violence. Unlock trip mines, silenced pistols, machine guns and much, much more.

Hostage Trading: Hostages can be a lifeline:

If anyone in the crew is taken into custody, trade hostages to get crew members back and increase the odds of completing your objectives.

More DLC:

Additional heists, weapons and equipment means PAYDAY - a digitally distributed AAA quality title for less than half the price of a retail game - is total OVERKILL.
PS: $17.99 USD atm. (-10%)

STEAM-ID: TOG | TONSCHUH || ORIGIN-ID: TOG-TONSCHUH
DIABLO-3-BattleTag: SKOLOPENDER#1521 (ASIA + AMERICAS | OZ)
Main-D3-RoS-Char: BoneCrusher
My Rig
TONSCHUH is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 25th September 2011, 09:17 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

I'm definitely getting this game
More chat here - http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...ct-2011-a.html
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2011, 01:36 PM   #3 (permalink)

Fine

... I pre-ordered it too, but I can't install it atm, because the Steam-Servers are too busy (!) ...

My Rig
Old 1st October 2011, 08:44 AM   #4 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 3271

Brooding

Can you give us a short review guys? Or have you been too busy playing the BF3 beta?
Old 1st October 2011, 01:55 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2691

Lurking

Release date is apparently 4/5th October from what I've read, so can only go on E3 / Dev videos presently.

Looks interesting, possibly with some rough edges (from previews I've read), but priced such that you could forgive that. The fact that I've other stuff I'm still playing and that given the 4 pack isn't on any additional discount (just the usual 4 for price of 3) I'm likely to wait until the day 1 player reviews come out to decide.
Although the scythe isn't pre-eminent among the weapons of war, anyone who has been on the wrong end of, say, a peasants' revolt will know that in skilled hands it is fearsome. -- (Terry Pratchett, Mort)

Playing:
Killing Floor - Other Stuff
Thermal Ions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th October 2011, 04:33 PM   #6 (permalink)

Fine

... was someone able to play / download it yet (Australia) ? ... I have the play button, but I always get told that the game is not available yet ...

My Rig
Old 4th October 2011, 05:31 PM   #7 (permalink)

Fine

... release date got delayed: ...

http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...ct-2011-a.html

My Rig