The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Digital Distribution & Game Applications (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/digital-distribution-game-applications/)
-   -   [Recommended] Kerbal Space Program updated (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/digital-distribution-game-applications/405737-kerbal-space-program-updated.html)

Judge_Kiwi 19th December 2011 09:55 PM

Kerbal Space Program updated

Kerbal Space Program

This is a "must have" time killer that makes it easy to learn/use yet still have a very deep science and physics background - seriously, try to get a stable orbit ...

Well, there have been some major updates and much has changed.

For those that are old hands? Bigger ships and bigger FPS (no massive lag anymore) and fuel lines are the biggest tickets.

Thermal Ions 20th December 2011 08:57 PM

Downloaded this a couple fo weeks ago but haven't actually gotten to try it out yet. Looked like a bit of filler fun.

Fox 19th July 2012 08:14 PM

There are some other threads on this one but this is the most recent so ... bump!

Game is now 0.15 (0.16 due in a few days) and I've been playing this non-stop since March. Even publish a journal on the thing now. :) Complete addict. Post if you play. :)

Battle Pope 24th July 2012 09:40 AM

Got this the other day & love it.

I started out by building some huge multi-stage behemoth:
  • launch, spin *boom*:oops:
  • tweak
  • launch, spin *boom*:oops:
  • tweak
  • launch, spin *boom*:mad:
  • scrap, rebuild smaller rocket
  • launch, climb, "yessssss!!", tumble *boom* :(
  • re-think WWBD (What would Buzz do)
  • New design, straight line, 3 stage solid/liquid engine mix with plenty of fuel and stabiliser system.
  • launch, climb,climb,climb "go Hotdog GO!!!!!" climb......
Sucessful sub-orbital hop!!!!!!!!!!!!! All Kerbals alive & well.

:bighappy::bighappy::bighappy:

Awesome feeling of achievement.

Fox 24th July 2012 08:13 PM

Nice. :) I've been playing for months and use a lot of community mod parts (paid version) to get even more enjoyment out of it. If you need a tip then let me know. I co-author a KSP magazine (unofficial) so I'm sure I can give pointers if needed.

RedFalcon 27th July 2012 10:44 AM

Great, I'm happy I found others who play this. I just recently came across this and got a copy as well. I actually successfully have a particular kerbal floating in orbit. It's a rather strange elliptical orbit which spans about 30-min per revolution.

Fox 27th July 2012 07:04 PM

Awesome - now go rescue him with another craft. :)

Carm 4th August 2012 10:42 PM

Daz is loving the new updates to it having a ball when he tears himself away from minecraft :) they are doing a great job on it

astrospud 5th August 2012 09:07 PM

I've just bought it after having a play very early on in the development.

Problem is, none of the links in the Stock Repository work. Is anyone else having these issues?

Fox 5th August 2012 10:33 PM

The stock repository is VERY old and not maintained.

That and the fact that the whole forum just migrated to vBulletin YESTERDAY means much of the forum is still being tweaked.

If you need some stock craft then yell out and I can make mine available.