Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Digital Distribution & Game Applications

Digital Distribution & Game Applications Games distributed via On-Line Stores

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13th July 2014, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 605

Goofy
Default RCT2 workbench maps...

Don't want to necro any old threads, and with the understanding that Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack is available on Steam, and if anyone is still mucking around with RCT2, I present a couple of my own creations:

Kingdom of Magik: kingmgik
Idylwild Heights: idylhgts

Both are "workbenches", meaning sandboxes really. Both were done and uploaded to about 3 sites on the web way back in 2002. Recently rediscovered them and figured I'd save them from death. Both zip's have full info in the readme.txt's (I haven't changed anything in the readme or .sc6 files). Once you drop the .sc6 file in your /scenario directory and start the game, the maps can be found in the "Other Parks" tab. Both created using assets from the vanilla RCT2 (no expansion stuff included) and should work on all versions of RCT2, with or without expansions.

Files were also recently linked in the Steam RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 public group and on NewElement Designs website (NE hasn't approved release at the time of posting).

Enjoy!

Old 23rd July 2014, 05:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonkman View Post
Don't want to necro any old threads, and with the understanding that Rollercoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack is available on Steam, and if anyone is still mucking around with RCT2, I present a couple of my own creations:

Kingdom of Magik: kingmgik
Idylwild Heights: idylhgts

Both are "workbenches", meaning sandboxes really. Both were done and uploaded to about 3 sites on the web way back in 2002. Recently rediscovered them and figured I'd save them from death. Both zip's have full info in the readme.txt's (I haven't changed anything in the readme or .sc6 files). Once you drop the .sc6 file in your /scenario directory and start the game, the maps can be found in the "Other Parks" tab. Both created using assets from the vanilla RCT2 (no expansion stuff included) and should work on all versions of RCT2, with or without expansions.

Files were also recently linked in the Steam RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 public group and on NewElement Designs website (NE hasn't approved release at the time of posting).

Enjoy!
can you suggest where i can buy that online?
annaclara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd July 2014, 09:05 AM   #3 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 605

Goofy

Valve's Steam platform: http://store.steampowered.com/app/285330/
Amazon digital download: http://www.amazon.com/Rollercoaster-...6066616&sr=1-2
Amazon PC disc: http://www.amazon.com/Rollercoaster-...aster+tycoon+2

just a few I found.

Tags
rct2, rollercoaster, scenario, steam, workbench