One day, OranjeJus was idly crafting machines he had no real use for. Upon making a squeezer, he thought to himself: I wonder what I can do with this?
A quick browse through NEI and a forum search or 2 turned up some ideas.
A bit of time experimenting on server turned up some logistical problems with supply rates.
So OJ packed up his bags and went in search of a Single Player drawing board. Many short-change-on-sleep nights later, along with several pieces of A4 paper covered in numbers, ingredients, flowrates and calculations of dubious accuracy, OJ returned to the TOG server and began to work.
- 1 Squeezer was joined by 4 Fermenters.
- EmeraldKnight was bullied into modifying his really complex sorting system to accomodate OJ's needs.
- A Steve's Carts tree-farm was developed and installed to provide apples and saplings.
- 4 Fermenters needed 12 Stills and an Aqueous Accumulator.
- A day was spent on piping, ducting and conduiting.
- Resources were running low, so were soon being secretly appropriated from other projects that EK and Nas were trying to work on. "Where is all the iron? Why do we have no Copper?" they cried.
- 12 Stills soon were accommodating 96 Combustion Engines, which required 24 Aqueous Accumulators.
- DeeP's kindness was taken advantage of and material shortages were twice alleviated via OJ's deft manipulation and puppy-dog-eyes.
- The engines were wired up to 24 Magma Crucibles, which got their cobblestone supply from 2 Igneous Extractors.
- Eventually, 24 Thermal Generators were connected to the Magma Crucibles.
- Cable was finally run from the Generators to the Matter Fabricator.
The big moment had arrived. With EmeraldKnight there to witness the event, a single lever was thrown and the whole contraption groaned into life.
Mk7 of the OJ Generator is alive. 576 EU/tick at low voltage.
It is powered by oak trees.
To view the Biofuel refinery and Generator set up at EK, Nas and OJs place, just ask in game and we'll give you a tour if you wish to see it working. A guided tour with full explanation is available from OJ. Be aware, you may or may not receive correct details from EK and Nas about the inner workings, depending on how well they understand my evil genius.
Disclaimer: there are some minor improvements related to item supply rates to prevent (instead of just handle) overflow scheduled, but no alterations to the actually piping routes or machines need to be made.
Also, pictures provided by Journo-Ducky a few posts down. (I found an Enderman had kindly deposited an ugly dirt block on my nice marble after Ducky had finished taking all the pics. I now need revenge on the Endermen for such an affront!)