TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Old 20th February 2012, 05:26 AM   #91 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 571

Breezy

I'd love to check out this one if anyone has an extra key
Guild Wars: Kalizaar Allbane (N/W), Illya Awnfyre (E/M)
Retired - EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, AO, AoC, WoW, DAoC, LotRO (lifetime sub), FFXI, TCoS, CoX, GA, SWTOR, WAR
Also playing - Titan Quest, HAWX, Civ 4, Left 4 Dead, Sword of the Stars, + billions of other strategy and rpgs.
sschrupp is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 21st February 2012, 05:21 PM   #92 (permalink)
Average - Post: 247

Cynical

Very interested in this game, but not sure i can be bothered with the xp/ ability wipe they plan on doing before the proper 'launch' according to that 2 hr video. I suppose i'll just wait until they not going to do that any more? i.e. the 'launch' that isn't a launch... or whatever.

Lotro Characters: Barfalas - 75 Hobbit Minstrel; Barfithidor - 71 Man Captain; Barfrond 75 Man Champion; Barfthalion - 69 Elf Warden; Barfolas - 75 Elf Hunter; Barfosi - 75 Dwarf Rune-Keeper; Barfandir - 61 Man Lore-master; Barfindus - 39 Dwarf Guard; Barfenegar - 35 Hobbit Burglar
barfarina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd February 2012, 04:34 AM   #93 (permalink)

Breezy

OMG... just watched the 2 hour video at work... lol. Looks awesome!
Retired - EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, AO, AoC, WoW, DAoC, LotRO (lifetime sub), FFXI, TCoS, CoX, GA, SWTOR, WAR
Also playing - Titan Quest, HAWX, Civ 4, Left 4 Dead, Sword of the Stars, + billions of other strategy and rpgs.
Old 22nd February 2012, 05:27 PM   #94 (permalink)
Retired Journalist
Retired Journalist
Elite - Post: 4437

Thanks for getting Rejaku in, Aldmw. Hopefully we'll get more keys to divvy out.

The wipe is to set everyone on a level playing field for the public release. The beta isn't for just for people to have fun and level characters, we're also giving them feedback and helping stamp out problems.
Old 27th February 2012, 12:47 AM   #95 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Retired Captain
Crusade Officer
Elder Scrolls Online
Elite - Post: 3534

Tired

Sign me up if any more keys float around!
Old 27th February 2012, 04:48 AM   #96 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 70

Confused

i've been trying to get a key over at FF, no luck.. they are supposed to be n a computer magazine.. like PC i think.

i get the impression that over at FF the people are just playing with you about having a key.

the guy saying the best "PickUp line" would get a key.. tipped me off to that.
Old 28th February 2012, 02:10 AM   #97 (permalink)

Breezy

They said you increase your chances if you log into their forums every day, and if you participate it helps even more. So like a week after I read that and started going to the forums every day and making a post here and there I got an invite.. hehe.

Maybe I'm just super lucky though, but it can't hurt I'm sure!
Old 28th February 2012, 07:56 AM   #98 (permalink)
Retired Journalist
Retired Journalist
Elite - Post: 4437

Posting definitely increases your chance to get a key. Most people who got one early on were contributing regularly.

BTW, they just kicked out a buttload of invites (10 grand, IIRC), so your odds are going up.
Old 28th February 2012, 10:31 AM   #99 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4098

Beta Update: Source

Quote:
Hey Folks,

It's been a while since my last beta update. My sincere apologies for that. It's been busy around here to say the least. We've had a lot of new staff starting and we've been really moving on getting more and more of our game out to beta testers. Last week we sent out our largest wave of invites ever. A total of 10,000 invites were sent by Red 5 and over 8000 invites were given to our beta testers to give out just the week before. This more than doubled our existing beta users.

All these additional users created a very scary situation as we weren't sure how many would be able to play on Saturday. Since we are still on a strict testing schedule, some users aren't able to play when the servers are up. In the end though, we nearly tripled our previous record of concurrent users and more than tripled the number of unique users.

All didn't go perfectly though. As we expected, the massive increase of users pointed out a lot of places where our scalability was bottlenecked. Some of these issues we were able to fix on the fly and keep running the test. Others are being tasked out to engineers to get fixed ASAP.

Just a couple of weeks ago we moved our users from a temporary zone where they could queue up for PVP into Copacabana, the starting area that will ship with the game. This is still mostly just a queuing area, though we do have various creatures for testers to kill and loot. We also revealed manufacturing, resource refining, and more within that release.

The release of Copacabana allows us to roll out new content a lot easier than before, so we are currently prepping for the release of resource collection (aka thumpers), Chosen combat, missions, invasions, and more. There's still a lot to do for each of those, so they will probably come out in bits and pieces, but it's a very exciting time for us.

While we probably won't send out more invites this week (at least until we get most of the scaling problems fixed), we are still growing beta and will be doing so much more rapidly than in previous weeks. Keep an eye on our Facebook and Twitter for additional chances to grab keys.

Thanks for being a part of this community. Thank you for all of your support. I hope to see you all in game very soon.
Old 1st March 2012, 08:50 AM   #100 (permalink)

Breezy

Excited for tonight!