Old 8th April 2012, 05:02 PM   #161 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 694

Chatty

We're on again today, looking for some ToG action on TS. Shinjo has his Light Thumpers on, so we need some extrra guns. If you're on the beta, [enter] /w {playername} {your message} [enter] sends a whisper, across instances if needs be. Whisper shinjo for squad invite.

For those not in the beta, different resources are mined with thumpers. You have to explore and use scanning to find good spots to thump, then defend the thumper while it fills from the bugs and such it attracts. Easier to defend in squads, obviously, and in a squad, you share the resources mined from any squad member's thumper. The flying thing is just to move quickly to more remote locations.

Resources, once mined, equal currency and materials for trade and crafting. really in depth game, grindy though, and the shooting element is just plain good fun. We definiately want ToG squad members though.
Noises is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 8th April 2012, 06:58 PM   #162 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1458

Happy

Interested ... Any keys round I can trade for another game if you want PoE ...

True to type organic, heirloom and open pollinated seeds, join the revolution against modified foods and enjoy the taste of home grown food.

Grow fresh, eat fresh!
delushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2012, 08:11 PM   #163 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4163

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noises View Post
Resources, once mined, equal currency and materials for trade and crafting. really in depth game, grindy though, and the shooting element is just plain good fun. We definiately want ToG squad members though.
A little grindy, but acceptable. It actually feels like you've achieved something at each step, yet doesn't seem unobtainable either. This applies to leveling (only Medic frame at rank6 so far, though not worried I seem lagging behind) as well as crafting and resource collecting.
I fly solo most of the time which makes it kinda hard, sent a couple of whispers but no reply - however finding a pug group isn't hard when I have a spare minute. PvP is fun however I find I'm enjoying PvE more.

Last edited by Snott; 8th April 2012 at 08:15 PM.
Snott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2012, 11:09 PM   #164 (permalink)
Team Fortress 2
Deadly - Post: 1389

I'm in too, might get some of the TF2 guys to get in on it if I can find more beta keys.
exekewtable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 08:07 AM   #165 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 571

Breezy

Noises how do you launch off with the glider without nose diving first? Seems like when I launch it shoots up then down before I can level out. You start out level from the start!
Guild Wars: Kalizaar Allbane (N/W), Illya Awnfyre (E/M)
Retired - EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, AO, AoC, WoW, DAoC, LotRO (lifetime sub), FFXI, TCoS, CoX, GA, SWTOR, WAR
Also playing - Titan Quest, HAWX, Civ 4, Left 4 Dead, Sword of the Stars, + billions of other strategy and rpgs.
sschrupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 10:37 AM   #166 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 816

Breezy

as you step up to the plate, look up and forward, hit the space bar as you hit the plate, then roll it forward after you are up.

Your wings face the same way you are, if you are looking horizontal when launching, your wings are expanded but flat, or themselves horizontal to the floor, and you are standing. You need them vertical like a plane climbing. Maintain the spacebar press as that is your wing extender. Note that you can shoot when flying, even in first person.

When your wings start to tip back and forth, you are stalling - nose down a fraction until it smooths.

Both Noises and I are in again today, whisper us. If you are whispering me, spam it a couple times. I dont pay much attention to the chats....

when joining, /s is team chat, /z is zone ( circle ), /l is local, /w is whisper
once you enter a channel, you are in that channel until you change back.
/invite xxxxx to ask someone to join your team
/kick xxxxx to ask someone to leave
/accept to join
/deny to send apology

see you in game.

ooh, just logged in and it appears as though messaging to others when they are not on is persistent, I got a message from Kalizaar when I logged in and he was not...

Last edited by Shinjo; 9th April 2012 at 10:57 AM.
Shinjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 01:21 PM   #167 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1615

Amused

So looking at the vids, this is a 3rd person shooter... anyway to play it in 1st person?
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 01:30 PM   #168 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 816

Breezy

yup, press scroll button on mouse takes you into 1st person
Old 9th April 2012, 01:34 PM   #169 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 694

Chatty

Look about 15 degrees up from dead level when the pad launches you.

1. Walk onto the plate, looking slightly up
2. Hit space as you are launched upwards. (Imagine you're flying straight up, with the launch propelling you.
3. in the first half second or so, as you slow down, roll the mouse forward so you're not looking slightly up, but slightly down from dead level to the horizon, like you're leveling off. It takes a few practice runs but you'll get it.

I find I have the best results launching facing the desired diresction of travel, any attempt to turn at the launch usually goes badly for me. Also, speed wobble is actually a stall wobble, it happens right before you stall, nose it down a bit if you get a stall wobble.

TIP: Try switching to third person view before you launch.

EDIT: the launcher has been changed in the last two patches, now it's just simply walk straight onto it, realease the W key, then hit space at the top of the launch. I'm getting incredible glides every time now doing just that. Except when I don't.

Last edited by Noises; 23rd April 2012 at 07:33 AM.
Noises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th April 2012, 09:03 PM   #170 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4163

I used to glide fine but now nosedive every time - I haven't changed what I do.

and yeah you can play first person 100% of the time if you like, I switch between as I find 3rd person better for exploring and mobility, and 1st person better for aiming.