Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range > Firefall

Firefall A FPSMMO in the style of Tribes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 6th April 2013, 03:33 PM   #71 (permalink)
Squad Leader
2R Regiment Commander
World of Tanks
Deadly - Post: 1034

Add me to the list

IGN: Irenka
burnx is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 7th April 2013, 08:30 PM   #72 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Neverwinter Online
Mostly Harmless - Post: 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnx View Post
Add me to the list

IGN: Irenka
Invited ya.
Unworthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th April 2013, 07:15 PM   #73 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Neverwinter Online

I have tiki mask codes to give away if anyone wants 'em First come first serve, just post here.
Old 9th April 2013, 03:26 AM   #74 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1268

Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unworthy View Post
I have tiki mask codes to give away if anyone wants 'em First come first serve, just post here.
What Tiki mask do you have. I've got a Lieutenant account, so I've got the two boring ones.

Also my name in the game is Lurch, so looking to join up with the TOG army.
Old 9th April 2013, 12:14 PM   #75 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1407 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Sneaky

I went ahead last night and blew 100 red beans on the bastion (engineer frame), adding the standard engineer turret to the build so you can run 3 turrets (1 big one, two smallers) and the auto repair deployable.

Bastion equipment takes 1/3rd damage (meaning it has greater survivability).

I then went out with my light tiki and successfully thumped in good cover, open fields and everything in between with a bog standard 0 XP bastion... The same thumper I couldn't successfully solo in my upgraded Recluse frame.

In short, the Bastion currently is the go to frame for soloing and I would suggest it's also a needed for a squad. You go from barely scraping in 75% (and I've lost a light personal tiki before due to a bit of bad luck trying to send it) to easily completing 100% and getting double rewards...

Bit sad that currently most frames can't even compete with the bastion, particularly when comparing a heavily upgraded frame to a fresh out of the box one...

Asmodai aka Saviourself aka Stabbitha aka Azshadoria... or Azsh... Azshaz?
Asmodai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 04:33 AM   #76 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Neverwinter Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
What Tiki mask do you have. I've got a Lieutenant account, so I've got the two boring ones.

I got the glowing mask pack, but the free giveaway codes give you the standard "Ensign" masks.

Cool, welcome! I'll invite ya ASAP (or anybody else in [[TOG]] can if you find them online).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asmodai View Post
I went ahead last night and blew 100 red beans on the bastion (engineer frame), adding the standard engineer turret to the build so you can run 3 turrets (1 big one, two smallers) and the auto repair deployable.
Any idea if the craftable level II turrets are better than the stock ones? The stats don't make it seem so, and I'm not sure if the stats are bugged or if the level 2 ones are really just crap. Plus, how does it work with the auto-upgrading Heavy Turret? Does it go from 2 to 3 then, or does it just start out at 2 and stay there instead of needing to upgrade itself through combat?

Quote:
Bit sad that currently most frames can't even compete with the bastion, particularly when comparing a heavily upgraded frame to a fresh out of the box one...
Well, the Engineer is particularly suited to area defense. That's its role. They're not nearly as good in Chosen missions, etc. Since the current state of the game is pretty much Thumping With Guns, the Engineers have disproportionate influence. I hope that as more content becomes available, other classes will have more obvious niches.

For example, the Assault class is a lot of fun with those base invasion missions, and the snipers are great for head-shotting the Chosen... except the rewards for those missions are currently so lackluster they're not really worth doing.
Old 10th April 2013, 10:03 AM   #77 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Neverwinter Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch View Post
Actually, it says you're already invited, so just accept the invitation via the social menu whenever you get a chance.
Old 10th April 2013, 10:34 AM   #78 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 57

i would like to be added to the list as well. ign=daed
Daed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th April 2013, 12:40 PM   #79 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Neverwinter Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daed View Post
i would like to be added to the list as well. ign=daed
Done. Welcome

---

I made a new thread so we can better keep track of the players. Future updates will be put in the topomost post there.

Last edited by Unworthy; 10th April 2013 at 01:02 PM.
Old 15th April 2013, 09:16 AM   #80 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1407 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Sneaky

For people that do play, Furiouscowbell, Brancho and I are regularly running medium personal (more efficient for 3 people than a stock squad) thumpers to get past Tier II constraints atm so if you want to join in, let us know. Until we can transition to medium squad thumpers (which will be a while I think), heavy personal gives almost as good bang for buck with an easier time for 4-5 people, so we're happy to have some extras along. ; )

We play on Aus EST times, usually on from 7.30-8.00 pm.

Asmodai aka Saviourself aka Stabbitha aka Azshadoria... or Azsh... Azshaz?
Asmodai is offline   Reply With Quote