Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range > Firefall

Firefall A FPSMMO in the style of Tribes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25th August 2013, 06:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 506

Confused
Default firefall new battlefram

here is the link slow but nasty i think.

Firefall

"So what are you."
"Alive everything else is negotiable."
threeleggedfrog is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26th August 2013, 08:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Wildstar
Deadly - Post: 1286 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Sneaky

Quote:
Originally Posted by threeleggedfrog View Post
here is the link slow but nasty i think.

Firefall
As I understand it, the Arsenal frame will be a fast assault dreadnaught (mebbe they've given up trying to fix the Rhino which is also supposed to be an assault DN) with a selection of main weapons including a large bore shotgun (so getting away from the one main weapon per frame bit).

Looks like fun. I'll be interested to see what it's DPS is like considering my mammoth at the moment lays down some pretty unholy DPS already.

Asmodai aka Saviourself aka Stabbitha aka Azshadoria... or Azsh... Azshaz?
Asmodai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 09:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Wildstar
Deadly - Post: 1286 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Sneaky

Annnnd I'm not terribly impressed with it, having put it through it's paces last night. The frame was completely stock of course, but I'm not complaining about a lack of DPS compared to upgraded frames.

The rocket jump is kinda sad, even if you put on full JJ's as you blast off, you hit a hard ceiling of the RJ where you kinda stop, then you start jetting which takes all the momentum out of the move. You would get greater effect/elevation just using repulsor blast + upgraded JJ's and you wouldn't get the pause at the top of the jump.

The alternate weapons are freaking annoying and kinda meh. Obviously ammo counts will be upgraded in crafted versions but they don't really seem to scratch an itch that isn't already catered for.

They're really reaching if they think that the Arsenal in it's current state brings anything to the table that isn't already covered better by the Mammoth (I'm guessing they're going to nerf the Mamm to make the Rhino and Arse* better)

*Yup, from now on I'm just calling it the Arse...

Asmodai aka Saviourself aka Stabbitha aka Azshadoria... or Azsh... Azshaz?
Asmodai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2013, 10:40 AM   #4 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 334

Amused

FWIW from patch notes

Arsenal

* Omnidyne-M Industries is proud to announce its latest battleframe chassis based off the Dreadnaught archetype, the Arsenal.

Plating

* The Arsenal comes with plating that grants it 2,000 hit points (stock).
* The Arsenal's Regulation plating grants it 2,400 hit points (PvP).

Signature Weapon

* Light Machine Gun (LMG)
* The LMG has a high rate of fire, dealing 42 damage per round. The LMG has a clip size of 120 and its maximum ammo reserve capacity is 480 rounds (stock).
* The Arsenal's Regulation LMG has a clip size of 120 and its maximum ammo reserve capacity is 480. The Regulation LMG deals 58 damage per round (PvP).
* The LMG's alternate use is a slower but more accurate rate of fire.

Abilities

** Electro Magnetic Pulse (EMP) - Specialty/Passive
* Each time the Arsenal activates an ability, it sets off an Electro Magnetic Pulse blast in a 3 meter radius originating from the Arsenal, sapping all energy and dealing 300 damage (stock).
* The Regulation variant of Electro Magnetic Pulse deals no damage, but instantly drains all energy from enemies within a 3 meter radius when triggered (PvP).
** Combat Shotgun
* The Arsenal switches its weapon to a combat shotgun. The combat shotgun has 8 shots and fires 12 rounds per shot. Each round deals 35 damage (stock).
* The Regulation version of Combat Shotgun has 10 shots and fires 14 rounds per shot. Each round deals 50 damage (PvP).
** Particle Beam
* The Arsenal switches its weapon to a particle beam. The particle beam charges up and deals 450 damage at its targeted area with an area of effect range of 4 meters. The Arsenal can fire three shots of its particle beam before switching back to its main primary weapon (stock).
* In Regulation, the Arsenal's Particle Beam has 5 shots and deals 675 damage on a direct hit with an area of effect range of 4 meters (PvP).
** Rocket Jump
* The Arsenal launches itself directly upward, dealing 300 damage in a 3 meter radius around where the Arsenal initiated Rocket Jump (stock).
* The Regulation version of Rocket Jump deals 350 damage in a 3 meter radius around the place the Arsenal initiated Rocket Jump (PvP).
** Shoulder Rockets - Hyperkinesis Module
* The Arsenal launches a barrage of rockets out of its backpack for 2 seconds at its target. The rockets have dropoff after a range. Each rocket deals 300 damage and deals area of effect damage in a 3 meter radius (stock).
* In Regulation, Shoulder Rockets rockets for 3 seconds that deal 350 damage per rocket and deals area of effect damage in a 3 meter radius (PvP).
Daworm is offline   Reply With Quote