Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > Shooter Games: The Range > Firefall

Firefall A FPSMMO in the style of Tribes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 31st January 2014, 01:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Administrator
MMO Division Admin
All Knowing - Post: 17214

Default Patch 0.8 deployed

The big content patch is being deployed, about 1.5GB. Downloading now ...

Old 31st January 2014, 02:39 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4146

Looks interesting, and I think a good move as they look to be moving in a more balanced direction - they actually have reasons next to patch notes, which is nice.

Patch Notes For v0.8.1736 - Firefall

Last edited by Snott; 31st January 2014 at 03:04 PM.
Snott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2014, 04:13 PM   #3 (permalink)
Diplomat MechWarrior
Dangerous - Post: 893

I appreciate the reasons, might not like them but that's not the point.

I think I will be doing a lot of crafting shortly as gear is essentially reset.
Old 31st January 2014, 10:52 PM   #4 (permalink)

Yep, get the Salvager addon or it's a right pain. Basically all gear is now useless, so you need to salvage it and craft new stuff.

I got as far as installing the Salvager addon and clearing out everything, then did a crashed thumper and logged to watch a movie. Just did a full reinstall of Windoze so am a bit over staring at a screen.
Will be fine once everything is worked out for your gear and how it all works - but yeah might be a pain for a short while.

I like the UI changes and everyhting feels more like a game closer to coming out of beta, more features that work together etc. It just feels more well thought out. This is the third or fourth crafting and leveling change I've seen and I hope it's the last.

I've also requested a TS channel as it got dropped in the server move http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/...ml#post3988948 seeing as we'll have a bit more activity again I suspect.

Last edited by Snott; 31st January 2014 at 10:59 PM.
Old 1st February 2014, 10:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Administrator
MMO Division Admin
All Knowing - Post: 17214

I created the TS channel last night
Old 1st February 2014, 02:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety View Post
I created the TS channel last night
Ah hah! I knew I wasn't going mad!

Well I hoped I wasn't Thanks Rickety

Old 1st February 2014, 09:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

Nice.

Source: A Note About Item Changes in 0.8 and a Thank You | Firefall Forums

Quote:
Hey everyone!

As you know, last night we released a new patch to Firefall that provided many new updates to the game including more content, the first story campaign missions, an iteration on the progression system, UI reworks, and more. As part of this update, the way gear and equipment is calculated changed, requiring us to mark your old gear as un-equippable.

To get everyone started after these changes went out, we provided temporary gear that would be appropriate for the progression level of your Battleframes. This gear had constraint values that were scaled too high for the quality of the equipment, making it difficult to equip your battleframes with the set. This mistake is on us, and we will be providing everyone with new crates with equipment appropriate for each of your Battleframes' Tech Level. These new crates will provide two sets of equipment per Battleframe. One set at your current Tech Stage, and another at one Tech Stage below your current so that you can mix and match to be able to equip more of the gear provided in these crates.

We also realize that many of you have spent large amounts of time and resources to craft gear that is now obsolete. As our way of saying thank you for your understanding and patience with these changes during our Beta process, we will also be giving everyone some extra rewards. These include:

A 7-day VIP package giving you access to a 50% Crystite bonus, 8 additional Marketplace slots and 2 more slots in the Molecular Printer.
5 one-hour 20% resource boosts that will increase your resource gains for their duration.
We are preparing a hotfix to address some other major issues. When the hotfix is deployed, you will get your new equipment crates as well as a mail with the resource boosts attached.

You guys are important to us and we want to thank you for all the efforts you have put forth in the Firefall Beta so that we can make Firefall the best game it can be.

Again, on behalf of The Tribe, thank you.

Old 3rd February 2014, 09:39 AM   #8 (permalink)
Diplomat MechWarrior

So far I'm noticing the restriction for resources more than anything else.

Going to be surplus of low quality material now, hard to get the high q stuff as it only spawns in Antarctica - Last night there were only 2 nodes available and the area is tiny.

ON the plus side, Thumping is pretty easy.
Old 3rd February 2014, 12:48 PM   #9 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Wildstar
Deadly - Post: 1283 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Sneaky

I really can't say just how badly Red5 has mangled this game...

What used to be fun is now just an enormous treadmill. It speaks volumes that the default salvage method takes ~10-15 seconds per transaction and requires multiple clicks/acknowlegements, and Salvager (a player written mod) can process one item every 1-2s, no clicking required.

Research costs are ridiculous, the AOE bug means using my mammoth for close quarters (where I live) is impossible as I kill myself in 10-15 seconds. Movement is slow, UI is broken for multiple monitors (again), and to top it all off, to progress most of my frames I have to go to a couple of pockets rather than roam NE causing mayhem...

Yay...

If you need spots in the army, kick me out (Stabbitha or Saviourself, I can't recall right now) as I doubt I'll bother logging in much anymore.

Asmodai aka Saviourself aka Stabbitha aka Azshadoria... or Azsh... Azshaz?
Asmodai is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th February 2014, 09:05 AM   #10 (permalink)
Diplomat MechWarrior

Getting any higher q resources is a pain as they only spawn 1-3 nodes in Antarctica.

Update slowed decay rate on gear - we were getting decay on taking damage.

Thumping significantly easier re mobs spawning on Personal Thumpers.

Going to need a lot bigger end game area if these mechanics are to work.