Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms > Free to grind

Free to grind Discuss Free MMO's here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th November 2009, 08:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 545

Chatty

Sword Of The New World, Granado Espada
I remember when this game first came out i was so psyched for it and played it non stop for the 5 day trial and then it became pay but now its free again

The world of Granado Espada takes place on a newly discovered continent based on the Americas during the Age of Exploration. The world is divided into different maps and grouped into themed regions such as forests, tropical jungles, plains, swamps, deserts and ice fields to name a few.
The continent, currently under the control of the fictional Kingdom of Vespanola, is in a crisis due to negligence by the home nation due to War in the old world. On the continent itself, internal strife has arised from the feud between the Royalists, and the Republicans campaigning for independence. Therefore, the Vespanolan Queen has ordered a Reconquista of the continent by attracting people from the old world to settle there. The player takes the role as a pioneering family from the old world, eager to explore the continent and eliminate elements that will threaten the survival of its people. Thats the setting of the game. You have a "family" of which can have different characters of different classes thats all fairly normal BUT WAIT! The thing is you control 3 character AT THE SAME TIME nyah back then it was pretty original for an MMORPG.
Population: On certain servers it can be densely populated but other times you wont see people for ages.
Quality: Amazing graphics, good fighting system with the 3 people, quests are a bit stale and theres no way to go off the beaten track because the map is split into parts so you always got a barrier around the area your in...and then several exits to choose from.

Old 12th November 2009, 03:52 PM   #12 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1076

Happy

That sounds great, wouldn't mind testing Sword of the New World. Can players still group with a friend with the system of three characters or is it mainly for solo playing ?

Free to grind |GW2 (Malicia Mangora-Caelifera Chimera-Narika Noratu)
Thank you Coneman for the sig

Ariya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2009, 05:10 PM   #13 (permalink)

Chatty

yeah they can i teamed up with my mate and my bro so their was like 9 characters running around killing things
Old 19th November 2009, 06:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Happy

Rohan Online by YNK

Rohan is one of the better PVP oriented F2P mmo's. Guilds can participate daily in small townwars and there's a big war in the weekend to gain the ownership over a town for a week. Guilds usually fight together with another guild, who they can add as a permanent ally. By using the revenge system players can track the last people who killed them and teleport to them to get some sweet revenge. The races in this game are awesome. Each race is tied to a class. The Dhan race, who uses dual blades and has high attack speed can chose between assassin mode and normal mode. In assassin mode their name is not displayed and they can get exp from player killing.
R.O.H.A.N.: Blood Feud

Population : go for the first server, the servers at the bottom are sort of deserted
Quality : It's a great game but the exp rate is very low. Best thing is to earn a bit of money ingame and trade that legally ingame for item mall cash. Then get yourself a lot of exp x 2 scrolls. What I liked the best on rohan were the classes. An archer that has area over effect skills was the class I absolutely had to test. Playing a priest on rohan is quit a challenge when you have to keep a group alive that's killing elite mobs.

Silkroad online by Joymax

The storyline in this game is based on the silkroads to China who were used for trade. Silkroad has great graphics and a unique class system : at lvl 20 players chose between becoming trader, hunter or thief. Traders travel from one city to another with their merchandise. Hunters travel along with the traders to keep the traders safe, and hunt the thiefs if they get into trouble. Thiefs rob the traders and are hunted by player hunters and npc hunters.
The game originally only had the chinese part of the game but later on they added a European side too. Players can decide on which side they will start but at higher level players from the two regions eventually go to maps for both Europeans and Chinese characters.
JOYMAX.COM - Global Hub of Fun :: SilkroadOnline

Population : This is the bad part. There are a whole lot of servers but they are almost constantly exceeded. Being able to log in without going to a whole lot of trouble on silkroad means buying a scroll from their item mall. This gives you a means to log in even if everything is exceeded.
Quality : If it weren't for the bots who cause the overpopulation of the servers and the log in problem I would say this is one of the best f2p games out there. It's still high on my list of favorites though... I'll probably play it again but only with the item mall option, which gives you exp x2 scrolls and some other useful stuff too by the way.

Old 26th November 2009, 12:47 AM   #15 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Happy

Some first impression video's made by Massively.com about the upcoming f2p MMO Allods online that has just finished it's first closed beta.

Old 30th November 2009, 09:47 AM   #16 (permalink)

Chatty

Now for some games a little different

Navy Field
Navy Field
is a MMO simulating naval combat during World War 2. There are many different ships and classes to choose from and its a very well created game...not really like a free roaming MMO it does take alot of skill and time to get used to everything..(i have played this game many times and still struggle to figure things out) each ship is different and each country has different ships available aswell as weapons, sailors etc.
Population : The game is extremely populated at times in certain areas..which are easily accessed as soon as you leave the dock. their arent as many games but their are alot of people
Quality : with the ability to have over 126 ships in one game each one being controlled by an actual person ranging from the little frigates up to aircraft carriers and Battleships..this is a really good game...but unless you no life this game for ages you wont get very far unless you actually opt out and get a subscription deal for something like $13..even then unless you know what your doing it will still take ages.
Old 30th November 2009, 10:14 AM   #17 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2124

Breezy

Something to note about Navy Field is you are restricted to a very low resolution. So if like me you have a 24" LCD it can be quite annoying.
r8response is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 11:32 AM   #18 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25530

Amused

Reminds me of that NASA game in the works, not sure if its a Freemmo or not.

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2009, 02:59 PM   #19 (permalink)

Chatty

well seeing as i have peoples attention lol...another boating MMO to say the least

Voyage Century Online
It is set in 17th century Earth and features accurate historical representations of several coastal cities. Players are not required to choose a career path at the beginning of the game. This gives players a rather varied gameplay in which you can either specialize in one skill and trade for resources, or make use of all the skills. The game is really full on with amazing battles including both on sea and land. I will leave the rest to their website..In Voyage Century, you will experience the shocking action of hundreds of warships slugging it out in real time! The beautiful graphics and perfect ocean waves represent the grand scenes of sea battle and bring you extraordinary experience, imagine you are standing on the deck or a grand warship,you can smell the gun smoke and feel the ship rocking as it fires salvo after salvo at the enemy . The combat tactics are all up to you! You can sit back and pound the enemy from afar with your grand cannons or get in close and try to board the enemy's ship for close combat action. Just like in real life,battles between countries, guilds and parties may just break out at any moment.
Population : Their are alot of players online doing farming, selling, sailing..and theirs basically people everywhere..if your in a guild or anything you can team up in battles to make fights to capture enemy buildings and other guilds stuff easier...i remember me and my mate teaming up with 2 other people to raid a pirate infested island...it was us 4 take on 12 ships..we couldnt win so we rushed the island and fought on the land.
Quality : Stunning graphics, tonnes of people and boats and weapons and plans for different boats. Alot of hidden things and ways to gain experience it is a truly amazing MMO...only wierd thing i couldnt understand is that your beggining armour was like the strongest armour you can have till like level 20...and theirs quite a few glitchs and stuff..but overall...a trully good game.
Old 30th November 2009, 04:40 PM   #20 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain

Happy

The only mmo I've tested that is partly a boating mmo is Florensia online. That game looked appealing to me because the graphic style is anime like and the thought of having your own boat seems fun. These games you reviewed seem a lot better though.
I didn't give Florensia the full test because I was on this dreadfull French server. The worldchat is free on this mmo (on a lot of free mmo's you need to buy an item with real money from the mall to be able to speak on worldchat) and it got spammed all the time by punks, which got on my nerves after a while. I did find the boating part really challenging though, so maybe I'll try one of your games instead !