Allods Online – Currently in Closed Beta
First person 3D MMO
Good starting tutorial, with not much new to learn after that.
Crafting is not a major part of the game.
PvE. No PvP until higher levels.
: A lot of annoying chatter dulls the roleplaying experience.
Quests are vital. Leveling through combat is very slow.
6/10. Often brought back to reality by some annoyances of the game. Needing to drop loot, chatter from players, and falling off the edge of the world.
9/10. Very nice, a mix of fantasy / sci fi / anime. Some great visuals
7/10. Long ferocious fights. Combat quickly becomes button mashing.
9/10. A well thought out but linear storyline. Some original quests.
9/10. Game runs smoothly with minimal lag.
Value for Money:
7/10. Free but may well need to purchase a larger backpack.
7.5/10 for the Closed Beta. Very well made conversion of the Russian game.
The final release could be 8.5/10 with some minor fixes.
Adventurers may choose between two factions, the League and the Empire, with six races and twenty-eight character classes! Allods Online features a deep storyline, extensive questing, intense player-versus-player combat, grand exploration, in-depth character development and plenty of social interaction. In the Astral, players will have the chance to put their wits and brawn to the test in larger-than-life Astral battles, the game’s giant fights between competing ‘Astral ships’ manned by multiple players.
- A lot of work has gone onto creating a really unique experience.
- Very nice visuals and animated monsters really put up a fight.
- Enjoyable gameplay, with ferocious fighting.
- Server is full of players but still runs well.
- Plenty of Environment to explore.
- Lots of players roaming about. Start up a party easily.
- Tough boss fights. Quests are closely linked.
- The mix of Fantasy and Sci Fi gives starting players two different game experiences.
- Attack combos increase damage.
- Interesting fatigue system.
- No Auto attack means continuously pressing keys.
- Not much crafting. Loot drops have little use unless on a quest.
- Too much kiddie chatter on chat.
- How to do some things are not well explained.
- Some camera angles can be wrong.
- Leveling is slow. Low experience for combat.
- Combat is long for even basic creatures.
- Elves with Fairy wings! Wings are cosmetic and not functional at all.
- Very limited storage. Continuously dropping items is annoying.
- Not many places to sell items.
- Some screens still have Russian content, but more are fixed each day.
Free to Play, with serious players purchasing extra storage.