The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Free to grind (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/free-grind/)
-   -   Review: League of Legends (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/free-grind/277411-review-league-legends.html)

theZee 30th December 2009 01:18 PM

Review: League of Legends

Name: League of Legends
Genre: Fantasy
Style: RTS
Combat Style: Fast paced, Auto-attack with abilities
Learning Curve: Balanced-Complex
Crafting: N/A
PVP: Forced
Role-Playing: Voluntary - but I doubt you'd have time to do it and your team would have kittens if you did.
Leveling style: Level based and Skill based
Server Pop: N/A
Stability: Very stable, can be played even with high ping - not sure about server location, but I average around 200ms.

Immersion: 5/10
Graphic Quality: 6/10
Sound Quality: 7/10
Content Quality: 8/10
Overall Rating: 8/10

Brief Description: League of Legends is a competitive online game set in a fantasy world. You, take the role of a summoner, calling forth and controlling a champion in 5v5 PVP battles. League of Legends combines the best elements of session-based games with persistent elements of MMORPG's and RTS. You gain experience to level as a summoner, and points that allow you to purchase new champions.

Pros:
  • Wide variety of champions
  • You can buy champions using points earned from playing games, or you can purchase game points via PayPal, game cards etc
  • Content is added on a regular basis.
  • Patches are frequent and any issues are quickly fixed.
  • 10 free champions available, and they are rotated every 2 weeks or so.
  • The losing team can surrender after 25mins of gameplay.
Cons:
  • Some people tend to be very harsh in dealing with newbies.
  • Experience and points are very hard to come by - average about 150 per game, and each game takes about 1hr.
  • Only one arena to fight in.
  • pre-made groups are a must if you want to win more often than lose.

Other Comments: Very addictive and extremely enjoyable if played with friends.

Payment options: Microtransactions/Free
Download Size: 500MB for the main installer, plus another 500MB or so in updates.

Ariya 31st December 2009 07:46 AM

I've never played it, but it seems like an original pvp game ! I like the fact that you summon champions to fight for you. The fact that you can buy champions with both ingame points and with real money in the item shop is also nice.
The pvp battles take an hour though, that seems very long. But maybe that's because I'm not all that much into pvp.

theZee 31st December 2009 11:18 AM

The option to buy champs with ingame points is great, definitely, you can also purchase most other stuff using the same points.

The battles average about 1hr, although most times they end after about 30mins. After 25mins, you can choose to surrender and take a team vote for it, but not prior to that.