Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms > Free to grind

Free to grind Discuss Free MMO's here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 22nd January 2010, 01:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Average - Post: 236

Default PC GAMER Big book of free online games

Hi all,

I came across this magazine in a newsagent and their are some really weird one's out there, but to the reason why I'm posting is:

Has anyone come across these mmo's and whether they would be worth downloading and playing?.

1. Shin megami Tensei : Imagine. ( looks interesting)
megaten.aeriagames.com

2. Shaiya: Light and darkness.
shaiya.aeriagames.com

3. Holic
holic.netgame.com

4. fiesta online
fiesta.outspark.com

5. Sword of the new world: Granado espada ( Was offered as monthly subscription but now is free so the mag said )
swordofthenewworld.com

6. Cabal online
cabalonline.com

Thanks.
rokaan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 22nd January 2010, 04:03 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1073

Happy

I posted a review on fiesta online in the free to play review and discussion thread a while ago.

I played Cabal online for a while. It's a nice game with a special combo skill system, that I found kind off hard to master myself. A friend of mine, who played this game for a long time, and who is more pro at it then I am says the quality of the game went downhill because the economy in game is ruined.

Haven't played Shaiya yet, but I heard good things about it, and hope to test it in the future.

Holic is a game I will be posting a template about soon, I will give you the correct link to this game, because the old game client called Holic doesn't exist anymore. They improved the game a lot since the old days, and it is out in open beta now under the name of Cloud Nine. My daughters and I are playing this game and are having fun, we tend to like anime mmo's, and this one has a lot of funny features.

http://cloudnine.netgame.com/

Free to grind |GW2 (Malicia Mangora-Caelifera Chimera-Narika Noratu)
Thank you Coneman for the sig

Ariya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2010, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4145

I have played Shaiya, however it still has click to move which I find annoying, I guess as it is a slightly older game now. It is bearable though. I wouldn't mind if I could turn it off and just use WASD controls on my G13. I also set the game.exe file in nvidia control panel to give me some Ant-aliasing, makes it a whole not nicer Lialah Server is where I just started a couple of new characters tonight actually, Xahla (Ranger) and Xahl (I forget), as I thought I'd give it another go for a while seeing as Aion is a rifting gankfest that my casualness doesn't like

Last edited by Snott; 26th January 2010 at 10:24 AM. Reason: name changes
Snott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2010, 02:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 2

I am an avid player of pay to play MMOs. I want to know more about free MMOs. Thanks for this post because I will be able to check out some of these other games. I appreciate it!
Old 24th January 2010, 03:06 PM   #5 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5113

Amused

Also, if you haven't tried Runes of Magic yet it is certainly worth a look. We are getting a good sized player base on Govinda server.
Old 24th January 2010, 04:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1073

Happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by slessman View Post
I am an avid player of pay to play MMOs. I want to know more about free MMOs. Thanks for this post because I will be able to check out some of these other games. I appreciate it!
You can find a lot more F2P reviews in the free to play review and discussion thread. My advise is : try a few different ones. I hope you will be as pleasantly surprised as a lot of us were when we started our journey through the F2P mmo's.

Free to grind |GW2 (Malicia Mangora-Caelifera Chimera-Narika Noratu)
Thank you Coneman for the sig

Ariya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th January 2010, 02:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2645

I played Sword of the New World for a short time. It was a fun game to play, but, by the time you have a hour into it, you need to use cash Shop Items. When I first started playing it, you did not.
What I liked about the game is you control 3 different characters at the same time. you can have over 40 characters in your Quarters, actually more then that., and select the 3 you want to play. ( I think it is 54 characters, and future patch was going to open more)
I will not get into details about the game, or what happen that made me no longer want to play.
Iíll just say it was a good and fun game to play, just you need to spend $ at the Git-go now to fully enjoy what it has to offer

I have also played Cabal, but forgot why I stopped playing, I think it had too many gold sellers and Bots in the game, was why I uninstalled Cabal. Been a while since I was there
AoC - Daxaat , Chanaakat, Xaatbear
Anarcy Online - about 4 dozen characters
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo

Imfir is offline   Reply With Quote