Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms > Free to grind

Free to grind Discuss Free MMO's here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 4th February 2010, 08:51 AM   #11 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2645

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenriDeacon View Post
Will my character be wiped at the conclusion of the Closed Beta process?
Yes, all characters will be wiped at the end of the final Closed Beta.

Will characters I create in Open Beta be wiped?
No. All characters created in Open Beta will NOT be wiped.
not sure why you posted that, but if it was to let me know there will be a Wipe, I already know, I threw in the word "IF" cause they could change their mind. without noticed. Anything could happen.

I for one would welcome a wipe because some bugs caused me not able to complete a quest, that is a world mystery quest, but only if that bug has been fixed.
the latest version they added last Thursday, has a bunch more bugs, tho it fix some but created a ton more.
currently to rid the bug you would have to log off and on, kinda a inconvenience, annoying one at that , but I been able to just zone out of map then zone back in, that works too, but if your in a spot where you have to run through a gauntlet of mobs to get back, it would be best to just relog
there are a lot of typos still, but that does not interfere with game play, just could add a little confusion, or cause you (the player) to make a wrong choice trying to second guess what the typo meant.
still a lot of falling in holes on maps, some in key paths that you need to reach to complete quest., and that is just a tiny minuet of what bugs that are there.

this game is far from ready for Open Beta, I could see see a patch fixing and then running a short 5 day test on the fix , if the fixes are there, then go into OBT,
But, this is the strangest Closed beta testing I have done, it just appears to be a Limited Open Beta, not a Closed Beta testing I am used to, there really is no reason for a wipe

It's just going to cause a over crowded mad house at the starting areas, the maps are way to small to support more then 2 parties, doing the same thing
AoC - Daxaat , Chanaakat, Xaatbear
Anarcy Online - about 4 dozen characters
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo

Imfir is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10th February 2010, 01:12 AM   #12 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 524

Cheeky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imfir View Post
It's just going to cause a over crowded mad house at the starting areas, the maps are way to small to support more then 2 parties, doing the same thing

I was imagining the horror of OB first day and trying to get those damn leaves for rep gear. LOL..oh my it will be insane

First days in any game are a mad house and hopefully it wont be too bad. we shall see.

Archeage
Elithawyn
Elithawyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2010, 10:52 AM   #13 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5113

Amused

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imfir View Post
not sure why you posted that, but if it was to let me know there will be a Wipe, I already know, I threw in the word "IF" cause they could change their mind. without noticed. Anything could happen.
I just post up a lot of general info for the benefit of all our F2P members. Was not intended to be directed at you Imfir.
HenriDeacon is offline   Reply With Quote