Old 13th February 2011, 02:35 PM   #111 (permalink)
Average - Post: 127

I've been spending a bit of time grinding favor lately, passing time until the Rift headstart. My main character is on khyber, but I've been getting some favor bonuses out of the way on the other servers. (Trying to decide if I want to buy Veteran status or a couple of adventure packs with the points I've been accumulating)

Old 14th February 2011, 04:15 PM   #112 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2666

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiwiRed View Post
I've been spending a bit of time grinding favor lately, passing time until the Rift headstart. My main character is on khyber, but I've been getting some favor bonuses out of the way on the other servers. (Trying to decide if I want to buy Veteran status or a couple of adventure packs with the points I've been accumulating)
Vet status helps a lot for Favor farming for TP.
If your just planing to visit DDO every once in a while, then I would suggest the Adventure packs and just unlock vet status on your favorite sever with 1000 Favor

Remember the more adventure packs you own, is more Favor you can earn towards such things like Vet status [1000] and Champion [1750] (which unlocks 32 point builds and gets you one +2 tome)

Not sure if you own any adventure packs or what level your at. So if your still low level, then you might want to consider Delera's Tome and VON (Vault of Night), if your reaching mid level then may I suggest VON and GH (GiantHold).
From what I understand if you can , that the must have adventure Packs would be VON, GH, and Vail, Those three gets even a first TR to level 20 without issues.

Myself I'm into DDO to enjoy at my snail pace. not only do I stop and smell the roses, I also pluck the pedals, watch the grass grow around them, I'm in no rush to cap level , and I liked Catacombs, and TangleRoot. Right now I only own Vet status, Catacombs,Delera's, and VON, oh and Shared Bank but I still want to get GH, Tangleroot, and Vail of Twlight. I kinda want to get Tangleroot now. I like Tangleroot because it helps me level up without any stress. I also would not mind Sarrowdusk, it's just another wilderness I like, but I'll no doubt get GH before I will get Sarrowdusk.

there are just 2 other things on my wish list to purchase, Half-Orc and 32pt build

I should be grinding for favor for more TP, so it's ready if any of those items go on sale
AoC - Daxaat , Chanaakat, Xaatbear
Anarcy Online - about 4 dozen characters
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo

Imfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th February 2011, 11:41 PM   #113 (permalink)
Average - Post: 127

I ended up spending my points on Tangleroot (while it was still on special) and Shan-to-Kor - Delara's Tomb is fairly high on my list to get next, but I'll probably buy some more points and wait for it to show up on special again. Spent a bit of time today trying out a soloing cleric/paladin build on Sarlona, but I'm thinking of trying out a rogue/cleric build that I came across on the official forums (I just can't get enough of finding secret doors, unlocking doors and disabling devices).

I own Catacombs (finally got around to trying it over the weekend, and have run through it on normal once so far) and 32-point builds (always nice to have that extra flexibility). Considering my highest level character after all my time playing is around level 5, I'm not in that much of a rush.
Old 15th February 2011, 04:22 PM   #114 (permalink)

okay, back on for enough time to edit this double post
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo

Last edited by Imfir; 15th February 2011 at 04:37 PM. Reason: dang connection issues due to storm caused me to double post
Old 15th February 2011, 04:24 PM   #115 (permalink)

you'll either like or not like Tangle root, same thing can be said about Catacombs.

I like catacombs, for me it is a easy 66 silver flame favor, and depending what your build uses, the rewards are worth it. Unfortunately unless I was to buy any of the necro adventure packs, I'll never reach the 75 favor with silver flame. I think I read that one has to own all the adventure packs that have Silverflame favor to reach the 400 favor and you have to had done them all on elite .
Tangleroot same thing, but my bard may not be able to solo elite, still even if i did just on Hard, that is 66 House Phiarlan favor, elite would be 99 which is enough to be able to get the 30 minute buffs from House Phiarlan (only need 75 favor for that)

I have earned all the favor I want for Coin lords, the reward for 400 Favor with them does nothing for any character i have, STK (Shan-to-Kor) I would get, but it's not a priority, I don't need the Favor from it, nor any of the end rewards, the EXP is good at level, and that is a very enjoyable Adventure pack.

even tho one could start Delera's at lvl 5, you more in less want to be level 7, same thing can be said about VON, you can enter at lvl 6, but maybe the earliest one may want to go there is lvl 8, been told go there at 10 if with a bunch of unknown players, but if your in a good group and every one knows what needs to be done, level 6 is possible but best to start VON at lvl 7

Khyber my highest is level 8, but they're build was designed for the Static group I was in, that's not there any more. So I no longer play on Khyber, but maybe once in a while, a few hours here and there a month. in 2 guilds, Sad Wings of Destiny - Khyber- and Strangers With Candy - Khyber-
Orien is my Home now, highest level is 7 (Bard Spellsinger) 4 Ranger/Rogue, 4 Rogue, and two 5 Fighter/Rogue . One of the Fig/Rog's are going to be rerolled and going to start a Cleric. Just in the guild I started Dark City Runners - Orien-
Sarlona I also have a guild there, I venture there too, about as often as I do Khyber Dark City Runners - Sarlona-
Cannith I'm in 2 guilds there, my own for when if I decide I need a break from the other servers Dark City Runners - Cannith- and a Favor farming guild The Cannith Favor Farmers - Cannith-
Ghallanda is the only server I am Guildless in , I do have Dark City Runners also in Argonnessen and Thelanis

yeah , not sure I like the idea of splashing Rogue anymoreafter level 8 (only been higher the lvl 8 on the preview server Lamannia) I find I am in a party with someone that has the skills. if your never soloing, there is no reason for those skills, wish I was rich, because I always solo to level 6, after that, the whole reason I took Rogue becomes pointless, so if I was rich I would just buy some lessor hearts and remove
rogue and go pure.

Rogue/Cleric , hmm, not sure I would go that route, I mean the Cleric skills are Wisdom, Charisma, and the Rogue is Dex, Int, kinda spreading yourself with that multi-class, seems gear intense and Tome dependent at the get-go, but sounds interesting
my Bard has been my first to level 7 that is pure, made it there 100% soloing w/hireling (for heals) Has no skills for traps or locks. heck his Search skill, is -1, tho I did put a point into Spot to make it an even 0 his Int is too low even with Fox cunning to use the Runes in WW, and many of the other areas, and he had no problems doing quest without the ability to do traps, tho he has missed out on some optionals and treasures because no way to unlock (Open locks).

I would have stopped typing in this replay a while ago, but I lost my connection, just waiting for that lil light to come back on, I am guessing snow is interfering with the satellite connection so just want to apologize for such a lengthy reply, it was this or Spider solitaire till the connection has reestablished
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo

Old 10th March 2011, 04:48 PM   #116 (permalink)

yay, got my guild to 12 (On Orien) just 8 more levels before I get shocked with, "Ahh damn I can't afford a Airship"
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo

Old 14th June 2011, 03:57 AM   #117 (permalink)

if you come to Orien, my characters there are Saak , Deuteron , a couple others others.
Guild is only level 13, now . . so no ship ,
There is one other in the guild I never talked to, I had invited someone to the guild, since they was looking for one, after a while I promoted them, and seems they invited a couple others, but when I check, only one of them has logged in, and I never met them. so in a way there are 3 in the guild one that shows up a day or 2 once every 3 months, and this unknown player that logs in every once in a while.
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo

Old 14th June 2011, 10:14 AM   #118 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 2836

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imfir View Post
what size is the down load of this game ?
I might give it a try, if Allods new patch next week makes me wanna not play Allods anymore

Edited:
Well you don't need to answer that now, I went ahead and signed up and got my answer, may be a day or two before I down load it, Just prepping myself for another free to play game
High Rez is actually closer to 6Gb (even though the link only say 3.8Gb).
Stuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2011, 08:16 AM   #119 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
ArcheAge
Competent - Post: 374

Yeehaw

Playing ddo atm and loving it have missed rpg in mmos. lately is there a good guild for us on Khyber don't mind if its casual

Last edited by Kodachi; 20th June 2011 at 08:18 AM.
Kodachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2011, 12:41 PM   #120 (permalink)

there is a couple guilds on Khyber, but last I checked the 2 I know of I haven't seen any activity on either. I belive there are one or 2 other guilds that Have TOG members in them but I do not recall their names nor could I invite you to the Unknown ones.
it might be best to find a good group and join theirs unless you don't mind being a lone active member in a Guild.
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo