Old 4th July 2010, 03:48 AM   #21 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Elite - Post: 3231

Fine

Well, I see a few folks seem to be interested and are getting in the game now and then.

It's hard to tell what server to get on and whether to join a non TOG guild and, if so, which one.

I guess there's not enough of us being active enough to have much of a real TOG presence going on.

Please correct me, If I'm wrong. I wouldn't mind getting a regular-ish group together somewhere.

Last edited by Lendal; 4th July 2010 at 03:52 AM.
Lendal is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4th July 2010, 04:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 79

I just picked it up myself. I'm on Argonnessen but will be glad to have a character on Ghallanda if everyone is putting together a group/guild.
SoulBlythe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 10:14 AM   #23 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 17

I have a couple of low-level characters on Sarlona. I would dearly love to find or found a small group of players who have not yet experienced the majority of the game and share (or are willing to try) my discovery vs spoilers philosophy. See my post here for details. Doesn't have to be on Sarlona, I'm ok with making new characters too.

Esteem'd Regards,

Aaron
sangretu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 11:34 AM   #24 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Lord of the Rings
Elite - Post: 2979 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangretu View Post
I have a couple of low-level characters on Sarlona. I would dearly love to find or found a small group of players who have not yet experienced the majority of the game and share (or are willing to try) my discovery vs spoilers philosophy. See my post here for details. Doesn't have to be on Sarlona, I'm ok with making new characters too.

Esteem'd Regards,

Aaron
Forgive my blatant attempt at recruiting for another division, but there is a large and thriving TOG community over in Lord of the Rings Online. Many of us share your philosophy and like to enjoy the content the way it was written. We have many players at end-game (if there is such a thing) and plenty of lowbies, newbies and alts always levelling up.

And with LOTRO going free-2-play soon, now would be a good time to subscribe and start building up your Turbine points...

There are 2 kinships - The Osgiliath Guard for US/Oceanic servers, and The Order of Gilthoniel on the EU servers. Character registration threads are in the main LOTRO forum.

Once again, sorry for the blatant recruiting drive but you know you want to do it - the Ring is calling...
Osdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 11:36 AM   #25 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Lord of the Rings
Elite - Post: 2979 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Relaxed

Quote:
Originally Posted by The DCG View Post
LOTRO- One might be interested in that... Except that to play a female dwarf I'd have to be the bearded lady. Ick.
Sorry - dwarves are the only race where you can't roll a female character. Not that you'd be able to tell the difference
Osdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th July 2010, 11:45 AM   #26 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Elite - Post: 3231

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangretu View Post

Esteem'd Regards,

Aaron
Sounds like fun, Sangretu. If we can agree on a regular time to meet up and a server to meet on, we can try and get a group together. I'm very willing to create a new character for this and it wouldn't matter what server.

I live in the US pacific time zone and am retired so don't need to play only in the evenings. Although playing during Aussie prime time during the week probably wouldn't work for me.

Reasonable hours for both Aussie and US players really only occur together a couple of times during the weekends. That's assuming that folks are usually working a regular day shift job.

It would be ideal if we could get two groups together, one US and the other Aussie. Then we could get both groups together once or twice on the weekends.

So, let's see who's interested. Everyone please post here with the times you can play and what server you'd suggest and we'll see what we can get together.
Lendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 02:08 AM   #27 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
So, let's see who's interested. Everyone please post here with the times you can play and what server you'd suggest and we'll see what we can get together.
I'm on Eastern time (GMT -5), and unemployed at the moment so while my current schedule is wide open, it's likely to change in the near future. I have a mild preference for Sarlona server, but would be happy on any of them.

My primary interest is in getting a small group of players together who have not gotten very far in the game, and agreeing to experience new content together without researching it first, so we can figure things out as we go. I ran a WoW guild with the same theme for a while, and it worked quite well
sangretu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2010, 09:46 AM   #28 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4148

I have a level 2 charcater on khyber (or whatever its called) but got bored easily... I could be interested in a group on a server. I'm UTC+12 (NZ) however, so makes it hard potentially. I am waiting till I have net at new house also.

Snott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2010, 05:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
World of Warcraft
Deadly - Post: 1742

Found an unopened copy of DDO lying around in my room..
Found my DvD drive is dead..
Found my old account seems to be dead (cant re-use the code tho)
Made a new account..
Downloading DDO..
Found new code (from above found game) doesn't do anything anyway.. (unless I pay) Shhhesh..
Got an hour wait for the download to finish..
Will make a new character in about an hour

Seem Kyber is the place to be..
Old 8th July 2010, 09:08 PM   #30 (permalink)
Average - Post: 127

My halfling barbarian-rogue (3/1, rank 17) is coming along nicely - any of you on Khyber are welcome to add Szerra to your friend list.