Old 9th July 2010, 06:05 AM   #31 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 17

Ok, let's make it Khyber then. I'll drop in and create a guild to keep things organized if you guys are all onboard for the idea. We can work out scheduling and other stuff as we go, eh?
sangretu is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9th July 2010, 06:22 AM   #32 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Elite - Post: 3237

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety View Post
There is a TOG guild on Kyber consisting mostly of just me I log in every now and then ...
Per the above, it appears that there's already a TOG guild on Kyber. I suspect it's not real active at the moment, though.

Is there any advantage to going with the older guild as opposed to creating a new one? I mean, for example, do guilds accumulate some kind of points or something over time that creates an advantage for the members?

If so, maybe we should wait for Rickety to get on and turn the guild leadership over to an active member. Or maybe he'll be active enough himself if there are a few more of us playing.

For now, lets just create our characters there on Kyber and post the character names here and the hours we're likely to be on and hope that Rickety gets on to do the guild invites for us.

I dunno yet if I want a Monk or a Wizard. They're both fun. I might end up having to flip a coin for that...
Lendal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 06:33 AM   #33 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 17

Well, there are guild banks and a new guild ranking system, so potentially, yes - there's a benefit to using the existing guild.

I've created Sangretu on Khyber, time to start playing catch-up, since all my other characters and equipment are on other servers...friend me if you're on!
sangretu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th July 2010, 07:09 AM   #34 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Fine

I created a paladin named Lendal.

I've never played a paladin and so decided to try one out.

-ps Forgot to mention that I'll be playing an odd mix of basically NA hours. Once in a while I'll probably even stay up late into the wee small hours to see if I can catch a few Aussie players on.

Last edited by Lendal; 9th July 2010 at 11:08 AM.
Old 9th July 2010, 10:07 AM   #35 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
World of Warcraft
Deadly - Post: 1744

Cleric named Cindax
Old 9th July 2010, 07:37 PM   #36 (permalink)
Administrator
MMO Division Admin
All Knowing - Post: 17300

Let me know when you guys come on regularly and I'll see if I can be on at that time!
Old 10th July 2010, 12:37 AM   #37 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2653

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imfir View Post
I might give it a try, if Allods new patch next week makes me wanna not play Allods anymore
okay not too pleased with Allods direction, so just need to wait on some more bandwidth to become available , which should be around the 22nd of this month, so in 2 weeks I should be checking this out
I might try and down load it sooner just need to wait and see, but it still looks like the 22nd will be the safest of me not to go beyond my usage, and have my connection slowed down.

I had a lil talk with Belark, earlier, he has already downloaded, and started playing DDO today.
I just have to wait.
I know Lotro has caught my attention, seeing it will be going F2P, but I kinda want a change now from Allods.
The only other game I might try out is AoC, if I can find a download for it and the size. Have an old friend playing that one I would like to play with again. but not sure of the game size of yet.
So see ya in 2 weeks
AoC - Daxaat , Chanaakat, Xaatbear
Anarcy Online - about 4 dozen characters
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo

Last edited by Imfir; 10th July 2010 at 12:46 AM.
Imfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 01:51 AM   #38 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Fine

Imfir, is your ISP metering and throttling your bandwidth with some sort of monthly limit, etc.? That's pretty common in Australia but I noticed that you appear to be from Medford, OR.

What gives? We now have ISP's' in the US who are metering and limiting bandwidth? Man, I sure hope that idea doesn't start spreading.
Old 10th July 2010, 05:01 AM   #39 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindax View Post
Found an unopened copy of DDO lying around in my room..
Found my DvD drive is dead..
Found my old account seems to be dead (cant re-use the code tho)
Made a new account..
Downloading DDO..
Found new code (from above found game) doesn't do anything anyway.. (unless I pay) Shhhesh..
Got an hour wait for the download to finish..
Will make a new character in about an hour

Seem Kyber is the place to be..
I would assume with an unopened copy of DDO you could create a new account and get 30 days VIP access without paying anything. It will ask for your credit card info but you can cancel before your 30 days is up so it doesn't bill you. I'd probably go that route since you'd be a Premium level player automatically after you cancel. Just don't make a monk or warforge character though or you'll have to pay to unlock them when you drop VIP.
Old 10th July 2010, 05:04 AM   #40 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 87

Relaxed

Playing a paladin (2) named Bruinn if I could get an invite please?
Bruin is offline   Reply With Quote