Old 10th July 2010, 12:52 PM   #41 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 92

Default Server ?

Is Kyber the server to join for Toggers? I just want to be sure before I buy a Dark elf.

Last edited by DeWe; 10th July 2010 at 01:02 PM.
DeWe is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10th July 2010, 01:01 PM   #42 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
Elite - Post: 3231

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWe View Post
Is Kyber the server to join for Toggers. I just want to be sure before I buy a Dark elf.
It would appear that Kyber is where most of us are starting up characters right now.

Some of us have characters on other servers too but, since we're all just starting out on Kyber, there's no reason everyone can't join in with us while we're all low level.

We need to be better about posting our character names here so that we can all meet up. My paladin's name is 'Lendal'.

Lendal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 01:22 PM   #43 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 17

I'm not sure if we're going to end up using it or another one, but I created a guild and would be happy to invite anyone who's interested. For the record, I ran an end-game raiding guild in WoW, so I'm not new to such things

Server : Khyber
Character : Sangretu
Guild : Strangers with candy
sangretu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th July 2010, 09:59 PM   #44 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2645

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lendal View Post
Imfir, is your ISP metering and throttling your bandwidth with some sort of monthly limit, etc.? That's pretty common in Australia but I noticed that you appear to be from Medford, OR.

What gives? We now have ISP's' in the US who are metering and limiting bandwidth? Man, I sure hope that idea doesn't start spreading.
I am in and out of Medford, and where I am now, it is a 19k dial up(and that's on a good day), or using Satellite, So I am using Sat, and they have limit's, so I don't know why they call it unlimited
AoC - Daxaat , Chanaakat, Xaatbear
Anarcy Online - about 4 dozen characters
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo

Imfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 01:34 AM   #45 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imfir View Post
I am in and out of Medford, and where I am now, it is a 19k dial up(and that's on a good day), or using Satellite, So I am using Sat, and they have limit's, so I don't know why they call it unlimited
Ah, I see. Satellite service is one of those things that I know absolutely nothing about. At first it seemed like a wonderful leap forward in technology and it just seemed like it would be of tremendous benefit to those of us whose hobbies were dependent on telecom links.

Then, you started hearing things about the signal lag (latency? whatever...). With the signal having to travel all the way up to the satellites and all the way back again, etc. And then there were rumblings about the cost of it being too expensive, etc. Now there's bandwidth limits.

So much for the great leap forward. I guess it's a bit better than dial up, anyway. Maybe you should lay in a supply of cheap blank DVDs from someplace like Walmart or Costco and send them around to friends or family now and then when you need a couple gigs of something or other downloaded.

I'm just glad that NA ISPs haven't gotten around yet to commonly setting bandwidth limits for us. I sympathize with our Aussie friends who do have to put up with that.
Old 11th July 2010, 01:40 AM   #46 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangretu View Post
I'm not sure if we're going to end up using it or another one, but I created a guild and would be happy to invite anyone who's interested. For the record, I ran an end-game raiding guild in WoW, so I'm not new to such things

Server : Khyber
Character : Sangretu
Guild : Strangers with candy
That works for me, Sangretu. Frankly, I'm not seeing enough interest here in playing DDO on a regular basis that we would really be justified in spending a much effort to organize it.

Most of us are in the game only occasionally now. And then later, when FFXIV comes along, we'll be gone, anyway.

But, meanwhile, DDO is a nice little bit of fun.

Last edited by Lendal; 12th July 2010 at 02:09 AM.
Old 11th July 2010, 08:42 AM   #47 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 92

I have 2 toons on Khyber now..

Moonin -- Cleric or Bard, Can't remember
Moonya -- Bard or Cleric, Again can't remember

Moonpie -- Not in game
Moonwang -- Hanging out with Moonpie
DeWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th July 2010, 05:57 PM   #48 (permalink)
Administrator
MMO Division Admin
All Knowing - Post: 17213

I'd like to mention that there already is a TOG guild on Kyber (I'm the guild leader ). All I need is a time when players are on so I can give you folks an invite and set a few of you as officers.
Old 12th July 2010, 08:23 AM   #49 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 17

I don't think we're likely to get organized enough for everyone to get on at the same time. This is starting to look like a loosely knit coalition more than anything else
sangretu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 05:57 AM   #50 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2645

Well, things sure has changed since I last played D&D,
No Half Elf Race, Thieves are now called Rogues, Races I never heard of , like WTH is an Warforged ?
I do not think I can play this like I did when I played in on PnP, just going to treat it like a an new MMO game

Iím going to test ride a couple classes, maybe on a different server first before I make one on Khyber

I remember I had a forum account for DDO before they had CB, And decided to wait till release, but that never happened. Wonder if I can dig up that account name and PW, maybe I have some points . eh just wishful thinking there
AoC - Daxaat , Chanaakat, Xaatbear
Anarcy Online - about 4 dozen characters
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo

Imfir is offline   Reply With Quote