Old 28th May 2010, 09:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 418

Dead
Default Kingdom Heroes

Hey all,

I have been playing Kingdom Heroes in Closed beta for the last week or so and was wondering if anyone here been playing?

The game is set in ancient China during the 3 kingdoms era.

Kingdom Heroes - Free MMORPG at Aeria Games

I believe open beta kick off soon
Katanako is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 28th May 2010, 03:48 PM   #2 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4154

I actually have Closed Beta access, so I could do. I may have DL'd the client already, will check.

edit: nope mustn't have. Downloading now, might get on later tonight.

Last edited by Snott; 28th May 2010 at 03:52 PM.
Snott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th May 2010, 05:39 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1073

Happy

Please let me know what your closed beta impressions are, this looks really nice and remembers me of silkroad online. I love the chinese graphics and aeria games aren't that bad in general.

Free to grind |GW2 (Malicia Mangora-Caelifera Chimera-Narika Noratu)
Thank you Coneman for the sig

Ariya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:31 AM   #4 (permalink)

Dead

Close Beta has finished... so here goes.

There is so much to like about Kingdom Heroes it is hard to know where to start.
The game is a F2P released by Aeria Games other games include Shaiya, Last Chaos, Grand Fantasia (bloody addictive that one) and 12 Sky

It is based in ancient China and the factions are Wei, Shu, and Wu. After a brief tutorial you are asked to choose your faction. In Beta you could have characters across all factions, not to sure this will continue on release.

I guess the closest game mechanic wise that I have played would be Guild Wars.
The four available classes are all fun to play, class depends on the number of soldiers you are able to command.
Warrior: Close Range; 2 Soldiers (Tank)
Fencer: Mellee and Ranged; 4 Soldiers (MDPS & RDPS, can build for either or both)
Tactician: Healing and Buffs; 6 Soldiers (Healer)
Conjurer: Ranged AOE damage; 2 Soldiers (RDPS)

The quests were fairly easy to find and levelling wasn't a problem, although the game had increased levelling due to it being Beta.

I can't say what the high end game is like, but did level all 4 classes into their 20s (120 level cap) and never found it boring. Whenever you needed to raise the level of your soldier, find a nice patch of mobs, set them to Seek and Destroy and go and make a coffee, have dinner or do some housework while your troops auto level and you along with it. Bewarned though there are random spawning bosses that will wipe you out if you are not there to run from them.....

There were a few little bugs, but not as many as I expected, actually probaly a hell of lot less than any MMO I have paid to play over the last few years.

PvP exists, but I never managed to find it to low a level. And Battlegrounds weren't available during CB. I beleive this will be frantic with the amount of soldiers involved.

I didn't experience any latency issues which can be a problem with F2P when playing from Australia...... need to wait for OB or general release before judging.

The graphics are great and what you would expect from Aeria...... will be playing Open Beta when available.

Hopefully this helps
Old 3rd June 2010, 09:45 AM   #5 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 4154

I only got to low levels, through the tutorial and into where questing starts proper after choosing a faction.

Con:
    Minor detail and what I expected for a beta. Text was English, voices were not, though this is not a big deal as the environment is very Asian Themed anyway.
  • Graphics.
    A tad behind the times, and appears to use the same engine/UI Layout most Korean F2P MMO's use. I like my games to be pretty, this is a personal thing though I guess and doesn't affect game-play.

Pro:
  • Game Concept
    I love the idea behind this game! Controlling soldiers to do your bidding, and I imagine that mass scale PvP would be very hectic indeed!

To me the game design outweighs any negatives I listed, however I will not be playing it in the future as spare time is limited and I alrady commit myself to more games than I have time for! If I had the time however I'd be looking at this pretty hard

Last edited by Snott; 5th June 2010 at 10:42 AM.
Snott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5th June 2010, 08:45 AM   #6 (permalink)

Dead

Open Beta is up
I think the game is running a lot smoother than closed better
Jump in and have a play
Old 17th June 2010, 03:34 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1073

Happy

Thanks Katanako and Snott for giving us an idea what closed beta was like.
I like Asian themed graphics and the "guild wars" kind of gameplay.

Despite the fact that I really have no time for this, I really feel tempted to download it and test it.

Is there more then one server and if so, which one do you play on?

Free to grind |GW2 (Malicia Mangora-Caelifera Chimera-Narika Noratu)
Thank you Coneman for the sig

Ariya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th June 2010, 03:46 PM   #8 (permalink)

Dead

There is only one sever up at the moment...... I am in the Shu (Green?) faction