Old 2nd September 2010, 03:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Dangerous - Post: 701

Cheerful
Default Aika Online

Hey guys, I recently found a new F2P MMO called Aika Online. I believe the open beta has just started. Its published by the same people who published Allods Online and produced by Hanbitsoft.

gPotato Presents AIKA ONLINE - A Completely Free To Play Online Game!

I've only been playing a day, got my character to lvl 11 so I can start participating in some of the PvP.

This game seems to be a very PvP centric type of game, with lots of different forms of PvP world battles available for you to join. It also seems to have a large guild v guild system called Castle Sieges, which I'd love to try.

The only thing which I see as being a big turn off is the character customisation is very limited. Only 1 race (human) and only certain genders can be certain classes. Also at lvl 7 you get your own pet, which is like a fairy the follows you around and helps you in battle. I think its best to keep her voice volume down!!

So has anyone else had a try? Anyone want to form a TOG guild for this game? I'd be eager to get together with a few of you guys and tear it up.

Old 2nd September 2010, 08:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kess View Post
Hey guys, I recently found a new F2P MMO called Aika Online. I believe the open beta has just started. Its published by the same people who published Allods Online and produced by Hanbitsoft.

I've only been playing a day, got my character to lvl 11 so I can start participating in some of the PvP.

This game seems to be a very PvP centric type of game, with lots of different forms of PvP world battles available for you to join. It also seems to have a large guild v guild system called Castle Sieges, which I'd love to try.

The only thing which I see as being a big turn off is the character customisation is very limited. Only 1 race (human) and only certain genders can be certain classes. Also at lvl 7 you get your own pet, which is like a fairy the follows you around and helps you in battle. I think its best to keep her voice volume down!!

So has anyone else had a try? Anyone want to form a TOG guild for this game? I'd be eager to get together with a few of you guys and tear it up.
What's about its character customization? What's its difference to other game?
dontimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 06:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 91

I've been trying Aika some. I like it.

The Pran is an interesting twist on pets with the responses to her questions impacting her 'personality'. (Her dialogue being the big thing that changes.)

I've made it through one dungeon and the grouping was fun. We had a higher level with us so its hard to say from that experience how it all would've worked, but it was a good time.

The nation dynamics are the thing that would likely most attract people. I am not at a level to get involved in the nation pvp stuff, but that is probably what drives the player base.

I'm in US - EST and play casually. I don't recall my character's name, I'll have to pay better attention next time I log in. I'll keep an eye out to see if a group gets started. If a group does get started, everybody has to be from the same nation.

I picked Lenaria as my nation in hopes of finding social folks (based on descriptions of the nations) and was not disappointed. I would recommend Lenaria.

Last edited by QueensKnight; 4th September 2010 at 06:56 AM.
QueensKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2010, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Guild Wars
Elite - Post: 2877

Fine

I've played it too, but not long, only a few weeks. It's not a bad little game, very much like most f2p games, and maybe a bit better than most, but as I'm not into pvp, it was rather boring. Go and kill x number of something, come back, get your reward, go kill x number of something else.
My daughter liked it a lot, but she finished it in a few weeks and there was nothing else for her to do.

Thank you to Shogun for my sig.
Ellie Isabella- Elementalist: Ritzy Ellie- Ritualist: Ellie's Silver Lady- Ranger: Ellie's Mesmer: Ellie Playing Monk.

Silver Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2010, 12:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1282

Shocked

I agree with Silver Lady. Left it pretty quickly!
Benevolent Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th October 2010, 05:47 AM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1075

Happy

I wanted to test this a while ago, but I'm not able to access the servers since I'm European.

It was good to read your opinion on the game.

Free to grind |GW2 (Malicia Mangora-Caelifera Chimera-Narika Noratu)
Thank you Coneman for the sig

Ariya is offline   Reply With Quote