Old 14th September 2010, 06:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2656

Red face DOH in DDO

I screwed up, my TP that is. I wanted Shared bank and veteran status, and 2 adventure packs, well I missed the sales on the adventure packs so this left waiting for vet status and shared bank, tonight I saw shared bank was on sale, really the only way I can afford both is the 10 slot. all I saw was 20 slot, okay going to get it, so made the purchase, then went back to see about how much I was going to need again for vet status, to find I should have went there first instead of checking just the “Today’s Deal’s” Because the 10 slot was also 50% . The 20 slot is nice, and honestly would rather had the 20 then a 10, but 10 would allow me to afford both at the same time, and is big enough for what I need it for.
So now I am outta the TP needed for the vet status.

Man, I was bumming after that. If that 10 slot was never 50% off . . I would be okay with the spending what I really could not afford, but seeing that it too was 50% .. I felt ill.
Guess now I have to use my back up plan and start playing characters on the other servers to get the easy Threshold TP (for first 100 favor). That will take me a couple days, since I will need to start from normal difficulty and work up.
I do see that there is always someone offering to open elite, so it may not be too long if I am lucky

“Now remember kids, look before you leap” . . if I had only remembered that

yeah, just sharing a Doh moment I just had in DDO
AoC - Daxaat , Chanaakat, Xaatbear
Anarcy Online - about 4 dozen characters
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo

Imfir is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15th September 2010, 03:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 17

There's another approach to your problem that you might want to consider.

Drow / veteran status / 32 point builds are all favor rewards. You can earn them by just picking a character and playing them up to the appropriate level, without having to repeat the same quests over and over again.

I'm level 9 and have unlocked Drow and almost veteran status...of course, I already bought them both so I'm wondering now if I wasted those points, since I would have gotten them anyway, albeit on a single server instead of globally.

Anyway, point being, if running the same quests over and over again is getting old, consider just picking a decent character and progressing until you get the unlocks naturally...and you'll still have all the yummy TP for other stuff!

(Besides I need some people around my level to quest with...)
sangretu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 01:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2656

yeah I had bought the Drow, when I first went VIP with the TP I got. But now not VIP, thing was, I never did use the drow, I started Imfir, but it just was wrong, and I have unlocked the Drow, so I know it was a waste of TP spent, getting 400 favor is not as hard to reach as I thought, but if I do know of a good Drow build/class then I could use it on any server is the upside.
Yeah I may have to hook up with ya, Belark is MIA , I know he's having some medical problems, and DeWe enjoying another game, so kinda alone.
it is quicker for me to earn 100 TP at the lower levels soloing. And would be even quicker with Vet Status.
yeah my main toon is over 500 favor now, but I am kinda in a rush order for the TP, and I don't want to power through quest with him, not on the first run, so going with just the one toon to unlock it on a server that I can not recreate, unless I reroll what I already have.
Best option is to Favor farm, Since now I need to start on Normal dufficulty, it now going to take me 4 hours to get 25 TP, unless I hook up with someone willing to open elite. And I see those all the time, just for some I am not ready yet. So I do miss some chances that are available.

Once I can get the second comp running I can dual box, that will help without the need of outside help, and will be on my pace and time. So till that time I am setting up a toon on each server, Tho really only need one other, to be my Elite opener. So you could say while setting building/leveling an toon to be an Elite opener I am also earning Tp in that process.

like I mentioned, I am just bummed that I should have looked more before buying, these 50% sales from what I understand only happen maybe twice a year if that, the 20% pretty much is always happening with something.
AoC - Daxaat , Chanaakat, Xaatbear
Anarcy Online - about 4 dozen characters
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo

Imfir is offline   Reply With Quote