Old 16th April 2011, 02:10 AM   #11 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 79

Scared

I should also mention that the org is 'Neutral', which means if you want to join us you will have to not pick a side (ie: omni or clan). We will be having sided divisions as well, but they will not have the city benefits. So for now choose 'Neutral' when leaving noob island and transport to Borealis. (You can always change later but you can't change back).

Also, if you cannot contact our main characters, post in here and we will track you down. We will be advertising/recruiting in-game, but keeping it to over-25's only, as it is in TOG. We are called "Elders of Rubi-Ka".

AO can be downloaded = HERE =. We would love to see you there!
Captainzero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19th April 2011, 01:36 AM   #12 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2645

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyWoo View Post
The game takes up around 3Gig disk space
oh, cool thank you.
I have about 5gig free, so I have room then, just no room for defrag'ing

I think in a few weeks or month from now I may have enough Pennies saved to get a new HDD. The one I'm using now is only 30 gigs yeah it's old too. Hopefully nothing else breaks down, that I need to replace around here, wouldn't mind being able to finally spend $ on non-essentials again
AoC - Daxaat , Chanaakat, Xaatbear
Anarcy Online - about 4 dozen characters
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo

Imfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2011, 10:48 AM   #13 (permalink)

Scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imfir View Post
oh, cool thank you.
I have about 5gig free, so I have room then, just no room for defrag'ing

I think in a few weeks or month from now I may have enough Pennies saved to get a new HDD. The one I'm using now is only 30 gigs yeah it's old too. Hopefully nothing else breaks down, that I need to replace around here, wouldn't mind being able to finally spend $ on non-essentials again
Hopefully we'll see you in-game soon then? Looking forward to it
Old 11th May 2011, 01:11 PM   #14 (permalink)

Scared

I have to say, that I'm really surprised at the fact that nobody has shown an interest in joining us on Anarchy Online! My wife and I have been playing MMORPGs for about 6 years now, and in that time have tried many, many releases including titles such as Star Wars Galaxies, Star Trek Online, Fallen Earth, Global Agenda, Final Fantasy, Thang, Supreme Destiny, City of Heroes, Champions Online, Imagine Online, Eudemons, Entropia Universe ... the list goes on and on.... and every time we end up back on Anarchy Online.

Released in 2001, AO was one of the first ever MMOPRGs... THE first Sci-Fi MMORPG, and perhaps the longest running MMORPG in existence... and it is still going strong! That has to say something does it not? There is SO much depth to this game. There is always something to do, or something new to try, new friends to be made, and new adventures. Due to it's complexity it attracts a more mature community (mostly), and it definitely has one of the friendliest and interactive player-bases around. In other games we have played, nobody ever wants to talk to each other.. you may as well play a single-player game if that's what you want.

If you join us we will be able to give you a great start in the game, giving you advantages that other players dont have when they first start. We will help you with in-game money (credits), armor, weapons etc. We also have a player city which gives new players the opportunity to experience the 'Alien Invasion' expansion from day one. We are more than happy to explain all the finer points of the game, and give you tours of the many many playfields in the game. We have characters in every profession/race, covering a very wide range of levels, so there is always someone to team with if you don't like playing alone. We are even happy to just have a chat about whatever.. it's a very social game like that. And lastly, to hopefully seal the deal, we are allied (and very close friends) with one of the largest neutral guilds in the game, which we can call upon for extra team-mates, and all kinds of other help. So basically, there's nothing we can't help you with if you decide to give it a try!

AO is free-to-play as a 'froob', which gives you access to most of the game. Or you can purchase one or all of the expansions, which opens up a massive new world of playfields, content, advantages and items. So it suits the casual player or even the most hardcore like us.

As mentioned in previous posts, we have our own guild/organisation called 'Elders of Rubi-ka', which is an over-25s group, which we would love to rename 'Elders of Rubi-ka [TOG]' .. or something simlar, given we get enough of you guys interested.

So why not give AO a try and come and join us for some fun today! If you are interested, please post here or send me a PM and I will tell you how to hook up with us in-game.
Old 11th May 2011, 06:35 PM   #15 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 32

After reading this I'm thinking about coming back, as I've got time to kill until SWTOR comes out. I originally started back in 1/2002 and bought a 2nd account in 12/2004.
Last time I played either one was 12/2009. Slowly but surely I would play other mmo games, but I too would eventually come back for a bit of fun. Of course the original guild my main character was in is still in place but no one has ever been on during the times I came back to visit.
So, I believe for the time being I'm going to create a froob account, and I'd like to join you if I can.
Do you have any suggestions for which breed/class I should try? My original main is a Solitus/Fixer, and at various times played around with the other combinations as well.
Kaigow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2011, 07:05 PM   #16 (permalink)

Scared

Hi and thanks for posting

My favourite prof would have to be engineer, you can level fast and earn credits with tradeskilling and beacon warps, and aren't really limited by being a frooby. Sure you don't get a mechdog as a froob, but you can still have a super high level bot pet (we have the buffs!). My main is an engie and I love it. Engis can be solitus or nanomage generally.

Other good froob profs would be Martial Artist (Opifex - doesn't need weapons), or Adventurer (Atrox or Solitus - weapons can be bought and you can choose to be melee or ranged), in that they aren't too limited by not having expansions, and are fairly easy to play.

Don't forget if you want to join our Org you will need to remain neutral. Here is a list of active toons you can contact once you are in-game:

Captainzero
Magiczero
Zerocharm
Msmiyagi
Metamaloo
Liltrinket

use: /tell Captainzero

Look forward to seeing you!

Last edited by Captainzero; 11th May 2011 at 07:14 PM.
Old 13th May 2011, 04:32 PM   #17 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1049

Hot

My god, the reason i left the game is i had nobody to hang with.

I just logged back into my old account and its been since 2005-06-18 23:37:27

Im going to see what i have on my account once i've downloaded the client.

I can't wait to get into the game and join up with toggers.
Policy" "Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference.
The MARINES don't have that problem." President Ronald Reagan - 1985"
Cpl.Cooter-USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2011, 08:48 AM   #18 (permalink)

Scared

oh no I missed you! It's not very often that we decide to have an early night.. but we were in bed before midnight :O zomg! I will now wait diligently at my post for your return
Old 16th May 2011, 07:07 PM   #19 (permalink)

Smile

looks like soon I may be getting that HDD, I'm a lil shy getting everything I wanted to get, (starting a new build, but going with upgrading to a new build kind of building)
So if everything I do get works and depending how much Bandwidth I use to update everything, it may not be much longer till I can DL the game.
I'll need to start a new Froob account since my other accounts were paying, would been nice to get in the other accounts.

I'll either start a Fixer or Trader, Though an Engineer is easy to play getting back into the game, and for making that Carb armor early. With some twiking getting the right thingies in (forgot what they are called) I could easily solo with a higher lvl pet
Think I'll go look at some AO info.

At least a couple more weeks till it's possible for me to start or up to a month, so don't expect to see me too soon
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo

Old 16th May 2011, 07:31 PM   #20 (permalink)

sweet,, lol . . I just logged in Auno.org, remembered my user name and PW, and all my builds there, ya know the Tools you can use at that site, All 24 characters are still registered there,
Okay okay, yeah I'm excited, because I already have some plans laid out and now it's just a matter of waiting for the parts to getting started.
Also I get to see what I was playing the most, heh looks like 2 agents mainly one at 145 the other at 129.
Taking a Break -
D&DO , LotRo