TOG Latest

Chris Roberts Recognises the Star Cit...

The rising interest in Star Citizen in TOG has gai...

Warthunder heard throughout TOG

The sounds of Warthunder is being heard throughout TOG

Dota 2 Release

DOTA2 Released.

Planetside 2 Release 20-Nov-2012 PST

The long awaited and critically acclaimed PlanetSi...

Division Latest

TOG MindCrack - Mining, Machines, Mag...

TOG's MindCrack Minecraft server offers all that's...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Machines and magic in Minecraft - 'Fe...

Over the vacation period, a "Feed The Beast" Mod p...

Get to know your guildmate interview ...

Ral Partha interviews TOG member and Guild Wars 2 ...

Old 19th May 2011, 11:03 AM   #41 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 79

Scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeWe View Post
I'ld rather join a smaller guild with lowbies. I would have passed if it was large and full of endgame players.
Oh that is great news! I have tried to be 'selective' about who we have in our org. Anyone can spam recruiting ads and invite anyone who puts their hand up, but thats how you end up with an org full of bludgers and elitists. Thats not what we are about... we just want to have a group of good people, whether they play well or not is irrelevant. It's all about having fun IMO.

And I appreciate that you are starting from scratch.. that must be difficult (but also quite exciting). Woo and I will try and help you with credits/items while you are rebuilding your empire.

Hope you sort out your technical problems soon. There are always ARK's in-game who you can contact by lodging a petition. or you can try AOfroobs.com if you are froob, or the AO forums if you are paid, to help sort out your technical issues.
Captainzero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19th May 2011, 12:14 PM   #42 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 11

Amused

I must say that I am really pleased with the interest that has been generated and I look forward to catching up with you in game.

There are a few guides that I thought might be of use to new members and those returning to AO;

General

Character Creation

Chat Guide

AO Dictionary

Basic Pet Commands

Buffing

Introduction to Tradeskilling

Pre-Built Implants

Starting Out Dungeons and Play Fields

ICC Shuttleport AKA Newbie Island lvl 1-18, this is your starting point for Rubi-Ka

Backyards All levels

The Condemed Subway lvl 1-24 (level locked)

Steps of Madness lvl 1-50

Temple of Three Winds AKA TOTW lvl 1-60 (level locked)

Third Party Programs - help make AO life easier

Item Assistant Keeps a catalogue of your items

Click Saver Helps you roll a mission with a specific item as reward

More guides can be found in the knowledge base of AO Universe.

AO is coming up to its 10th anniversary next month and Funcom generally hold some sort of event and all players are eligible to claim some goodies (even if lvl1) ie xp stims and social items...possibly a free month on old accounts that were once subscribed, so keep check on your email because if they run with this like they have done in the past you will be sent an invitation on the offer.
LadyWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th May 2011, 02:29 PM   #43 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 11

Amused

I am also considering setting up a Team Speak server, so it would be good if any newcomers could notify me if you're interested.
LadyWoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 02:52 AM   #44 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2560

it's coming back, somethings faster then others

finding the right pre-made implants will need a little more researching .

doing missions came back fast, only thing I don't like now is the level I'm at the missions are out of town, without something to speed up traveling, that makes game play longer, the run burns me out, but I get reenergized once I see that EXP rolling in

taking a break, need to dash into town, I need some new shoes

Taking a Break with
playing Dungeons & Dragons Online , LotRo Anarchy Online,

Imfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th May 2011, 02:27 PM   #45 (permalink)

Scared

well we can sure fix your transport problem. nearly every problem can be solved by throwing creds at it. Ask me about it in-game and we'll see if we can get you some wheels.. or even better some wings
Old 21st May 2011, 12:16 PM   #46 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2560

going to hold off on formating the new HDD for a couple days, man I'm burnt out right now, been BBQ'ng all day for tomorrow, so not in the mood to watching everything updating

I started 3 more characters, they're still on starter Island. Astaahengi - Engineeer, Astaahnano - NT, and AstaahOfix - Fixer, going to be my Omni character
I found my other FROOB accounts, so guess I really didn't need to start another one, but I couldn't log on them before or according to AO they were locked, so thought i had to start a new one, but what it was I forgotten the username. Since I had copied the folder over all that info was saved on the client, which made it easier to find
I'll spend a lil time on starter island with these guys, so you may not know I'm on unless I send you a tell, I don't remember how to add friends so guess I may be alone, maybe after I gets in the game I'll do a /help and look up what I need to do to add friends while on the island

Taking a Break with
playing Dungeons & Dragons Online , LotRo Anarchy Online,

Imfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 01:20 PM   #47 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 92

Think its /cc addbuddy name..
DeWe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st May 2011, 01:48 PM   #48 (permalink)

Scared

yep thats correct... /cc addbuddy name

I'll add your characters to the bot anyway so we can still chat.

Dewe have you made a character yet? Still havent caught up with you in-game. Would be great to have a few more TOGgers around.

oh.. and FYI the new graphics engine IS till being worked on, in fact I think it's starting to get fairly close to completion. I heard they have it running on a test server, and they are just ironing out bugs now. That will be exciting.. definitely worth coming back for.
Old 21st May 2011, 07:58 PM   #49 (permalink)
Administrator
MMO Division Admin
All Knowing - Post: 17010

Well, downloaded the client and managed to find my old Funcom account. Patched up and was surprised to see all my characters still there! Unfortunately, they are all on RK2. This is only a minor setback though as the game itself will not run at all on Win 7. Does the game need to run in compatability mode?
Old 21st May 2011, 10:06 PM   #50 (permalink)

Scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rickety View Post
Well, downloaded the client and managed to find my old Funcom account. Patched up and was surprised to see all my characters still there! Unfortunately, they are all on RK2. This is only a minor setback though as the game itself will not run at all on Win 7. Does the game need to run in compatability mode?
Hmmm thats odd. We have tried it in Windows7 and it worked ok. I've also done a quick scan of the AO forums and as far as i can see it should run in windows 7. What exactly happens when you try to run it? do you get an error? Maybe we can figure out why it's not working. Could also be a graphics issue See here

We would certainly be happy to see you in RK1! fingers crossed.