Old 31st October 2011, 08:34 AM   #41 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1111

Fine

If anyone needs any carved pumpkins for their set or some fireflies to make lit ones, let me know. I have a ton of extra carved pumpkins as well as a firefly swarm in my house. It's also just a few streets away from Somewhat Sump where they are having the candy giving party to get the Zilloween achievement badges:

Guide to Zilloween! Glitch Strategy
Warrender is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 1st November 2011, 10:40 PM   #42 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave
Elite - Post: 3520

Tired

You guys make your money more through auctions or vendor sales?
Old 1st November 2011, 10:59 PM   #43 (permalink)

Fine

It's weird because I usually play the auction game in every MMO that has one. But with this one I can't be bothered. Most people price their auctions to beat the lowest current selling price without taking into account item value and transaction fees. So I usually pitch unwanted items into shrines or vendors.

BTW, tool vendors pay 80% of item value vs. 70% of most other vendors. Sometimes it's worth taking a special trip to the only two tool vendors in all of Ur.

http://glitch.alwaysdata.net/vendshr...ol&type=Vendor
Old 1st November 2011, 11:05 PM   #44 (permalink)

Fine

Darn the non-editing ways of this forum!

In fact, there's an app that scours the auction house looking for those deals from brain-dead auctioneers and people just park their Glitches at the tool vendor and buy stuff to vendor at a profit all day long:

Glutt
Old 2nd November 2011, 05:01 PM   #45 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Deadly - Post: 1250

Sneaky

To be honest I'm mainly selling to those guys sitting at the Tool Vendor.

There's a few cooking things that I can make a profit on, but most of the time I'm selling just under that 80% mark on the AH.

You are stood on a narrow road between The Land and whence you came. - MUD1
Mesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2011, 12:50 PM   #46 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave

Tired

Cheers for the info guys. I'm just pottering with the moneymaking really. It's coming in faster than it's going out at the moment and I think I'll just be happy with that.
Old 8th November 2011, 12:00 AM   #47 (permalink)

Fine

Yeah, I'm sitting at over 100K currants with nothing to spend it on. Every time I get 5k above 100k I splurge it on buying a cubimal but that's about it.
Old 8th November 2011, 08:23 AM   #48 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Officer On Leave

Tired

Hehe. Money is the least of my worries now. It's overcrowding!! My little treehouse has 6 piggies, 5 butterflies, and 5 chooks! I use up a full load of energy just doing all my farming and tending to the animals!
Old 10th November 2011, 09:52 AM   #49 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 4

Tired
Talking Resources

Well, the nice thing about money and having too much of it is, soon you'll be able to expand your house, etc. It's in the works. Also, you can use money on icons.

Also, hello there! I'm new to TOG. Just got accepted. I'm Katters McKitterson on Glitch: Katters McKitterson | Glitch
Used to be called Meggles but I changed names.

I play Glitch with a ton of friends from other games, many of whom are over 25. I'll have to see if any of them want to join TOG.

When I'm feeling up to it, I plan to post a ton of Glitch resources here. Some have already been posted, but I have a ton, some of which I noticed were missing. Plus it would be nice to consolidate them into just a post or two.

I just finished my ghost quest, thanks to a spooooooky ghost tour. YAY.

ETA: Forgot to mention: if petting/feeding/nibbling animals is taking too much energy, definitely get some Animal Kinship. And if you want to harvest more from trees for less energy, go for Gardening. IIRC. I know I get 12 of a tree's item for each harvest, plus I can harvest twice per day, PLUS I often get mega harvests for an extra 12.

Last edited by ihavenomouth; 10th November 2011 at 09:59 AM. Reason: Forgot to mention that last bit.
ihavenomouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2011, 03:49 PM   #50 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 18

Tired

Hi there everyone - FatherTusker here. I'll friend everyone who's posted their nicks/profile links here, feel free to add me even if you haven't.

Thanks for the housing info - I was wondering how I went about getting a house, as I've got a few crop tending and animal husbandry skills now.

For anyone who hasn't already found it - Zog's Glitchy Tools is a handy little app to help you find stuff and navigate around.
Tusker is offline   Reply With Quote