Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Public Forums > MMORPG Games: The Realms > Free to grind

Free to grind Discuss Free MMO's here.

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10th November 2011, 11:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 33

Hot
Default Like Pokemon? Try Pokefarm!

Hey guys,

I don't really know if this qualifies as a MMORPG, exactly--it's kind of a hybrid of MMORPG (lite) and social networking game.

Welcome to PokéFarm! - PokéFarm

Pokefarm is a site where you play the role of a Pokemon breeder, rather than a Pokemon trainer. You adopt Pokemon eggs, hatch them, and raise your Pokemon. The way you hatch the eggs and level your Pokemon is by interaction--you "click" on other people's eggs/Pokemon (which gives them hatching/leveling points) and then those people "click" your eggs/Pokemon. There are also quests, special events with items or unique Pokemon, and the Dreamworld--a web-based version of the Pokemon game!

I really love this site. I'm not sure if it was the first "adoptables" website, but it certainly was *one* of the first. The creator is busy adding more content all the time. It may not have the same level of complexity and depth as a typical MMORPG, but it is surprisingly addictive.

Most of the folks on there are either college aged, or teens; but there are a few of us older gamers on the site. I am attempting to start a clan for those who are over 30. If you're interested, send me a PM and I'll tell you more about it.
tygerkitty is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adoptables, free games, pokemon