The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Free to grind (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/free-grind/)
-   -   EQ original (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/free-grind/418989-eq-original.html)

tlbww 3rd March 2012 08:34 AM

EQ original

F2P with only a handful of restrictions.

Myself and a few other people are running on the Trakanon server. It's low population, but we are running the PoTime stages, which means you can experience the game content.

Medrall 4th March 2012 03:47 AM

I started playing again last month and I really enjoy it.
But I'm on the Al'Kabor MAC server (AKA: PoP server) which is 100% free since last month after SOE first said they were going to shut down the server for good in MArch and then the whole eq community went mad and you could even find news about it all over the net and SOE finally decided to cancel the shutdown and made it free for all.
The community there is really great :-)

Malkar 28th May 2012 09:29 PM

Was thinking of giving this a go. I never played back in the day but heard good things. Not so sure about the amount of restrictions on f2p and im not really prepared to sub. Also I have a macbook and a desktop pc so if i do decide to play should i get eqmac or the normal version? what is the difference? Does eqmac have the same f2p restrictions?

tlbww 29th May 2012 06:51 AM

EQmac is fully f2p with 0 restrictions. If you can play the game, I would recommend that b/c of that lack of restrictions. I want to see if I can someone go to that version.

I have eq installed, but with how it pretty much forces you to play the new zones, all of my knowledge of lvling, equipts, and party location is thrown out the window. That, and the game really hasn't changed a bit with other better looking games out there that are a bit more user friendly. IDK if I'm up for MMOwork again.

tlbww 2nd March 2013 06:10 AM

So i'm in it a bit more for the long term. In the progressive guild on Trak.

Lvl 60 rogue. If anyone is considering it, I'd say give a it a go. Lvl up is pretty fast and they made the game vastly more accessible than when I first played the game. The F2p limitations suck, but there are some work arounds.

Liin 6th March 2013 03:15 PM

I am playing on the Mac server and have been for a year now. It is still a good game after all these years.

greatdark 9th March 2013 01:48 PM

I have two accounts on the Fippy Paw server(progression server) but would love to start new characters with others.

Medrall 12th March 2013 11:15 AM

Just started from scratch last weekend on the mac server a new druid named Medjfar and still love the game :)
Will prob play it again for a few months ;)
Put me in your friend list

Nukluk 13th March 2013 01:40 AM

I downloaded it this past weekend, over 8 gb. F2P includes 17 of 19 expansions. Sometime this week they are doing away with the f2p class & race limits. So you can roll any class or race you want for free.

My old characters were waiting for me on Luclin-Stromm server. It felt great to be back in Norrath, but my learning curve for playing was high. Too many years & games since the old days. Making plat and AA levels is crazy-fast.
I will probably roll a new Troll & Iksar on RP server Fironia Vie to play with my daughter.

Tachyon 13th March 2013 06:43 AM

I've been playing with a progression guild on Trakanon myself... good times!