The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Free to grind (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/free-grind/)
-   -   Vanguard SOH (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/free-grind/422954-vanguard-soh.html)

Iamden84 23rd March 2012 11:07 PM

Vanguard SOH

Vanguard is going f2p this summer (vgplayers website). I will definitely revisit this game.

sschrupp 31st March 2012 03:05 AM

hehe yeah one of my buddies and I just re-subbed and have been having a good time. I'll be interested to see what they plan on doing and if they'll be updating the game at all to compete with more modern games.

I mean graphics-wise the game still looks great, but some things are still pretty old school. Like their quests are still the old "Travel 2 billion miles away to do something that involves killing lots of things in order to find a few rarely dropped items and then come back." Thankfully I love the Bard in this game so that makes traveling 2 billion miles away take little time.

Of course now my friend can't stand to play without me because everything else is so incredibly slow without the Bard speed.. lol.

Other than the style of quests though this game really does have a lot of the features that newer games now have. It really was ahead of its time when it came out.

They also need to do something about the "chunks". My newish system handles crossing over the chunk lines fairly well, but my buddy's older system hangs on them for a bit.

Overall I think it's a great game and with some time and money thrown at it the game could really be wonderful. So with the F2P it sounds like it will be getting that. We'll see what they do with the extra attention!

xenoph 8th April 2012 03:49 AM

A bit behind here... Hadn't noticed this thread.

Looking forward to Vanguard being F2P. I tried the trial, and was very close to starting playing it, but I couldn't justify three subs at once at the time.

Kageru 8th April 2012 12:55 PM

It should have gone free2play years ago. It probably would have funded a larger dev team than SoE gave the game and some chance to build on the decent mechanics the game had.

sschrupp 9th April 2012 06:01 AM

Yeah, once games started going F2P I know a lot of people were hoping Vanguard would too. Then they did EQ2-X or whatever and people were sure it would. And then... and then... but finally, now it is! lol

swirlsie 13th April 2012 04:23 PM

yeah looking forward to it also, its a great game just not worth the subs at this point

DogBone_AU 13th April 2012 05:06 PM

always had a soft spot for this game, migth be time to dust off ye olde mousepad and do an epic comeback

Medrall 17th April 2012 10:50 AM

definitely interested as well

Dread 27th April 2012 02:49 PM

No dates being mentioned? Guessed? Hypothesized??

Piro 28th April 2012 05:42 PM

I have just started playing VG. I needed a new MMO and it was between this, LOTRO and DDO. Still haven't got around to trying LOTRO but I am loving VG.

I'm on he US server. I have a Bard (Yogghurt) and a Cleric (Ezalum). If anyone has a guild I can join hit me up in game!!!