The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Free to grind (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/free-grind/)
-   -   LFG: DDO weekly meetup (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/free-grind/450260-lfg-ddo-weekly-meetup.html)

GiantDave7 17th August 2012 09:30 AM

LFG: DDO weekly meetup

Next meetup scheduled for Wednesday 12 September at 8:30pm AEST.
Khyber server.
As usual feel free to post here if anyone wants to join in or propose an additional time for availability.

If anyone has any question or wants to check player availability for other times please post below.

Cheers

GD7
---------------------------------------------------
Original post:

Hi fellow f2p embraces,
So after trying in vain to find game groups I thought I'd put shout out fellow toggers to see if there is any interest in getting a weekly play group together for DDO.
I'm thinking mid week on a Tuesday or Wednesday around 8pm (AEST) for 2 or 3 hours.
Servers would be either cannith or khyber depending on the group.
Expressions of interest welcome.
Cheers

misterbear 20th August 2012 09:02 PM

I'm interested if you're prepared to start pretty much from scratch?
I rolled a toon on Khyber a few years back (just before FFP came in) but only put a couple of levels on him before giving it away. I'd be willing to roll whatever class, though I don't have much D&D experience. Also, I generally wouldn't be available until around 8.30-9pm.
Let me know if you're interested, I'm keen to give it a go.

Damo 21st August 2012 09:46 PM

I'm interested

GiantDave7 22nd August 2012 09:40 PM

Ok might try setting this up for next week.
Tuesday 28th at 9:30pm AEST sound good?
If we try and get at least one character to level 4 after Korthos island might be best.
If you want to bring someone higher that will be fine as well.

Any issue post back in here.

GD7

GiantDave7 22nd August 2012 10:10 PM

That's assuming of course we all aren't playing guild wars 2.
I'm more than open to other night's if anyone has other preferences.

misterbear 23rd August 2012 01:15 PM

Tuesday nights are good for me (& I'm not playing GW2) but I wouldn't mind starting a little earlier. I don't think I'd be ready to go next week though, I've only just re-installed the client & need to work out how to play again!
Also, I think we should work out what classes we'll play so that we can have a reasonably balanced group.

Thymos 23rd August 2012 04:13 PM

I've a few fully geared up toons on Cannith. Haven't been in game since right before the last update. Waiting for them to patch everything they broke again.

GiantDave7 24th August 2012 08:58 AM

Can we post what server we would prefer.
I have no preference as I have various toons on both servers, Thymos has a few on Cannith.
Misterbear and Damo, do you have a preference?
And does anyone have a problem with an 8:30pm start?

misterbear 24th August 2012 03:45 PM

I'd prefer Khyber, purely as it appears to be the most popular Oceanic server (both within TOG & generally). I think that would give us the best chance of picking up the odd player along the way.
8.30pm start sounds good to me, I should just be able to make it (my kids go to bed around 8pm ;))

I suggest that this coming Tuesday (or whatever day we decide to run on) we get together on Vent or TS & have a bit of a chat to finalise servers, toons, etc with a view to kicking off the group in the first week of September. What do you think?

Damo 25th August 2012 08:02 AM

No preference. I only played for a short while, then we bought a new house and I've been busy doing the reno thing.