Old 5th February 2013, 07:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Dangerous - Post: 597

Lurking
Default APB Reloaded

I brought this game up months ago, to no success. But started playing it again to relive some MMO stress, and realized this would be 100x better with some TOGers. Linking some video clips of a two man, some times 3 man group that were dinking around bounty hunting and missioning in game.

Its free to play, using a lease system for guns, you pay in game cash for 10 day leases on guns. You can buy special guns or guns you could unlock through grinding as well for free, but have to use the 10 day lease for them. Note early one it looks like the guns are pay to win, but once you get familiar you can kill pretty much anyone with stock guns, and quickly unlock customization ones that are identical to stock minus mods that upgrade something at the cost of another stat, IE longer range, for a targeting reticle that expands more from rapid fire, or rapid fire, in exchange for smaller clips.

Last edited by Zalzany; 5th February 2013 at 07:31 PM.
Zalzany is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 6th February 2013, 12:48 AM   #2 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer
Wildstar
Elite - Post: 2898 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Cheerful

I downloaded and tried it a bit, but I just couldn't get properly into it.
Just not my thing, I think. I looked through some videos first where it looked quite shiny, but it didn't transfer well into my screen.
xenoph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2013, 07:21 AM   #3 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Lurking

yeah its not 100% quad core friendly I had to lower some settings and tweak it to make it run well on my pc... still fun though.
Old 9th February 2013, 04:04 AM   #4 (permalink)
Mostly Harmless - Post: 88

Pensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenoph View Post
I downloaded and tried it a bit, but I just couldn't get properly into it.
Just not my thing, I think. I looked through some videos first where it looked quite shiny, but it didn't transfer well into my screen.
I was excited for it b4 I had a comp to run it. Tried it when it went f2p. Was super laggy, kept booting me out, and wasn't very fun. I saw a lot of exploits and it did seem like p2win. Firefall is more my speed.
tlbww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th February 2013, 05:42 AM   #5 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Lurking

Yeah it had issues with quad cores, and if your punkbuster is off it will ruin the whole game for you. The pay to win part disappears after a few weeks of play, I was killing players with tommy guns the other day using there valentines free assault rifle, just have to know the pros and cons of the guns range, or aiming style. For instance tommys need to aim so if you get a spray and pray gun you odds go up in close end fights, and if you use an assault rifle or basicly any rifle you can stay out of its optimal killing range.
Old 12th March 2013, 02:21 AM   #6 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 5

I play APB:R on a regular basis on the Joker server if any one ever wants to group, I'm rank 230 trying to grind my last 5 ranks.
greatdark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th March 2013, 12:31 AM   #7 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 3

Default awesome game

Non-stop PVP/gunfights and car chases...awesome!

I'm on the Hong Kong server whatever that's called on the criminal side
spiceynoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2014, 10:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Guild Officer

Lurking

Old posts but still page one, in my boredom I started playing this again they upgraded it a bit since last time this was active, and oddly enough get good ping on the hong kong server, making wonder how legit that is...
Old 12th May 2014, 03:55 PM   #9 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 9

Smile APB

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatdark View Post
I play APB:R on a regular basis on the Joker server if any one ever wants to group, I'm rank 230 trying to grind my last 5 ranks.
I'm hooked on the stupid game that makes me so angry, crim is 197, Nerakeus is player. I'm not super, but not horrible, would love to group, on joker. So is greatdark ur char? (I'm a 45 yo female btw)
Nera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2014, 05:59 PM   #10 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 5

Innocent

i played this for a while, but at the time there were alot of cheaters and it had slight latency for me so i stopped but i did enjoy the game alot.
zerax is offline   Reply With Quote