The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Free to Shoot (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/free-shoot/)
-   -   Combat Arms beta testing , (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/free-shoot/174124-combat-arms-beta-testing.html)

makaw 30th May 2008 06:30 PM

Combat Arms beta testing ,

Combat Arms beta testing starts today.
The teaser looks awsome, much like COD4 but more blood and guts.
If anyone has a fileplanet subscription (as i do) or has access to the closed beta, i will see you on the battlefield.
I love beta testing.
Hope it's better than crysis, i tested that for months and they still stuffed up the release, but thats another story.

Pls post here if you r going to join in the beta, its free, looks like a cross between America's army and COD4. I believe this will be the next USA recruiting game like AA was.
free to D/L free to play.

here's a link to have a look...
Combat Arms - Online FPS Action

Ned 30th May 2008 09:37 PM

I don't have time for beta testing at the moment but thanks for posting :)

sure looks nice!

Beavis 1st June 2008 06:34 PM

Downloading now

Beavis 1st June 2008 09:18 PM

Looking good so far,I have been playing for 2 to 3hrs and enjoying it.It's a cross between COD4 and CS, I'm running everything on High (no AA) at 1920x1200 res and it looks and plays good,few glitches here and there,but hey its in beta stage.

It has search and destroy or all you S&D fans,there doesn't appear to have any team voip,just chat which at beta stage is global.
You earn points/money so you can go to 'the store' and buy different weapons and toys,not much to choice from in the beta,I have bought an AK47 and a heavier flak jacket and have been owning.

:bigthumbsup: from Beavis

Beavis 2nd June 2008 01:58 AM

Apparently,when the game is released you get it free to play,but you have to pay actual dollars to get upgrades?.from their forums you get some free weapons to start with and you can 'rent' weapons for a time period.In the beta you have a bank balance to start with and you can rent different weapons (as you rank up),you can rent from 1 day to 90days.
I dont think this is a good idea........I would rather buy the game and be done,I will keep you guys posted on any further news

jayMPH 2nd June 2008 08:02 AM

Thanks for the info but I would rather get this game on OBT. Just give us a news when OBT is coming this could be a great game to play.:)

Bunnyman 8th July 2008 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayMPH (Post 1838432)
Thanks for the info but I would rather get this game on OBT. Just give us a news when OBT is coming this could be a great game to play.:)

What is OBT ? Oxygen Boot Therapy ?:D

OBT - Google Search

Ned 9th July 2008 11:39 AM

mmm yeh what's OBT ?

Hicks 9th July 2008 06:17 PM

Open Beta Test you nubs :D

Ned 9th July 2008 07:18 PM

that's what i thought but it's been in open beta since the first post

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayMPH (Post 1838432)

hey jayMPH !!

it's now in open beta :mrgreen: