The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Free to Shoot (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/free-shoot/)
-   -   Free FPS (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/free-shoot/187533-free-fps.html)

Gash 9th August 2008 04:09 PM

Free FPS

Hey fellow toggers!

Just wondering how many of us toy with some of the various free FPS available?

When I first got broadband, I started out with free FPS such as FEAR Combat and Wolf ET.

Then I tried some Urban Terror and Open Arena, which was good fun. Lately, I've been mucking around with Warsow, as a distraction from my main games of TF2 and DOD:S.

If there are enough other toggers who dable with some of the better free FPS out there, maybe we could get a game going one night? Post to let me know what you think....

Monk 9th August 2008 05:24 PM

I have fear combat, wolf et, combat arms and something else that I cant remeber, not herard of that warsow may download and give it a crack. I can be up for a game at sometime, usually druing the week at around 9pm (when eve goes down for it DT) so it may be on at some point

Ned 9th August 2008 10:55 PM

we used to have regular 2v2 matches with fear combat
i can fire the s.erver up if people keen again
nedd3h's gaming world :: View topic - F.E.A.R. server

:)

Gash 10th August 2008 10:05 AM

Damn, I deleted my FEAR Combat a little while ago (not because it wasn't good, but beacuse I got TF2 and was playing that alot more) - I can always fish it out.

I'm kind of anticipating Quake Live atm - I know ticklenut will play it with me, but is anyone else into that sort of thing?

Ned 10th August 2008 10:10 AM

yep, i'm keen to give quake live a run!
it's getting punkbuster support for those that don't know
PunkBuster Online Countermeasures
Quote:

id Softwar.e, Inc. has contracted with Even Balance, Inc. to integrate PunkBuster™ Anti-Cheat softwar.e into the upcoming, free-to-play, web browser based multiplayer game, QUAKE LIVE™. We will soon be opening a section on our websit.e to support PunkBuster™ for QUAKE LIVE™.

Crackers 10th August 2008 01:00 PM

Try Americas Army mate. AMERICA'S ARMY: SPECIAL FORCES - HOME PAGE Free game to play and download. TOG also have a division in this game.

Cheers

Crackers

Monk 10th August 2008 02:34 PM

I also have AA, played it once or twice but not with any toggers, and like most game i am pretty crap at it. I really should look into it more. Quake Live? another I have not heard of....googling now...i have a reasonable collection of these free games for whenI need to take a break...

Gash 10th August 2008 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ned (Post 1944291)
...PunkBuster Online Countermeasures

Oh that reminds me too - Battlefield Heros is coming out. I think TF2 gives me my quota of cartoony goodness though.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crackers (Post 1944505)
Try Americas Army mate....

I tried this a while back. Couldn't get past one of the training levels (had to shoot card board cut outs in a house and get x points). Couldn't do it so I couldn't play online :O Got frustrated and deleted it :P

spankyham 14th August 2008 11:22 AM

You might want to try Red Orchestra, I know it isnt free, but only 20 dollars.

It is the most realistic ww2 FPS shooter on the market, and we have TOG division for it.

CAMMO 14th August 2008 04:57 PM

Gash there is a walkthrough you can use to get through the boring training and once done the game is great to play online.:D but then I am bias because i love the game craps on COD4 for game play but not 4 graphics :(
cheers CAMMO