Old 18th June 2009, 11:41 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

Default America's Army 3 *released*

America's Army 3 discussion thread!

AMERICA'S ARMY | Official Site

-===================-

TOG has it's own America's Army Division.
This is a private area for full members.
TOG Private Forum | America's Army
-click here for membership info-

-===================-

Please provides feedback and thoughts on AA3 in this thread!

Pre-release AA3 discussion thread - HERE -
TOG public Steam forum AA3 chat - HERE -

Last edited by Ned; 19th June 2009 at 02:33 PM.
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 19th June 2009, 01:33 AM   #2 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

So far:

-pre-load file decrytion OK
-following update OK
-first load routine OK
-set up an account OK

The menu looks to be more user friendly than the last one I saw in early AA2

I'm finding the training not very intuitive.
eg. Fit To Win Obstacle Course

Standards Achieve a GO by completing the Fit to Win course in the time allotted while observing the safety guidelines and following cadre instructions.

So what is the allotted time?

===

Looks like the master servers are couldn't handle day one's load. Not a good look for a new game for many. It made the Steam pre-loading a waste of time. In my opinion though it's no big deal as long as it's mostly sorted within the next few days.

Last edited by Ned; 19th June 2009 at 01:49 AM.
Old 19th June 2009, 10:59 AM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Squad Officer
Left 4 Dead
Lethal - Post: 7440

Yeehaw

Is the game still full of smacktards?

I found that because it was free people tended to be less civil or care less about getting caught hacking. I used to play i a fair bit, but it got to the point that I'd encounter a hacker every other hour.
Drac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 02:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25482

Amused

I preloaded but... here I am hours later and after encrypting, and re-downloading something else its still going.

(didn't hop on the main rig yesterday)

We need you, Citizen!
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 04:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Spammer - Post: 25482

Amused

Alright I hopped in and poked around in the training (nothing multiplayer yet). It doesn't seem to be working properly . As I complete one tier, it let me go into the next but when I left the qualifications (despite getting passing grades on them all) it didn't hold the information. My theory is if the servers are down, it isn't being able to update the servers so the results aren't showing on my profile locally.

PS - Marksman on basic rifle, woot.

[edit]

Oh and looks like the devs were shut down, and complaining about a lack of funds. Some new company might be further developing it from here. That sounds kinda stupid, espescially right at launch I mean; what if somethign went wrong with the launch?!

(badum tich)

http://kotaku.com/5296131/americas-a...y-after-launch

We need you, Citizen!

Last edited by Reoh; 19th June 2009 at 04:53 PM.
Reoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2009, 07:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

I just want to be able to login and complete my training at this stage and have it be recorded.

Quote:
The anonymous America's Army 3 developers in touch with Kotaku unsurprisingly didn't sound too pleased with the current situation, venting that "a lot of good people [worked] insanely long hours on this game that was butchered by outside sources."
ouch!
Old 20th June 2009, 12:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5868 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reoh View Post
Oh and looks like the devs were shut down, and complaining about a lack of funds. Some new company might be further developing it from here. That sounds kinda stupid, espescially right at launch I mean; what if somethign went wrong with the launch?!

(badum tich)

Kotaku - America's Army 3 Devs Let Go Day After Launch - Disturbance in the workforce
Wow!

Way to not even give a game a chance!

"Jakob_Pavlov is a known issue and will be dealt with in the next patch." - bigtabs
Jakob_Pavlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 02:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator

Hot Fix Patch Available Soon!
http://forum.americasarmy.com/viewtopic.php?t=298054

Thanks to TOG DextrousWeevil for this info!

Quote:
We’d like to thank all of you for your support of America's Army 3. The level of interest since release has been tremendous. As you are aware, there have been many challenges since launch. The vast majority of issues you may have experienced has been a result of the huge demand on our network which has unfortunately impacted training qualification and game server performance.

The feedback that we have received from the AA3 community has been invaluable in our efforts to improve player performance. The America's Army Team is working to resolve the problems and to bring you a solution as quickly as possible.

We are dedicated to providing continuous improvements throughout the life of the game and our first course of action will be to release a patch that addresses some of these issues so that you can enjoy the game over the weekend. Once the patch is available, your AA3 game will be automatically updated through Steam or the Deploy Client.

We thank you for your continued support of AA3 and look forward to seeing you on your next mission. As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please send us an email at aacm@americasarmy.com

I'm confident they'll sort these early teething issues soon.
I'm still keen to fully test AA3 and give it a good run.

Last edited by Ned; 20th June 2009 at 02:25 AM.
Old 20th June 2009, 08:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5868 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Tired

I had about eight rounds or so on on a single map this afternoon (Alley, I think) and I did enjoy it.

Movement is not quite as "fluid" as I would like......and there are a fair few "issues" to be ironed out.....but on the whole (once the initial confusion had been overcome) I enjoyed myself.

Outstanding memory has to be (after feeling pround of myself for stopping a teammate bleeding to death in the very first round I played ).......about three rounds in, my Squad Leader gets incapacitated......I sprint across open ground and slide in behind the car where he has collapsed......get a little confused about which key I have bound to "action" to heal him.........hit left control.......WHACK! Opps, I've just melee'd my bleeding, helpless, squad leader to death!!!

"Jakob_Pavlov is a known issue and will be dealt with in the next patch." - bigtabs
Jakob_Pavlov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th June 2009, 09:51 AM   #10 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1678

Hopefully the Hotfix patch will let me finally play this online.