The Older Gamers Forums

The Older Gamers Forums (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/)
-   Free to Shoot (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/free-shoot/)
-   -   Super Monday Night Combat (http://www.theoldergamers.com/forum/free-shoot/427964-super-monday-night-combat.html)

Pezza 20th April 2012 04:49 PM

Super Monday Night Combat

Ok new free to play game on steam. Has been on the Xbox, but what ever you hear about little hickups on the xbox, forget about them on the PC.

It is Tower Defense cross FPS. HEAP OF FUN.

Taken from the steam page
What is Super Monday Night Combat?

Super Monday Night Combat is a free to play, strategic, multiplayer shooter… and the most popular lethal sport of the future! It blends intense tactical combat, a deep metagame, an ever-expanding roster of Pros, and an ever-growing amount of customizations. Why fight in bombed out cities or desert wastelands when you can have every kill streak judged by hilarious sportscasters and cheering, or jeering, fans?

Carm 20th April 2012 08:33 PM

A heap of the lads were playing it a while back ... there's a thread around here some place
:)

Pezza 21st April 2012 01:29 AM

it just came out on steam yesterday and free to play. :P

Asmodai 26th April 2012 03:59 PM

If anyone wants a game while I'm on, friend

Steam Community :: ID :: [TOG]asmodai

[TOG]asmodai

on Steam and hit me up. I'm already completely over PUG's... = |

red_one 30th April 2012 08:16 PM

Hmm, looks interesting, played MNC

Sandro 1st May 2012 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asmodai (Post 3507569)
If anyone wants a game while I'm on, friend

Steam Community :: ID :: [TOG]asmodai

[TOG]asmodai

on Steam and hit me up. I'm already completely over PUG's... = |

Didn't realise any toggers were playing this until I saw your tag in game. Friend request sent.

red_one 4th May 2012 01:25 PM

Dear god, I can't play this game without either a) finding a few TOGgers or b) playing with pubbers.
So..

NEED TOGGERS!

tlbww 5th May 2012 12:57 AM

dling the game. I used to be pretty decent at the console version. IDK what class to play outside me probably not playing the ones I didn't like playing in the other version (tank, azazn, and assault). The game has changed and I'll have to see if I can pull my old combat buddies to this game

tlbww 6th May 2012 02:58 AM

...I hate this game. Vastly different from the MNC of old and it's quasi- pay to win. I can't play a sniper w/o using real money or playing forever with 6 classes that I don't like. I can't play the gunner but a monkey whose primary wpn is an a#sblanket. I'm appauled at what they did with the game. Overall it's similar ( love the new character concepts), but the traditional characters are locked at the get go? Pros aren't as strong as they were before. IDK about that design move. It's more of a team game for sure, but lord knows you can't pub stomp unless you have a team. Furthermore, I liked the idea that 1 person can really impact the whole game. This game does away with that.

I played a few games. I played console for a year and switch over to pc and I did well for not knowing how to control the game or what skills the gorilla had. The game itself is more team focused, meaning, 1 person really won't impact the game unless they hit the annihilator. Other than that, you need a teammate. Also, 5 v 5 is silly. Why 2 less people than on MNC?

I'm not happy with the direction it went. MNC is more fun imo. I hope they change some things around b/c unless you play with a team or unlock sniper or a great bot killer, you are forced to teammate around. The population was low for a reason... I'm sticking with BF3 and Firefall. Some other games do teammate work better imo. More bodies < teamwork? No, different people performing their roles in cohension < teamwork. A spotter, a healer, the muscle, the co-muscle. In this game, I feel like more bodies is just more muscle. Bit becomes a battle of numbers and not other strategy.

----

Now I still feel like trash about this game, but read a little more about the game. I found out that I did get 15 bucks for being invited to the invitational and something else. I thought it was 15 bucks I had on a steam account or something. ... Now I can buy the classes I want. I will give this game 1 more shot... I guess.

Zalzany 9th May 2012 05:54 PM

I just started playing this its not bad at all. I love playing Leo 6 wins one loss, and I was a striker for that one loss. Would defiantly like to see more TOGers try this one.

Ive already used up a decent amount of coins I earned so its not ridiculously hard to unlock the simple pros. In fact Ive spent almost 2k just on endorsements could have easily skimped a little and be past the half way mark for my first unlocked pro with in 5 hours of game play according to steam; counting the giant ques and practice matches.

As far as teamwork goes I play support, and just zip around supporting the bots with Leo, the other teammates seem to do their own thing. I ran into one enemy team that stuck together and the match was long but we pushed them back despite not getting the annihilator. I really think the Leo pro can change the tied, of course so can any class if they play their strengths well. To me this is a game I can pug and still do well in, much more fun short term then Tribes 2 Ascend, and that for the record is a real grind for free unlocks, this games grind is a joke compared to Tribes.