Old 9th May 2013, 02:50 PM   #21 (permalink)
Advisor
Advisor
Elite - Post: 4496

Same question as Friendlyunit.
Are any of the people who created the Clan still playing? Ludy just said a few created it but didn't give any names.

The Summary from the LiveStream showed that they are putting some focus into Clans now, with the first changes due in the 8.0 patch due in a little over a weeks time.
Although I am happy enough to play this game with just the small group of friends I already am playing with, they are all TOG members anyway, so joining with the wider TOG players makes sense.
Quote:
Thank you for tuning into the Stream!

Here is the Twitch Link: http://www.twitch.tv...frame/c/2257551

Youtube: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=SesYNaURgLw

We will try and get a summary up at some point today.

A quick summary:

1) Update 8 is coming in less than 2 weeks. There will be no Update this Friday so we can focus on making Update 8 awesome.
2) New Dojo details! Make rooms, hang out with (potentially) up to 50 clan members, plus you can build a sparring room for 1v1 duels with your clanmates!
Players group together in clans, pool resources, and build out their Dojo! There will be different roles within the clans where you can do different things. Build away, Tenno!
@ 4:44 you can see the UI mockup.
@ 5:16 you can see what it will look like to build something. Resources in mockup are placeholder.
@ 7:17 you can basically “vote” with your resources. Decide what to build as a clan!
@ 7:40 what about people not in clans? Honest answer, we encourage you to be in a clan. We understand it won’t be for everyone, though. Co-op at squad level is awesome. Solo is fine, small groups are fine, you can make a small clan and still enjoy hanging out in your Dojo.
3) New Tilesets coming! A Grineer Galleon spaceship set and Orokin Tech sets!
4) We are adding "? Alert Missions" with Crafting Materials!
5) We are encouraging users to start clans or join clans, but definitely understand it's not for everyone.
6) More Global events will come, we learned a lot from last weekend's!
7) OPTIONAL Account Reset doesn’t have a date yet, but you will keep your Frost Prime Blueprint and all other exclusive gear.
New sentinel coming! New Warframe coming! New weapons coming!
9) Network improvements are incoming! We have a team dedicated to make matchmaking better.
10) Zero gravity? No focus on it now. Future plans.
11) Will we ever do “Resource Boosters?” Probably!
12) @ 45:40 Trading system: it’s going to be limited. Short answer is “no”, but we plan to have restricted trade to avoid exploits. Long answer is “yes” in a limited fashion!
13) Screenshake is ongoing fix, Ash will definitely get his Shuriken Love!
14) Polearms are coming! Not Update 8, but we have concept art for them.
15) Master Level + Weapons. Tiering, Prestiging. @56:00

Marvel Heroes - TOGBlackIce
BlackIce is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 10th May 2013, 12:40 AM   #22 (permalink)
Harmless - Post: 6

Default Clan

Hi Blackice

If there's a ToG clan being put together in Warframe then sign me up. I watched the livestream and had a question read out (sad that should be exciting for me!). Looking forward to U8 but it's definitely looking like we need a clan set up to get the dojo goodies and also for researching more powerful weapons later on! I'm Calgacus in game too
Calgacus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th May 2013, 01:28 PM   #23 (permalink)
Advisor
Advisor

As the clan 'The Older Gamers' already exists in game, it will be best to wait and see if we can get an invite to that one. If we can't find the original owners then we might need to make up a new clan with a variation name.

Old 10th May 2013, 02:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1033

I've been fondly thinking of starting a clan called Those Orokin Gentlemen.

Uplay: noremac2020 (add me!!) Warframe: FRIENDLYUNIT (Use this link to sign up to get 7day XP booster)
---
This disclaimer has been automatically added.
FRIENDLYUNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th May 2013, 05:33 PM   #25 (permalink)
Advisor
Advisor

I have sent Ludy a PM, to see if we can get the names of anyone who is actually in the Clan. If we can't find any still active players, or can't get the clan ownership transferred to active players, then we will create up a new Clan.
One way or the other I will try to get this sorted out before Friday, so we can all be ready to try out the new content as a clan when the patch arrives.

Old 13th May 2013, 05:40 PM   #26 (permalink)
Division Vice Captain
World of Tanks
Deadly - Post: 1429

Relaxed

A few of us in Aus have been playing a fair bit together, if there isn't any movement from the current owner of the WarFrame TOG clan we will just make a new one.
Old 13th May 2013, 05:58 PM   #27 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1033

Sweet as. I've not been jumping into TS when playing as I'm shy and feel weird hanging out in general channels.

... having said all this I've been reading the Warframe Reddit and they have a clan, who did very well in the fusion moa challenge. I'm even thinking of joining up with those guys if we are too small. For purely selfish reasons, because they will have a big dojo n stuff.

Might check out their TS for a couple of nights (Australian EST), my time and see how it goes.

Uplay: noremac2020 (add me!!) Warframe: FRIENDLYUNIT (Use this link to sign up to get 7day XP booster)
---
This disclaimer has been automatically added.
FRIENDLYUNIT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th May 2013, 10:05 AM   #28 (permalink)
Advisor
Advisor

Clan invites were sent out last night to everyone who has posted their name up in this thread. Check your Contacts page to accept the invite. Its not very visible that you have one pending.
If anyone else wants to join or has been missed, then please post up your name.

Old 15th May 2013, 01:24 AM   #29 (permalink)
Advisor
Advisor

Just a quick update before I go to bed.

It seems the invites are not easily spotted. To accept a Clan invite, click on the Contacts menu up the top. You might see some friend invites waiting there since I sent out friend invites before I had access to the clan. Right click on any Pending friend invites and choose accept.
The Friend invites are seperate to the Clan invites though. Click the 3rd icon on the top of the Contacts window (the 4th icon being the one you use to close that window). This is the Clan window. You will now see the Clan invite sitting in here, showing as Pending.
Right click on the Pending invite and choose Accept.

Once you accept the Clan invite, this 3rd tab in the contacts window will show you the names and ranks of all other Clan members.
If you open the chat window down the bottom of your screen you will notice you now have a few additional chat tabs. There is the generic System channel, your Squad channel (if you are in a group), and a Clan channel. This is how we can contact each other. Of course, joining us in the Any Game Channels on Team Speak will always be the best way to speak to other members. The Chat windows don't really warn you that someone had sent you a message unless you had it open already.

Old 15th May 2013, 01:54 AM   #30 (permalink)
Division Vice Captain
World of Tanks
Deadly - Post: 1429

Relaxed

Hope everyone is getting geared up for the Frost Prime bp's.

Epic weekend ahead.....