Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Member News > Podcasts > Games Industry Podcasts

Games Industry Podcasts Various discussion about the video game industry. (Itunes Store RSS Feed)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26th September 2009, 04:24 PM   #11 (permalink)
Founder
Guru - Post: 11121

I have to listen again myself, I can't quite recall it.
Father is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 26th September 2009, 06:45 PM   #12 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6640

Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father View Post
I have to listen again myself, I can't quite recall it.
That is ok do not trouble yourself it was a long time ago....heck it may not even of been this cast ill try n find it
Old 28th September 2009, 10:49 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11366

I think it was a different Podcast

Ashlann, you mentioned how good the Crayon Physics Deluxe Demo was. I tried this a few nights ago and ended up buying the full game! It's delightfully addictive and quite challenging. Such a simple concept and it been worked perfectly. Like Ashlann I highly recommend giving this demo a run. It's great to kill some time with. It's also fun to even work as a team if someone is there with you.

And yes, Crayon Physics Deluxe is available for the iPhone. It's a nice idea for the iPhone but the size of the screen relative to your fingers makes it difficult to navigate your drawings. You do get used to it to a point though.

Stef, you mentioned the Trials 2 Second Edition Demo on Steam. It looked great but because I couldn't set my own controls I just couldn't work the game. I would like to think the full version gives you the option to customise controls.

Cheers
Ned
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 04:35 AM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The Podcast Guy
Ace - Post: 8063

Buzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned
Ashlann, you mentioned how good the Crayon Physics Deluxe Demo was. I tried this a few nights ago and ended up buying the full game! It's delightfully addictive and quite challenging. Such a simple concept and it been worked perfectly. Like Ashlann I highly recommend giving this demo a run. It's great to kill some time with. It's also fun to even work as a team if someone is there with you.
I have bought it for a friend, but still not for myself -- I just play the demo, or steal her laptop

It is a very well build game, the audio is fantastic -- and you just keep coming back to it. And depth!!! It has so much to it... So many levels.
Ashlann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2009, 11:20 PM   #15 (permalink)
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned View Post

Stef, you mentioned the Trials 2 Second Edition Demo on Steam. It looked great but because I couldn't set my own controls I just couldn't work the game. I would like to think the full version gives you the option to customise controls.

Cheers
Ned
I'm not quite sure there Ned tbh, I do have it on both PC and 360 now. On PC I did play it with a 360 controller though.

It' s one of those games that's easy to learn but hard to master and as excited as I am whenever I play it again and truly having a great time with it, there is this point where I just hit a wall and I never been able to really commit to keep playing it at that point.
Old 6th October 2009, 11:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Guild Officer
Retired Captain
Guild Officer
Elder Scrolls Online
Elite - Post: 3554

Tired

Just catching up on the podcasts

As for the discussion about a medievil RPG, focusing on realism and a mature rating (so as not to water down the content), you guys should check out Mortal Online. Sure, it has magic, but for the rest it is very much in the medievil "era", albeit in a fictional world.

Nice pod cast guys anyway

Flint
Old 6th October 2009, 11:33 PM   #17 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The Podcast Guy
Ace - Post: 8063

Buzzed

Thanks Flintwick! I hope you enjoy the rest of them as much as you did the 'pilot' -- we get a lot better, I promise!
Ashlann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th October 2009, 09:46 PM   #18 (permalink)
Founder

Just checked out some mortal online footage, that could be interesting, I like the artstyle at least so I'll keep an eye on it.