Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Member News > Podcasts > Games Industry Podcasts

Games Industry Podcasts Various discussion about the video game industry. (Itunes Store RSS Feed)

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21st September 2009, 06:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Founder
Guru - Post: 11119

Exclamation The Games Industry Podcast - Info and FAQ

About The Older Gamers - Games Industry Podcast

Alexander (TOG Ashlann) and Stefaan (TOG Father) talk about all that is related to games, the games industry and spend about an hour every 2 weeks expressing their passion for everything that happens in and around the video games industry.

Drac joins the podcast as a regular from Episode 22 (season 2).

We always welcome your feedback here in the podcast forum but listeners also have the opportunity to get involved in our podcast by sending in a question, either as a sound clip or text and email us at:

Please keep your audio question to under 2 minutes and max 10MB in size.

We hope you enjoy listening to our podcast just as much as we have producing it.

Get it on iTunes here
Note: Files can take up to 24 hours to populate to iTunes. Subscribers will find it downloads immediately.

Links

Last edited by Ashlann; 8th July 2010 at 03:27 AM. Reason: Added news re Drac

Old 24th October 2009, 09:31 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The Podcast Guy
Ace - Post: 8063

Buzzed
Default Frequently Asked Questions

Q: How do I get in touch with you?
A: The best way to get in touch with us is send an email. Both of us check this account:

Q: How do I submit questions/opinion for the Podcast?
A: You can either:
  1. Leave written questions on email, or
  2. Record your question using Windows Voice Recorder (or whatever you have available) and send them via email. Please keep file size to a minimum: suitable for email. We will possibly use your recording on the cast, so take the time to prepare your questions/thoughts and read them out clearly, or
  3. The best and easiest way will be to download skype (free VoIP software), add 'Ashlann' and leave your question as a voice message.You won't have to worry about recording & emailing yourself! Please make sure you leave your name for us in the recording, too.
To leave me a voice message, click here:
Leave Ashlann a voice message

Q: When and How are Podcasts recorded & produced?
A: The podcast is recorded using Pamela over Skype (VoIP software). Recordings are then edited using Adobe Audition.

We record fortnightly (currenlty every second Thursday). Check the forum to see the recording date of the latest episode to see when we next go to work.

Q: Can I get involved in the discussion?

A: If you have a burning topic you would like to discuss 'on air' with us, we would certainly welcome your interest! Please send us an email and let us know what you would like to discuss, and when you would be available to join us. You must have Skype installed to join the podcast - this is a free download from skype.com and it's very simple to set up.

Q: Who does all the music? Will you use mine?
A: To date, I have composed/recorded all music (guitar) up to episode 8. TOG member Fox composed & recorded music used in episodes 9, 10 and 11 (thank you!)

Guitar used in episode 13, first break is written by Phil Keaggy. Arranged and performed by Ashlann.

Yes, we would use your music! If you are a musician and would like to hear your music used on the cast, let us know! We only require about 2 minutes of audio in each cast. You must be able to record/produce your audio yourself; we can't help with that.

Last edited by Ashlann; 14th December 2009 at 04:24 AM. Reason: Added voice message link
Old 26th December 2009, 12:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The Podcast Guy

Buzzed
Default Complete Listing of Podcasts

Season 1 - 2009

Season 2 - Scheduled recording January 14th 2010.

Last edited by Ashlann; 8th July 2010 at 03:03 AM. Reason: Updated Podcast list
Old 8th July 2010, 03:25 AM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The Podcast Guy

Buzzed

NEWS

Stefaan & I would like to officially welcome Drac as a permanent Podcaster with us on the Games Industry podcast. His extensive knowledge and insightful comments on all things games related have been greatly valued and we know he's adding something special to our Podcast.

Thanks Drac, and welcome to the team.
Closed Thread