Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Member News > Podcasts > Games Industry Podcasts

Games Industry Podcasts Various discussion about the video game industry. (Itunes Store RSS Feed)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12th January 2010, 01:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Lethal - Post: 5866 TOG Silver Level Supporter

Tired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father View Post
So Jakob did u cave in and got MW2 since?
Not a chance mate. I've heard nothing whatsoever that tempts me to give money to Activision/IW for that product.
The decisions they made, and the way they communicated with their customers made it very easy to cancel my pre-order and use the money on something else.
I don't have one ounce of regret, there's plenty of great gaming out there without me having to fund things that I am opposed to.

The only slight temptation would be if they ever patched in dedicated server support (unlikely, in my opinion; as they would have very little to gain)......but even then I might pass if there are other options available......

"Jakob_Pavlov is a known issue and will be dealt with in the next patch." - bigtabs
Jakob_Pavlov is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 15th January 2010, 11:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4393 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Been listening to the podcasts and just heard this one today. A Wii game I have to recommend is Okami (which is where I derived my current avatar from).

It originally came out for the PS2, but was redone for the Wii and uses the wiimote very well (though sometimes it can be difficult to properly draw a slash with the brush and may take a few tries).

I love the art style of the game (imagine playing a Japanese watercolor painting) and I found the story and gameplay (3rd person action with some puzzle stuff) entertaining.

Edit: Just checked Episode 15's show notes and it doesn't say anything about Father's impression of Tiger Woods PGA Tour 10. I'm eagerly awaiting the news because I've been debating on getting it myself.

Last edited by Zhul; 15th January 2010 at 11:17 AM.
Zhul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th January 2010, 11:39 AM   #13 (permalink)
Founder
Guru - Post: 11115

I haven't really gotten round to playing it tbh, still on my lengthy to do list.

Blame Dragon age
Father is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th January 2010, 03:16 AM   #14 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 4393 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father View Post
Blame Dragon age
Curse you Dragon Age! *shakes fist*

Do they still offer copies of TWPGA10 with the enhanced motion sensor? I remember being tempted by that deal because buying the game with the sensor was a decent discount from buying a sensor separately.
Old 16th January 2010, 10:17 AM   #15 (permalink)
Correspondent
Correspondent Officer
Deadly - Post: 2232

Tired

So how do we get on this podcast? I like to think I can bring a TON of game industry know-how and experience to the show. Could be fun. As a long-standing TOG member, I'd love to be a part of this.

And JaKob, once you read my review (waiting for it to be posted here at TOG still) you'll have read plenty to give you enough reasons to buy MW2.
Old 16th January 2010, 11:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhul View Post
Curse you Dragon Age! *shakes fist*

Do they still offer copies of TWPGA10 with the enhanced motion sensor? I remember being tempted by that deal because buying the game with the sensor was a decent discount from buying a sensor separately.

No I got the motion plus with Wii sports resort, didn't get one with TW regretfully.
Old 19th January 2010, 03:39 PM   #17 (permalink)
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by wytefang View Post
So how do we get on this podcast? I like to think I can bring a TON of game industry know-how and experience to the show. Could be fun. As a long-standing TOG member, I'd love to be a part of this.

And JaKob, once you read my review (waiting for it to be posted here at TOG still) you'll have read plenty to give you enough reasons to buy MW2.
You are welcome to join our cast, not sure if it will work for you timewise though?
Old 26th April 2010, 01:28 PM   #18 (permalink)
Ned
Public Forum Coordinator
Guru - Post: 11362

PLAYLISTS.

Ashlann plays his first MMO...
Quote:
loves it...

addicted...

may not be at the next podcast...

a dear friend gifted him the game via Steam
Guild Wars Factions on Steam

You may think differently of your dear friend after your hygeine standards decline and you start living like a vampire because of an MMO addiction

I do want to give an MMO a run online but after I give the Torchlight demo a thorough testing as mentioned in Games Industry Podcast - Episode 12 chat. I may take your offer up with Guild Wars, it'll depend how basic of an MMO it is. I'll look further into this world when the time comes. From the reviews I've read on Torchlight, it's a basic MMO yet still engaing and fun. That's what I'll be looking for when I test-run an online MMO. I started a thread a while ago asking for opinions on this topic.. help a first time MMORPG player !!. I'll get back to you on this

===

Attorney General atkinson gets a mention again. Much has happened since this podcast and I'm late in replying to it. Ashlann said it's "absurd" what had been happening regarding this person. I agree but that doesn't mean we should take "absurd" things lightly. When I first heard that people were considering setting up a firewall for Australia to censor certain elements of the internet I thought that was "absurd" and it would never happen in a country like Australia... but now look... Internet censorship in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Many people are disturbed by atkinson's actions and mental state. What disturbs me more than the person is the fact that someone like that can get to a position as important as Attorney General

===

The Graphics debate.

Stef mentioned the G4tv.com website. Thanks for that, I've added it to my favourites list!

Far Cry 2 gets a mention with it's great graphics. I was impressed by the mirage effect on the gun barrels after firing a few rounds when aiming down the site. It's those kinds of details that seperate this game's visual from many others.

In my opinion though, good graphics are important in a game but 'great graphics' are not. I still believe great audio adds more to a game's immersion factor.

===

During the Wii chat Ashlann was amazed that Stef has never owned a Mario game or never owned a Nintendo console... Stef isn't alone

Thanks again for another excellent Podcast
Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th April 2010, 02:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The Podcast Guy
Ace - Post: 8063

Buzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned
I may take your offer up with Guild Wars, it'll depend how basic of an MMO it is. I'll look further into this world when the time comes.
Well, I managed it! So, quite simple And you'll find it's pretty cheap with the release of Guild Wars 2 getting pretty close.
Ashlann is offline   Reply With Quote