Go Back   The Older Gamers Forums > TOG Member News > Podcasts > Games Industry Podcasts

Games Industry Podcasts Various discussion about the video game industry. (Itunes Store RSS Feed)

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 9th July 2010, 12:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The Podcast Guy
Ace - Post: 8063

Buzzed
Default Games Industry Podcast S2 - Ep 24 - E3 (part 1)

Part 1 of our extensive coverage of all the news from E3 2010!
Ashlann is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 9th July 2010, 12:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The Podcast Guy

Buzzed

Recorded: Thursday June 17th, 2010

Episode 24: Get it on iTunes now!

In This Episode:

• Well, what else! All the news pouring out of E3 2010 in Los Angeles! We take a look at the first half of what's been going on, pick a few things to pieces and I get all girly about something very, very cool. Well, it's gamers' Christmas E3 after all!
Links Mentioned in the cast:

Don't use iTunes? Download here (42M mp3 - Right Click, Save As - PC)

Notes from the Casters

We'd like to encourage all our listeners to send in their feedback to us on our email address:

Feel free to send in audio questions for us to play on future casts as well

Regards,

Ashlann, Father & Drac

Last edited by Ashlann; 9th July 2010 at 12:08 PM.
Old 14th July 2010, 11:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2696

Hi Guys,

I re-listened to the first portion of the podcast due to the prior technical difficulty. (boo hoo someone deleted my other post)

When Halo was mentioned during the Microsoft segment. I'm not sure if this had been mentioned during E3 or after the convention show. That Bungie inked a 10 year deal with Activision to develop other game properties. I suspect they'll be FPS genre although another genre from Bungie would be interesting to see.

When the Nintendo 3DS was mentioned besides the typical 3D portable gaming to be had. That 3D camera with the 2 lenses on the exterior of the clam shell case. Besides the 3D display itself may pique non-gamer interests for this feature alone as a functional 3D camera. The wireless communication with other networked 3DS units sounds intriguing. Where game items or game levels from other local gamers 3DS game play can appear in your copy of the game.

Nintendo E3 Network | Nintendo 3DS

When your preferences of access to a beta stage of a game was discussed. In term of a MMO they are crucial for a Guild Division to utilize them as a launchpad for a Gold retail release. A TOG Mmorpg division has benefited many a time with access to closed / open beta's to a game title. Allowing them to hit the ground running with expectations in terms of organizational structure and/or volunteered leaders in place more or less.

Perhaps a future topic on what makes a good Guild and what makes a bad one. Would be a very interesting topic to hear from our trio of hosts. The tres amigos of: Father, Drac, and Ashlann.

Atrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 01:36 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The Podcast Guy

Buzzed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrayo
I re-listened to the first portion of the podcast due to the prior technical difficulty. (boo hoo someone deleted my other post)
...I actually didn't delete it -- I had to delete the entire thread to re-submit the actual podcast. Sorry! Re-posting the whole thing was a real pain, but thank you so much for bringing to my attention sooner rather than later!

Regards,
Ash
Old 15th July 2010, 05:37 AM   #5 (permalink)
Elite - Post: 2696

Thumbs up

Hi Ashlann,

Surething, ouch resubmitting the whole thread and correcting the technical difficulty. That would be troublesome, although i'm glad i was one of the early podcast guinea pigs in pointing out that audio error.

Since it could have put off other listeners due to the length of the conversations overlapping for 15 minutes or so long.

Atrayo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2010, 02:40 PM   #6 (permalink)
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator
The Podcast Guy

Buzzed

Fixing it wasn't hard - re-opened the master file, mute the offending track, re-mix it and re-upload. It just takes time.

Your keen ears were greatly appreciated!