Old 11th November 2009, 07:55 AM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1464

Goofy
Default MW2 Thoughts (spoilers)

I love the game so far
The guns, missions and just the general look of the game is great.
One thing that made me feel really uncomfortable and could have been left out of the game IMO was the airport massacre. I just didn't like it at all and I was glad my kids weren't in the room. It was weird and I just wanted to shoot the guys shooting the people.

Can't wait to get online and also check out the spec ops stuff with my friends
Wrapped so far

PC - TOG|Click PS3-PSN - clickaus Guild Wars 2 - clickaus.9170
click is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 11th November 2009, 09:45 AM   #2 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6641

Grumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by click View Post
One thing that made me feel really uncomfortable and could have been left out of the game IMO was the airport massacre. I
Surprised they took out the option to skip that part?

I can see why some would not like that part but it did not bother me, yet i must admit it is a whole debate i do not want to get into.

Look forward to hear how folks get on with the multiplayer though, ill come back into this thread after i have played the game through to let you know what i think.
Old 13th November 2009, 10:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 669

Cheeky

they didnt take it out... its at the start of the game and has a disclaimer with it too...

i didnt mind the killing civilians part, it was more the fact that you had very limited movement speed and that mission, which was pretty much pointless, takes like 5-10minutes :s thats like atleast one Search and Destroy game i could have played and that would have been much more fun than watching pixels fall over :S

^.^
Mysterio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2009, 05:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
kg0
Average - Post: 127

Busy

The single player is good, very good... but short, longer but 1st MW but still - short. I would prefer about... ~30 hrs of play with different skills like ... a full on sniper's mission or piloting of a bomber (CoD:MW), it would be good but then again - the game's success story is not only told by the single-player but by the multi-player online/local which.. is.. just... perfect. Better than original MW? Oh yes, a bit different but I enjoy it a lot (just started playing).
kg0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 02:01 AM   #5 (permalink)
Dangerous - Post: 669

Cheeky

theres the Spec Ops component. theres sniper missions, eliminations, defence, etc
i've only barely finished the alpha set of missions with a friend on veteran. the last mission took sooooo many attempts :S

^.^
Mysterio3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2009, 06:05 AM   #6 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1464

Goofy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterio3 View Post
theres the Spec Ops component. theres sniper missions, eliminations, defence, etc
i've only barely finished the alpha set of missions with a friend on veteran. the last mission took sooooo many attempts :S
I have got about 55/69 stars. If you get stuck with any I might be able to help.
Just wait to you see the challenges in ECHO. I know sellfcon has done alot aswell

PC - TOG|Click PS3-PSN - clickaus Guild Wars 2 - clickaus.9170
click is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 12:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 342

Dead

completed the single player part last night. i cant say i really enjoyed as much as the original MW.
much of MW2 felt like ive done this before. that, and i probably play too many games
(NO WAY!!!!!! ).

by far the best parts of the game are online.
2 player co-op, and multiplayer give many hours of intense gaming fun.

the only thing the multiplayer lacks, is region sorting in the pre match lobby. that is essential for players situated in australia (such as myself), because when we join a match with players at the other end of the planet, whe cop the server LAG, and they don't. that means unfair matches with australians handicapped by half a second (the difference between killing or being killed ).
all it would require, is a plain old filter. if killzone 2 can do it, why can't this game? maybe the people who designed and run the system, don't give a shit. after all, we're just their customers!!!!

PSN: sellfcon
maggot_bag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th November 2009, 05:43 PM   #8 (permalink)
Competent - Post: 445

Scared

My copy only just turned up today, stupid JB. I didnt read this post to see the spoilers, but looking forward to playing some tonight
Old 25th November 2009, 11:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 2431 TOG Gold Level Supporter

Goofy

I finished single player last night.

Seriously? Button mash at the end to kill the big baddy?? That's cheap.
FunkyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th November 2009, 09:52 AM   #10 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Kiz
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3017

Devilish

looks to be a good game, bikkies finished single player (pc) other night
muliplayer seemed to lag and crash alot.. not sure if its still like that..