Old 4th January 2010, 09:13 AM   #1 (permalink)
Deadly - Post: 1798

Angry
Default My Christmas Stocking

I realise christmas has been and gone but the ol ps3 collection certainly got a little larger. The kids gave me assassins crred 2 which has had me burning the midnight oil. I was trying to comlpete it before coming back to work today...almost but not quite is what I have to say on that front.
Along with AC2 I recieved a copy of RID to satisfy some of my racing needs which it delightlyfully has so far.
I managed to get in trouble woth the missus on Friday. I was walking past GAME in the local shopping plaza and they will dumping the renegade edition of DJ Hero for $99 reduced from $220. I hadnt planned on getting it but Im a sucker for a case to put all of my crap in.
The game collection didnt stop there. I also was given Arkham Asylum which I might ad is a fantastic game and part of the resson I havent been able to finish AC2
The kids didnt do too bad themselves either scoring the older ratchet and clank titles as well s eyepet (I think is a bit lame but hey)
The disappointing part is a week off from work is not enough time to play all of these games without getting harrassed by the petticoat government who is not a gamer....ho hum. I guess this is nly going to get worse with the release of some great titles this year.

I hope everyone else did as well as I did.........

"Put your head between your knees and kiss your ass goodbye!!" ......
Milt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 4th January 2010, 09:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Division Captain
Destiny & Consoles
Ace - Post: 9330

Breezy

Hey Milt welcome to the club. As it were. Milt is in the House.

We had bought DJ Hero for $99 on ebgames mad Monday online sale. My son didn't start playing with it after unwrapping so we knew something was up. He came clean later in the day with a copy of an email stating DJ Renegade for $99.

So we hit the sales for the first time ever. The first Game store didn't have any PS3 versions. The second Game store in our area was opening 30min later. We arrived with 15min to spare and found only 1 person outside. This person had been at Bondi Junction the day before and the previous Game store we had visited.

We quickly glanced inside and noted around 14 Renegade Editions inside. A quick eyeball identified at least 4 PS3 versions.

A quick dash later after the crowd gathered, the doors opened and we had 1 in our hot little hands.

The normal DJ Hero was returned to ebgames store for a full refund.

Other items of note were:

PS2
11 PS2 games (second hand)
2 newer PS2 titles namely Jak & Daxter The Lost Frontier and Secret Agent Clank.

Lego Indiana Jones 2 (PS3)
God of War Collection (PS3)

I think we did well enough. Anyone else......
Old 4th January 2010, 05:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lethal - Post: 6640

Grumpy

Nothing much here apart from Fable 2.

Though i just got Batman and MGS4 from the rental place.

One game i got a couple of months back but not played yet that is keeping me away from them is Demons Souls though - I am crap at it but loving it.
Old 4th January 2010, 08:49 PM   #4 (permalink)
Retired Captain
Kiz
Retired Captain
Elite - Post: 3017

Devilish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt View Post
I realise christmas has been and gone but the ol ps3 collection certainly got a little larger. The kids gave me assassins crred 2 which has had me burning the midnight oil. I was trying to comlpete it before coming back to work today...almost but not quite is what I have to say on that front.
Along with AC2 I recieved a copy of RID to satisfy some of my racing needs which it delightlyfully has so far.
I managed to get in trouble woth the missus on Friday. I was walking past GAME in the local shopping plaza and they will dumping the renegade edition of DJ Hero for $99 reduced from $220. I hadnt planned on getting it but Im a sucker for a case to put all of my crap in.
The game collection didnt stop there. I also was given Arkham Asylum which I might ad is a fantastic game and part of the resson I havent been able to finish AC2
The kids didnt do too bad themselves either scoring the older ratchet and clank titles as well s eyepet (I think is a bit lame but hey)
The disappointing part is a week off from work is not enough time to play all of these games without getting harrassed by the petticoat government who is not a gamer....ho hum. I guess this is nly going to get worse with the release of some great titles this year.

I hope everyone else did as well as I did.........
looks like you will have to tell the missus to go window shopping (anything other then games is not worth buying, so she only needs to look hehe)
or get her into gaming aswell